lavendar haze
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
we show off our different scarlet letters
Flora's first (and only) meeting with Neron sat encased firmly behind a rose-coloured veil in her thoughts. Like some fine artwork safely placed on a pedestal, Flora could gaze at the memory whenever she wanted. Over the months it had been transformed from a casual and pleasant evening to a fated and wonderous night of mystery and enchantment. So it was that as she finally found her way to the bar that the tall, dark blonde, and handsome man had mentioned he worked at (owned?), she felt far more nervous and excited than she really had any reason to.

Rather than being dressed elegantly with not an eyebrow hair out of place, today, after having trained with Darkeye, Flora looked far rougher around the edges with her hair tangled into a bun on the top of her head, wisps framing her face, and not an ounce of colour on her lips. Luckily, her youthful complexion added more than enough colour and life to her cheeks and eyes to make up for it.

Pushing open the door and still wondering about the strange name of the bar, Flora blinked a few times to let her eyes adjust, both trying instantly to catch sight of Neron, while looking cool and casual just the same.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Neron
the wind breathes lonely
longing to be seen
Cool and casual is the flavour of the evening, as it so happens. Emphasis on the cool, though Flora will see why in just a moment. Neron is easy to spot behind the bar, his black shirtsleeves rolled to the elbow and his fair hair swept back and out of his face. Whilst he still has the youthful face of a man in his very early twenties, there's no colour in his cheeks or around his eyes, given the lack of... you know. Blood.

He's in the process of crafting an ice sulpture (it's in the shape of a glittering snake) for a group of patrons, ensuring every scale is in place with his magic, before pouring a good deal of wine over it and providing a few glasses for them to enjoy themselves. Only once he's finished there does he glance back across the bar - and whilst he notices Flora, oop, he doesn't recognise her.

Luckily for her, he offers a smouldering smile to all of his guests. So at least there's that.
sometimes the soul
has days like these
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
There is that, and of course, Flora takes Neron's smouldering smile and absolutely twists and stretches it to accommodate her every assumption. Namely, that he'd been thinking of her as often as she'd been thinking of him (which, to be fair, wasn't all that often, what with Jack and Amanda leaving their marks on her lips).

Flashing Neron back a smile of, oh! It's you!, she strides across the bar and opts for a seat towards the end, apart from the group slorping at the wine dripping off of the ice serpent. "Now that is quite the garnish." She chuckles, before offering Neron her most coquettish smile (she'd been practicing this one in the mirror). "I know I said I'd come by sooner, but you know how it is." Flora huffs apologetically as she leans her forearms against the bar to try and diminish the space between them.

"How have you been since the festival?"
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Neron
the wind breathes lonely
longing to be seen
Luckily for all of them, Flora leaves Neron all the breadcrumbs he needs to be able to figure out who she is, and by the time she's leaning prettily against his bar, he's got all the information required to flirt (obviously). "You think so? I find them quite garish, but it isn't about me, right?" Flashing a fanged grin at her and nodding at the patrons (who are positively cackling about the phallic nature of the serpent), it's quite easy to guess how he has been since the festival.

"The fun never stops," he drawls, looking her up and down and stepping back, reaching beneath the bar for a gin glass. "I feel like this is your poison," he says, wiggling the glass at her and grabbing a bottle of the Grounds' finest offerings. "How have you been?"
sometimes the soul
has days like these
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"Garish and garnish are only one letter apart." Flora points out, as if this is something profound. Though it absolutely isn't, she sits up straighter now, emboldened by this something novel observation.

Flora, who has absolutely no idea what alcohol is meant to go into what type of glass, nods enthusiastically. 'Am I really that predictable?' She wonders, lowering her chin and pouting prettily for just a moment, before shrugging her shoulders. "Well, I've settled in nicely in Torchline." Her, Flora pauses just for a moment that the silence might somehow communicate the following: You know, the place I told you I was living, and I said you should come visit, and you said that you would but never did. "Everyone is gearing up for the war though, which really sucks the life out of the place. That and the fact that it's actually quite cold there makes me wonder if I haven't picked the wrong place to live." Again Flora pauses, though this time she fills the silence with a laugh, and only waits for a moment or two for Neron to suggest that she come and live with him.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
Neron
the wind breathes lonely
longing to be seen
"Of course not. I am just really that good." Flattery is as flattery gets, after all, and Neron smirks and turns to pour her a generous measure with (delightful, he knows) little ice roses, and he turns to place it down before her with a flourish. Raising his eyebrows to hear she has settled in her little tropical paradise (and yes, he has forgotten he was meant to visit, sorry not sorry), Neron tilts his head as she lays out the pros and - mostly, it seems - cons.

"Cold? I assumed the beach was warm. That is why people go there," he points out, swiftly refilling a mug with ale that an older man brings to the bar. "Although I regret to inform you that no matter where you live, they will be gearing up for the war. Don't you know, us big bad Ascended are meant to go wild and take over the world in a month?"
sometimes the soul
has days like these
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"Mmmmmmm." Flora hums suggestively; time with Jack has made her just that much more bold to not instantly blush at a near-innuendo. "Now is this garish, or..gr..." Crinkling her nose, Flora finds that her lexical burst of inspiration before was all but gone. "..great?" Laughing as if to admit just how terrible that was, as she reaches for the glass.

'You would think, but no. There's a shrine that someone built in one of the caves. I think it's to the ... Eyerachee? and apparently that's what's doing it." As for all the big bad ascended? Flora can only laugh. "Well, if you could not that would be greatly appreciated, because it's really bringing down the mood." Said with all the bright cheer of someone who has absolutely nothing to worry about when it comes to the war (she thinks), and no real notion of the consequences of it, she merely shrugs.

"Are you planning on being a part of all the fighting? Or will you go to the Haven?"
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
Neron
the wind breathes lonely
longing to be seen
Garish, or great? Neron smiles at that, shrugging casually and gazing over the pretty ice flowers in the frosted glass of gin. "Well, I would say this is pretty great," he confirms. "But then, I chose to do this, I wasn't requested to. It makes a difference." With a wink, he straightens back up from the bar - only to visibly stiffen at the mention of the Eirachi, however butchered her name.

"Well, I wish I were surprised," he murmurs. "That does seem like the sort of thing she would try to do. I hope someone fixes Torchline soon." And he means it, too. Just like he means what he says next, and the fanged smile reappears then, at least.

"Oh, I'll be here, fighting. I've stared death in the face enough times that I'd feel cheated if I were tucked up in a bed somewhere when it finally came for me," he says. "And you? Will you be defending Torchline's shores?"
sometimes the soul
has days like these
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
Neron's words have a way of sending warm shivers down Flora's spine despite his icy abilities and colouring. His wink had her pulse quickening, and if she knew anything at all about the ascended, she might be worried that he'd be able to hear it.

'Oh?' Flora rolls the glass on the bar, hesitating to take a drink if only so that she wouldn't the pretty roses. "No one is sure who built the shrine, but a few people are going to try and take it down I think." Was it worth mentioning that she had tried and failed? No. Had she noticed the way Neron stiffened at the mention of her name? Also no.

"Is that so?" Of course Flora is impressed, though largely that's to do with her enumerable daddy issues. Narrowing her eyes slightly, Flora's aqua stare trickles over Neron's face where, if she looks hard enough, she thinks she can see.."-is that where you got that?" Much as she wants to reach across, Flora instead just tilts her chin up as her eyes return to his.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
Neron
the wind breathes lonely
longing to be seen
Here they both are, each failing to notice the more importance nuances about the other, and that is the shit that dreams are made of, if you ask Neron. (Or, well, it's what dreams are made of if your dream is to hook up with someone with no strings attached, so you know... same thing). "Good luck to them," he remarks of the shrine and those attempting to tear it down. It's safe to say there is absolutely no love lost between he and the Eirachi.

"That is so," he confirms with a smirk, and the tilt of his chin suggests that perhaps he really can hear her pulse flickering beneath her skin. Oh, but then Flora goes and ruins it by mentioning the blemish on his face, and he subtly turns his head the other way. "Yes and no," he murmurs. "I am quite certain I did stare death in the face, but I cannot prove it. Ludo's demigod has sharp claws and a bad temper."
sometimes the soul
has days like these
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
Whether girls typically find scars hot because it implies that the wearer is a bad boy or if it's a neon sign screaming FIX ME, FIX ME, is unclear, though for Flora it's absolutely the vulnerability that draws her interest. Remi and Ronin are lined with scars only theirs make them seem even more untouchable than she in fact knows they are.

While it was Flora who opened this particular door, it's Neron who slams it. "Wh-" She huffs, fingers tightening around her glass. "Remi did that?" Her tone is rhetorical and if there wasn't a bar between them Flora would be trying to smooth away the unhappy skin with her fingertips. "What an asshole." She murmurs of her father, not bothering to ask if Neron had deserved it or what had provoked her father.

"Well, if it helps, you wear it well."
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
Neron
the wind breathes lonely
longing to be seen
If only Flora knew, Neron doesn't just have a neon sign; there's a brass band announcing its presence as well. Luckily, being an Ascended has blunted the teeth of his trauma, and it's just regular ego to contend with these days. (Mostly). "I believe so. He was in a hawk's feathers at the time, but there aren't many who look like him. Still, I suppose I should be thankful that he didn't take my eye."

He is an asshole, though, and that earns Flora a smaller smile, Neron turning back to face her little by little. "You are too kind," he purrs. "If you are trying to get more drinks out of me, you are succeeding." And luckily, things aren't too busy at the bar tonight, so he has plenty of time for her.

"What brings you to the Grounds, anyway?"
sometimes the soul
has days like these
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"Even fewer who act like him." Flora says through lips that want to become a sneer and are only held in the shape of a smile because she hasn't yet practiced pretty-sneering (she will now, though).

"Mm, I suppose I should drink up, then." She agrees, finally tipping back the glass. The ice-roses numb her lips slightly such that a droplet of gin rolls down her chin which Flora wipes away with a sheepish smile. The gin is quite easy to drink, and though it reminds her of Remi, she swallows the rest with ease. Running her teeth over her bottom lip experimentally to gauge just how much she could feel and where the roses were still cooling her skin, she raises a brow and pushes her glass forward.

"Oh, I was here training. With that...Darkeye? The one who thinks he's a dwarf? Or...used to be a dwarf?" Flora's tone very much suggests she didn't think too highly of him, without being overt about it just in case Neron and Darkeye were secret BFFs.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
Neron
the wind breathes lonely
longing to be seen
Bouncing his eyebrows at her in agreement, both about the Lullaby and the gin, Neron accepts her glass and turns back to fetch her a top-up of gin. The ice roses will be freshly replenished when he sets the glass back down, and perhaps there's an addition or two in the form of crescents and stars. "Training with Darkeye," he echoes, the tone much more of a drawl than anything else.

"There is no love lost between he and I. He is quite... well. He makes me look modest, put it that way." He scoffs, straightening up and taking a couple of moments to refill a few more glasses for patrons before his attention turns right back to Flora. "If you need to train in future, you know where I am." Speaking of which...

"And if you didn't just come to the Grounds for training, maybe I could show you around once this place closes? So long as you don't mind the dark, of course."
sometimes the soul
has days like these