la vie en rose
For Harper <3
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I would fall from grace just to touch your face
It's a rare night that their house is empty. Not something that often happens and while the quiet is strange, the Queen decides to make the most of it. She's humming to herself as she drifts in and out of the kitchen, setting a board full of various cheese, crackers, meats, and fruit onto the low coffee table. Next comes the wine. Two glasses placed by a bucket of ice, the bottle nestled inside to keep it chilled as she lights the candles, alighting the room in a soft glow.

She straightens, smoothing out her dress and running her fingers through her curls, fussing with how they lay as she examines her appearance in the mirror. He'd be home any minute and perhaps it was a silly idea, but Maeve had wanted to do something nice for them. They needed a night to simply exist with each other without the distraction of the outside world and all that consisted of.

Swiping her thumb under her bottom lip and insuring that her lipstick was perfect, the Nightshade straightens, turning towards the door as it opens. A smile spreads over her features, causing her eyes to light up as she floats forward to meet him, rising up on tip toes to wrap her arms around his neck and pull him down for a kiss. "Welcome home, ma lumière." She murmurs against his lips, feeling along the bond for him as she presses close.
Maeve
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
HARPER
He had known somewhere in the back of his head that the house would be empty tonight, but it hadn’t clicked as to what that meant. Edmund off at a friend’s house, Jude with Phoebe, and Maeve and Harper alone in the Court. It doesn’t register until he walks in the door, tired but bright-eyed, to find Maeve dolled up and stunning in the low light of the entryway. Taken by surprise which she can surely feel through the bond - followed by a swell of love and appreciation for how beautiful she looks - the man smiles as he is pulled down for a lingering kiss broken only by her welcome.

Nudging the door closed absently with his foot, he wraps his arms around her, weight lifting from his shoulders to have her in his embrace. Blue eyes glance up only briefly, reluctant to tear away from the image she paints, and he makes an appreciative noise over what he can see of her efforts. “You’ve been busy,” he notes fondly. “What’s all this for? Not that I’m complaining of course.”
some things take insane bravery
but after that, you'll be free
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Her slender arms wind their way around his neck, the curve of her body pressing into the lithe line of his, arching gracefully in his hold as she maintains her balance easily on her toes. His appreciation isn't missed and the Queen glows under it, lighting up along the bond as a Cheshire grin curls playfully on her lips at his comment, "I just thought it would be nice to have some time together." They of course had many an evening together during the week, but those were usually split between homework, dinner, archery practice with Edmund, and whatever remaining work the Queen had to complete in the Court. By the time the two of them fell into bed they were often too exhausted for more than a few tired kisses before they drifted off in each other's arms.

Plus there was the news from Safrin she had to break to him and for a moment unease flares along the bond, but she quickly tamps it down, not wanting to start them off on a sour note. "Come, sit... How was your day?" The Nightshade instead urges, drawing back to take his hands and guide him towards the couch, floating through the room on light feet each move drawing him into an unplanned dance.

Urging him to sit, the Queen uncorks the bottle of wine, pouring them both a glass of the deep red liquid before passing him one. She settles beside him, legs tucking beneath her and dress fanning out lightly around her. It's strangely reminiscent of many nights spent in the Halenani together after she would finish working for the night. She finds herself smiling at the thought, resting her arm against the back of the couch, dropping her head into her palm as she brings her wine up to her lips for a slow sip.
Maeve
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
HARPER
He hums happily at the prospect of a night together, especially when she is soft and glowing with warmth and happiness in his arms. So much so that he’s reluctant to release her, even for the brief time it takes for her to pull him over to the couch by their connected hands. He sits obediently, divesting himself of his coat which goes over the arm of the couch, and his shoes which get kicked over to the same side of the couch. He’ll take care of them later. For now, he has a glass of wine and his fiancée beside him to focus on.

Sipping deeply at his own glass, and feeling the nostalgia from the ring, Harper smiles into his glass. The vision she creates doesn’t pass him by, recalling those nights as well. “Busy. I’ve been helping Hadama with his quest of keeping vigil at the beach, and there was a squabble at the docks I had to sort out that took an annoyingly long amount of time. But not too bad of a day overall. What about you?” He pulls a leg onto the cushion between them, acrobatic tendencies eternally present in his inability to sit correctly as Harper gives her his full attention.
some things take insane bravery
but after that, you'll be free
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
She’d yet to tell him about the other night. Of her inability to sleep and how she found herself at their goddess’s shrine. The task that Safrin laid before her and her inability to say no. Maeve is quiet for a moment, fingertips trailing along his calf as she tries to find the best words, knowing that her unease along the bond will begin to speak for her. ”It was fine. Just finishing up organizing things within the Court.” She pauses, bottom lip catching between her teeth before she downs her entire glass of wine, setting her glass down.

”I saw Safrin last night. I couldn’t sleep and ended up at the lighthouse. I didn’t even think she’d come with war just around the corner, but she needed to talk to me.” Her voice is soft, still melodic despite the news she’s about to deliver, knowing what it this meant for them. The risk they were running. ”I have to go to the Draig with the others to fight.” The words catch in her throat, lodging there and choking her, making it hard to breathe as she looks anywhere except for his eyes.

She can’t bear to see the worry there. He couldn’t go with her. He’d have to stay here. They wouldn’t be able to keep each other safe and that was the worst part of all. Maeve blinks, realizing that her cheeks are wet, eyes burning with tears as she draws in a strangled breath.
Maeve