Training Oops I did it again
For Maeve
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
EDMUND

Edmund paced back and forth at the training grounds closest to the Court of the Stars. He'd sent a letter to his Mummy to meet him here. The young teen hadn't seen his mum since he suddenly aged up, and he feared her reaction. The last thing he wanted was to hurt or disappoint his mum. But he hadn't done this intentionally and he hadn't ages up past the boundary she set.

The Abandoned had hoped that his mum would react favorably and that she would then indulge his request to train. Edmund only knew the most basic self-defense after all.

When he heard footsteps behind him, Edmund took a deep breath and turned around. "Mummy? Uh..hi."
I never realized how beautiful
Fires burn under the stars
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
My dear, we're slow dancing in a burning room
She knew something was up as soon as she received the letter. The writing was different. The letters looping with more grace and ease than they had previously. Not that his penmanship was poor to begin with, but it lacked the fine motor skills that came with age. This didn't. Unease swirls in her belly, fingers tight on her bow as she walks towards the requested meeting place, and the Nightshade does her best to steady her nerves. Gods only knew what trouble her son could have gotten into in the time he was away.

Her steps falter, however, jade eyes going wide as the voice that greets her is a touch deeper and the boy that stands before her is well on his way to towering over her slender form. Maeve blinks. Once, twice, and finally a third time before her brows knit together. "Edmund?" And oh, she can't help the disbelief that creeps into her tone. The incredulous expression settling on her features because how was it that both of her boys had aged in such a short period.

Safrin help her.

"What did you do, ma petite étoile"
Maeve
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
EDMUND

Edmund smiled sheepishly at his Mummy's valid disbelief. "Hi." He repeated awkwardly, confirming his identity. The Abandoned walked over and gently took his Mum's hands, nervously running his fingers over her knuckles. "I'm sorry, Mummy. I didn't mean to. I really really, didn't mean to."

Taking a deep breath Edmund tried to explain what had happened, not that he really understood it himself. "I was just exploring, like I usually do. And all I did was walk past a shrine. I didn't even go in! But I started getting this really weird tingling feeling and then everything started spinning. It was really scary! And then poof, I was bigger." He ended his ramble, chewing on his bottom lip nervously, hoping his Mummy wouldn't be too upset.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Whatever frustration the Nightshade is feeling about her son aging again fades as he nervously approaches, gripping her hands tightly, thumbs brushing across her knuckles in a move that's so like Harper she almost forgets that he isn't the Attuned's son by blood. The Queen sighs softly, shaking her head in a gentle dismissal of his worry, releasing one of his hands to cup his cheek instead. "It's okay, love. I know you didn't mean to." And she believes him.

"Are you alright now?" Maeve asks gently, thumb brushing across his cheek lightly before she draws him into a tight hug, pressing a kiss to the top of his curls. "You're so big now. Soon you'll be taller than me."
Maeve

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones.

You've encountered the OG random event! This allows you to skip one levelling requirement with the character in this thread. (Unfortunately does not count for characters over level 10, how sad.)
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:
EDMUND

Edmund relaxed when it was clear that his Mum wasn't angry, but he still felt bad. He knew she worried, and he hated to add to the stress that she was already facing with the looming war. He leaned his cheek into her hand with a small smile, closing his eyes. "Still, I'm sorry, Mummy."

Opening his eyes, he returned the tight hug. Nodding firmly against her shoulder he tried to reassure his mum, "I'm ok. It only lasted for a moment." Despite his growth spurt, the young teen still giggled when his mum kissed his head. "I know! It's so weird to suddenly be taller."

Stepping back, he played with the sleeve of his shirt nervously, "I uh... actually wanted to ask you to train with me. That's part of why I asked you to come here. The other part was well..." Edmund gestured vaguely to himself.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Her sweet boy. Always so worried about disappointing her. It isn't possible, of course, but it's sweet that he has those concerns. Brushing her fingers through his hair for a moment, Maeve holds him close before she finally releases him, letting him draw out of her embrace should he wish. "I can only imagine, but you'll get used to it." She reassures him easily, lifting his chin with a finger before she drops that hand too, straightening up to her full height as he begins to fidget.

The question catches her slightly off guard, making her blink in surprise as she looks down at her son and she finds herself hesitating only for a moment. He was so young and she wanted to argue with him. If only because she didn't want him to have to worry about that yet. It was silly. Completely ridiculous to think she could protect him from everything.

Maeve sighs softly before ultimately nodding. "Okay. I'll teach you some things. What do you want to learn?" She asks, leading him further into the room towards the racks of weapons.
Maeve
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:
EDMUND

"I hope so." Edmund shrugged, "It's still weird." The instant change of perspective was a bit disorienting. With new height came new depth perception adjustments. He'd already tripped twice today. Hopefully he wouldn't do so again.

Edmund smiled widely when his Mum agreed to his request. "Thank you!" He happily followed her to where the weapons were kept. At her question though he was at a loss. Hand going to his chin he skewed his eyes in thought. Snapping, he perked up. "I got it!"

Rounding on his mum he eyed her imploringly, "Would you teach me how to use a bow like you? Please?" It always awed the young man to watch his Mum train with her bow. The whip was also cool, but it scared Edmund a little too much to want to use. At least, not yet.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
"You will. I promise." The Nightshade was quick to soothe her son, offering him a reassuring smile before she's leading him towards the rack of various weapons. His request makes her swell and she can't keep the smile from growing as a laugh bubbles up in her chest. Reaching forward to cup his cheek again, she nods, "Of course, love. It was the first weapon I learned to use too." She shifts around him, examining the bows on the rack, brows knitting together as she considers the options before selecting one that was likely the right size for him. "We'll start with this one first."

But before she passes him the bow, Maeve slips it over her shoulders to rest with her own, "We have to learn what eye you're most dominant with first." Recalling the lesson that Noah had given her when she first started to shoot. "I hold my bow with my right, but I am left eye dominant. You might be the same. Hold your hands up like this and then draw back your hand you wouldn't be holding the bow with towards your face." Demonstrating the movement Maeve begins with her hands forming a triangle before she draws back her left. "This will reveal your dominant eye depending on where your hand naturally drifts."
Maeve
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:
EDMUND

Edmund matches his Mum's smile, "It is? Wow." He hadn't been aware of that. It made him all the more eager to learn how to wield a bow. The young teen reached before the bow before pausing when his mum put it on her shoulder. Blinking in confusion, a look of understanding passed over him at her explanation.

"Ok. I'll try." Mimicking her motions, Edmund tried to determine which of his eyes was dominant. He repeated the motion a few times to make sure he got it right before he turned to his mum and grinned. "I think I'm left eye dominant too." It made something in his chest warm to have yet another small thing in common with his mum.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve watches him closely, head tilting to the side as he repeats the movement a few times over, knowing by the second that he was the same as her. It makes a smile curl on her lips, "It would seem so. Which means this bow won't work for you." The Nightshade removes the bow from her back and places it on the rack once more. Thankfully she's prepared for this. Grabbing another bow from the weapons rack, Maeve makes her way back over to him, offering him the weapon. It's almost identical to her own in every way except for the missing constellations carved into the wood, "This was my old bow that Remi made specifically for me. It will be a good place to start."

She shifts them towards the targets that are set up, placing a quiver of arrows on a stand between them, "Alright, lets try a few practice shots." Maeve demonstrates the proper stance, ensuring her core is tight and her hips are lined up properly, feet planted firmly. "Keep your shoulders back and draw the string back evenly, take a deep breath, and release." She instructs gently, taking each moment a step at a time so he can take it all in before she releases a shooting star into the target with a thunk.
Maeve
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:
EDMUND

Edmund watches her trade the bows with some confusion before it clicks for him. "There are different styles of bows for different eye dominances?" The two forms seemed to each have the arrow rest shaped differently, giving the dominant eye a clearer view. When Maeve hands the bow over, the Abandoned takes it with reverence. "This used to be yours?"

Focusing intently, Edmund watches his mum demonstrate the proper technique. When the arrow comes out a star, he lets out a small gasp. "Did Lady Safrin give you that one?" It was beautiful so surely it had to be. Maybe one day Edmund would be worthy of a gift from his Goddess.

When his mum steps back and it's his turn, the young teen tries his best to emulate her technique. Much to his shock the movement comes easy, natural even. When he releases the arrow, it sails straight and with a thunk goes right into the bullseye. Blinking in shock, Edmund turns to look at his mum, "...like that?"
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Ever an astute student, her son poses all the right questions and her smile grows, "Yes. They all have different styles that are better suited for the user. That's part of why you want to commission a bow." Maeve explains, letting him study her old weapon, "It was. I had it made when I was pregnant with you." When his father had left and she was afraid of what that meant for her. Scared that she wouldn't be able to protect him.

Laughing softly, the Nightshade nods, dropping her arm and letting her form relax. "She did. I had to complete a quest for her to get it." Not just that, but she'd had her fingertips burned off for it, too.

Stepping to the side so he has room to work, the Queen watches with pride as he moves into his form without a moment of hesitation, falling into it naturally. She doesn't even have to adjust his elbow or shoulders. He releases the arrow and it hits the bullseye, sinking in deeply, "Exactly like that. Again." Maeve instructs, releasing another arrow of her own towards the target.
Maeve
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:
EDMUND

Edmund brightens when his mum confirms his suspicion. "You have to get one commissioned? Wow." So each bow was unique for the individual, that was an exciting thought. It made it all the more special that he was currently using his mum's old bow.

"I thought so... It's beautiful." He also finds himself looking at her current one with further awe. It had been made by their Goddess specifically for his mum. That was incredible.

The young teen grins when his mum takes her shot, enjoying watching the shooting stars as they collided with the target. When it was his turn once more, Edmund nodded with determination. "Ok, mummy." He steps back into his stance, a little more nervous this time as he tries to replicate his previous shot.

Upon release, the arrow holds true. It strikes the target just a few centimeters from the bullseye, the fletching of the two arrows slotting against each other. Edmund grins, "This is really fun!" And he seemed to have a knack for it, a realization that made warmth expand in his chest. Having something else in common with his mum made the young teen happy.