What makes a brother?
For Jude!
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935
EDMUND

Edmund was sitting on the front steps of their home, lost in thought. Everything was changing so quickly. The war was right around the corner, he'd grown, again. Uncle Harper and him Mum were finally engaged, though maybe he should stop calling the man that now. And he had a brand-new baby brother which was incredible.

The Abandoned wanted to be a good brother but he wasn't sure how. What made a good brother? Being supportive and protective? Yes. Loving? Undoubtedly. Playful and teasing? Siblings had to do so. It was a law of the universe itself. But what else? Edmund really didn't know. But he wanted to do right by Jude and be the best brother that he could be.
I never realized how beautiful
Fires burn under the stars
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Jude
Jude is still too young to go back and forth from school alone, so yet again he is walking back home with his father holding his hand, chattering about his day. His father noticed Edmund on the stoop first, but Jude is not far behind, excitedly pulling his hand from Harper’s to go running the rest of the way down the sand-streaked road. “Edmund!” he calls joyously, and doesn’t notice how his father grins and leaves them to it, heading to the side door and faintly calling Maeve’s name.

Jude skids to a stop in front of his older brother, smiling like the sun. Aside from his more golden skin, they’re nearly impossible to distinguish, as if they truly were blood related. Reaching for Edmund’s hand, the younger boy bounces on his toes. “School was so boring today! What did you do today? Was it fun?” His older brother is his idol, and Jude wouldn’t have it any other way.
Promise I’ll fight the bad dreams off if they come to get you
Code blatantly stolen from Sky
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935
EDMUND

Edmund looked up at the sound of his voice, his own face breaking into a wide grin. "Jude!" When the little boy reaches out, the older pulls him in for a quick squeeze before drawing back and listening. Figures school was boring for the high energy kid in front of him.

"Well.. I went to school to. And I paid attention in class." The tease is accompanied by a gentle boop on the nose with a finger. "And then I came home and explored the market a little. I got a snack too from that lady who sells warm pretzels. Then I practiced my magic a little bit with a candle and then I sat and waited for you to come home." Edmund finished his mini report with a chuckle. "A very busy day."

His magic was slowly improving, higher levels of control being reached each day. Edmund hoped that he'd have a breakthrough soon. Fire was too volatile not to have a solid handle on. He didn't want to hurt his family or friends.
I never realized how beautiful
Fires burn under the stars
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Jude
Jude squeezes back as good as he gets, giggles muffled into his brother's shirt. When he's released, the younger boy plops down gracelessly on the stoop beside Edmund, eyes shining warm honey gold with attentiveness. Though he pouts at the playful rebuttal - nose crinkling beneath the gentle boop - it barely lasts, tiny snickers eeking out. Refocusing, Jude listens with wide eyes as Edmund recounts every bit of his day, each moment seemingly far more exciting than the last - far more exciting than anything Jude has ever done, he's certain of it.

"That's so cool!" Jude crows in abject appreciation for his brother. Standing up he grabs Edmund's hand, curly head whipping around to ensure nobody is present before grinning brightly. "Come show me what you can do with your magic!" he whispers (very badly). They're not technically supposed to do it without supervision, but Edmund is a pro. Pulling on his brother's hand to direct them towards the side of the house, Jude nearly skips with excitement, eager to see Edmund's progress with his fire.

- Fin
Promise I’ll fight the bad dreams off if they come to get you
Code blatantly stolen from Sky

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
It starts as one. Then another. And then another. And soon a whole herd, keeled over as if asleep, but of course you know that can't be the case. These ramphire do not move; their chests do not rise and fall, and all appear to have been killed recently, all at once. How? You don't know. But there's no blood. Not a single drop to be found.