new library card
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
Phoebe was taking advantage of her new home by exploring all it had to offer. Sidhe Village was livelier than she remembered, but perhaps having Remi in control of the Greatwood had warmed up the Fae to outsiders. At first she had thought the Undercroft was the name of a tavern - she didn't know why it just sounded like a taverny name - but was quite pleased to find it was a library.

She found herself there to explore its collections. Surely it would prove useful in Jude's schooling. Certainly it would put Harper's mind at ease that a trove of knowledge was literally around the corner from the cabin she and Jude resided in. Well. Usually around the corner. The Greatwood had a way of making even the most straightforward of paths a winding road at times.

The Nightingale selected a tome about the Old Gods and began to peruse it, curious what insights it might have to offer. But as she did so she heard another descending the stairs. "Hello, Remi!" she said with a smile upon seeing her new ruler. "Or should I say your highness?"
don't look back, you're not going that way
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
he said "i bet you don't remember me"
Caught slightly off-guard by the sudden trill of Phoebe's voice, Remi's smile was lopsided and boyish at first before his mind was able to catch up. "Well, it is actually Great and Powerful Guardian of the Woods, his most Royal Highness, but since you are new here, I will withhold the punishment." He murmurs with a shrug, before making his way over.

"Getting in some light reading, I see." Remi nods, nodding his head slightly to the stack of thick and somewhat dusty tomes on the Old Gods that Phoebe had amassed. Raising his eyebrows to silently enquire about what she might be doing with them, Great and Powerful Guardian or not, he was still hushed quite severely by an elderly fae seated behind one of the desks who pointed a gnarled stick at a "Keep Your Voices Down!" sign hanging nearby.
THE ALCHEMIST
and i said, "only every other memory".
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
The way her cheeks sucked in and lips pursed would make clear her effort not to laugh as Remi recited his title. She couldn't tell if he was being serious or joking but either way she found it very amusing. "My sincerest apologies Great and Powerful Gaurdian of the Woods." she said finally with a deep curtsey. The urge to laugh was still there, but she was able to keep it together at least.

The Nightingale looked at her pile of books and smiled sheepishly. She had gotten a bit carried away, hadn't she? "I was just curious what the Fae perspective on the Old Gods was. Particularly Frey." she said softly, so as not to anger the Fae librarian further. "Unless you've banned all those books?" she said with a raised brow, only half teasing. Remi's encounters with Frey had either been unpleasant or resulted in unpleasant consequences. She wouldn't be surprised if he had scrubbed the library of their presence now that she thought about it.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Not bothering to hide the way his nose crinkled at the mention of Frey, Remi shakes his head. "No, I have not become so tyrannical as to start banning books. But maybe that is a good idea." He jokes. "Better people know what to look out for than walk into situations unaware. Perhaps if we had known more at the time, what happened in the Temple when we first arrived could have been avoided." Gods but that was years ago now. Even so, he remembered vividly what it was like to see his friend stripped naked, touched by Celosia, and how Frey had only brought it to a halt when the Nightengale's terrified screams had pierced the still air.

Clenching his jaw together, Remi simply shakes his head. "Not that it has done much good. Flora seems quite taken with Frey already." Though, given the circumstances of her conception perhaps that wasn't so surprising. That, and the girl seemed quite keen on doing precisely everything in her power to get under his skin at each and every opportunity.
THE ALCHEMIST

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones.

You've encountered the OG random event! This allows you to skip one levelling requirement with the character in this thread. (Unfortunately does not count for characters over level 10, how sad.)
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
Phoebe couldn't help her slight snicker at Remi's expense given the way his face contorted. "Glad to hear I haven't moved to a tyrannical place." she said with a grin. But she paused, pondering his supposition that more knowledge would have prevented what had occured with Celosia. "I don't think it would have prevented it. Any god could have shown themselves. And would any of us have really believed gods existed?" They had not been specific in their prayer after all, and coming from a world with no gods it would have sounded like a fantasy not reality.

"You know, I stopped thinking of that experience as wholly awful a long time ago. It started me on my path to being a fuller, bolder person." she said softly, fingers running over the cover of one of the books. "Without Frey, I would still think a happily ever after existed." And it didn't. It never had. Her preconceived notions had stunted her and left her ill prepared for the realities of the world. Frey had opened her eyes, and guided her on the path of personal growth.

The Nightingale glanced at her friend as he mentioned his daughter, smiling a bit. "Feeling protective?" she said with a knowing smile. In his shoes she would feel the same. Frey had not brought him the same joy they had brought her. "If you want, I can talk to her and educate her on how to behave around Frey?" He couldn't stop her from seeking out the god, but perhaps he could make sure she was better prepared than Celosia, him, and her had been.

That's why he had kept the books after all, right?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Yet." Remi corrects with a mischievous tilt of his head; she hadn't moved to a tyrannical place yet. There was time, and given how the Greatwood had been run as of late, it wasn't far off from being a dictatorship.

'Perhaps not, but at least we might have..oh I don't know, run at the sight of Frey? Or more realistically, at least we might not have been so frightened." Frightened of the unknown. Frightened of the things that god had made them want to do to poor Phoebe. 'I think Caido could have taught you that all on its own.' Remi points out with a shrug.

'You can try, maybe she will listen to you. So long as she does not end up pregnant or cursed, I will be happy. I would even settle for just the former."
THE ALCHEMIST
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
Phoebe grinned at his correction. "Well if you're ever feeling particularly tyrannical, maybe run your ideas past your husband and friends first, hm?" she said with a light laugh. Though she doubted he would ever seek her counsel - he had Ronin after all - it was there should ever he need it.

"Perhaps." she said with a slight shrug. "But we'll never know really. Even knowing Frey's nature I was still frightened when I saw them a second time." she admitted. It hadn't been easy going back to the shrine after that instance. But she had because she was grateful Frey stopped things before they went too far. But Frey had not done the same for Remi, not in recent years anyways. She didn't expect his opinion to turn around based on one conversation.

"I'll try and coax her to spend more time with Frey's nature aspect. But you can't blame Frey if she ends up pregnant all on her own." Flora was plenty old enough after all, and there was that sea captain she fancied. Babies happened without Frey's involvement all the time. "But I will talk to her about their other aspect as well and make sure she understands all the potential consequences."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'That beats the point of being a tyrant though.' Remi points out, crinkling his nose and inclining his head to the side.

Folding his arms across his chest, the Lullaby grumbles both appreciatively in response to Phoebe's offer, but with a paternal sort of frustration as well. "I can absolutely blame Frey." He corrects, and not for the first time, he wonders if a herald could actually kill him, given the immortality Ludo had placed upon his soul.

Nodding towards the librarian, Remi lets his arms fall to his sides so that he might give Phoebe a quick hug goodbye. "See that you return everything on time. The Fey are quite fussy about deadlines." So saying, Remi offers the Nightengale a wink before meandering out of the Undercroft.

~FIN
THE ALCHEMIST