window shopping
For Ru
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
 The
Nightingale
After having recently reconnected - and having taken ownership of her old cabin - Phoebe had thought it good to treat Ru to a nice day out. She had been so helpful with her training, she really owed her blonde companion. So she had sent her a letter inviting her for a day of shopping. Frankly, Phoebe could use the retail therapy herself too!

Having arranged a day and time via correspondence, Phoebe arrived promptly to the Bodega. She hadn't spent much time there yet, having brought everything she needed from Torchline, but it seemed quaint and busy. Both good signs.

When Ru finally appeared she smiled and waved her over. "Ru! How are you?" she asked brightly.
little birds sing even after a storm
Code blatantly stolen from Sky
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Hotaru

Truly it had pleased the Valkyrie to hear her cabin had been revitalized, and for the sake of someone she not only knew, but was fond of. Such sentiments were few and far between for Hotaru after all. So when the letter had arrived in Halo, beseeching her return so soon after moving, she’d laughed to herself and readily agreed.

It gives her reason to wear cuter clothes if nothing else.

Phoebe’s brightness is met with an elegant smile and an indulgent hug as soon as they are within reach. “I’m well, my dear. How are you? You look much better, the Greatwood suits you.” Though debris couldn’t cling to her anymore, exhaustion and pain certainly could, and the Nightingale looks much lighter compared to their last meeting.
My baby wants me all of the time
But whenever we're kissing I'm rolling my eyes
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
 The
Nightingale
Phoebe smiled and hugged Ru back, genuinely happy to see her again. She stepped back after a moment, still smiling as Ru spoke. "I'm well. The Greatwood holds much less baggage for me than Torchline." she said, her smile briefly taking on a look of sadness. Her heart still ached, and to think of Torchline and all it held still hurt, but slowly she was rebuilding herself once more.

The Nightingale turned and began to walk along the line of shops of the Bodega, glancing inside here and there to see what was there. Really, this was a day of exploration for her. She had yet to spend much time simply looking around her new home. "Have you visited Frey recently?" Phoebe asked conversationally. She was aware it had been the god's influence that led to her twins after all. But she had a feeling Ru reacted to the god far differently than Remi.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Hotaru

Her sadness is clear, even if it’s ephemeral, and Ru gently touches the backs of her knuckles to Phoebe’s cheek in an almost maternal caress. “You will thrive wherever you’re planted, but I’m glad it is more peaceful for you here.” She hasn’t asked after Phoebe’s trials, feeling it would be presumptuous. If the Nightingale ever desires it, Ru will spare an ear and a shoulder, but she is not the type to pry when the information is not of material value.

As they walk and window shop - for now, Ru knows she’ll find something she wants eventually - the Valkyrie isn’t surprised when the topic turns to Frey. “I tried recently, though I only found a rather malevolent spirit. I intended to return, but with war so close I am sure they’re busy; though I miss them, as much as one can.” After the war she will surely be back at that shrine once more, but she feels self-sufficient enough to face the war without one more item or ability.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
 The
Nightingale
Frankly, Phoebe needed a shoulder and compassionate ear when it came to her break from Harper. And as Ru touched her cheek, she felt she could open up to her more. "Well, it was here or Stormbreak, and Harper and I used to live together there too. It's where our son was conceived and born." she said, glancing down at the ground briefly. "So. Here I am. Away from all of it.: she said, looking back up with a forced smile.

Phoebe listened, eyes on shop windows, as Ru recounted her most recent attempt to commune with Frey. It was a shame she had been so slighted, but Frey likely was busy, whether they liked it or not, preparing for the war. "You must still favor them even after what happened with Remi if you miss them." she guessed with a small smile.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

There is more of a story there, she can hear it. Assumptions to be made, lines drawn, and Hotaru softens in a way even Phoebe is sure to have never seen at the story. "Motherhood is hard, alone. But you're not alone in the ways that matter, please remember that. If you have need of me - for a single night, or a week, or a task - I am only a letter away." She knows the councilman is still in Torchline, but has no idea what the two have decided on in terms of custody of Jude. If Phoebe ever needs a friend, a fellow mother, to tend to Jude while she takes time to herself? The Valkyrie will be there.

Long fingers play with a hanging bit of beaded glass on a small outdoor jeweler's shop, and can't help a small laugh at Phoebe's question. It makes sense, given Remi's dislike for Frey, that Phoebe would worry the same of Hotaru. "Oh, of course. I am loyal to Frey and Frey only. They have done much for me, and I have never felt so attuned to a herald's domain before." Here she snickers slightly at the unintentional play on words. "Which makes sense, as I have Attuned with them." A rather momentous thing, given her Abandoned origins, and she's sure Phoebe will know that.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
 The
Nightingale
Phoebe managed a small smile. It was comforting, knowing there was another who could commiserate with her. And her offer was well received. "Thank you, Ru. I just...wish things were different." she said with a sad sigh. But knowing she had a friend willing to help her in ways Harper had with Maeve meant a lot to her.

But her smile became more genuine as Ru spoke of Frey and her love for them. It was a welcome if unexpected response from someone close to her. At her play on words Phoebe even managed a laugh. "You've worked hard to develop a relationship with them then, and I commend you for that." Frey required a person to put forth effort to become close to them, as the god was just as pleased to remain surface level with devotees. But Phoebe knew all too well how rewarding a closer bond could be.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

A soft hum of understanding leaves her as her hand falls from Phoebe's face. "I know, love. But all we can do is move forward. Besides, we can be single moms together - do more things like this!" It's a hollow consolation, but Hotaru certainly wouldn't turn down any future shopping trips or girls days.

At least Frey is a topic that can inspire a more genuine smile from the younger woman, and Ru is happy to expound on her relationship with the herald anyway. "Thank you," she demurs gracefully, stopping for a brief moment to purchase the beaded glass that had caught her eye before continuing down the pathway, picking the topic back up. "It makes it easier for those more sex-shy to have them be split into two, but I've always preferred their sexual form personally. Where I came from, our Gods were wonderful, but there was no focus on reproduction or sexual desire or self-indulgence. The moment I heard of Frey I knew I'd love them - and once I met them, it was like the missing piece was finally in place." And she had never turned back since, never once wavered in her loyalties.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
 The
Nightingale
Phoebe looked through a few baubles as Ru made her purchase. Her company was certainly a nice distraction, but the Nightingale was not so inclined to purchase. At least not at this shop. Or at all. Her mood had fallen slightly and she had never been one to find therapeutic value in shopping. But Ru seemed to enjoy it and that was enough for her. She was a good friend and she was happy to see her enjoyment. "That sounds like a great plan to me." she said with a small smile.

Ru certainly did have a tangible opinion of Frey and Phoebe found it even more refreshing that it was Frey's sexual aspect she enjoyed most. She managed to speak of them without devolving into orgasms and debauchery. "I like both equally. Though their nature half has been easier to cope with as of late." Seeing Frey take Harper's form was painful to say the least. "But Frey also helped me feel and become a more whole person. I was quite the vanilla prude when I first met them." she said with a light laugh.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

Sensing perhaps the lack of interest in shopping at the given moment, Ru tucks away her purchase and touches Phoebe's elbow gently as she returns to her side, smiling. "Next time, you should bring your son to Halo and use my spa. I can clear a day so that it's just the three of us, hm?" Phoebe clearly needs the relaxation, though Ru wonders with no small degree of amusement if the demigod would be able to utilize the mud bath at all given her magic. Not to worry, there would be plenty for the Nightingale to enjoy even if she could not.

An understanding moue passes over the Valkyrie's face at the admission, but she doesn't call attention to it. In the wake of her separation from Nate and Sunjata, Hotaru had experienced much of the same issue. It still hurts, but Hotaru has never held such steadfast, headstrong ties to love as Phoebe. Much as she wants it, she has never managed to delude herself into thinking she, of all people, would ever get it. "I was certainly not, so clearly all types can find their way to Frey," she laughs brightly. Hotaru has always been incredibly sexually expressive, it was what had drawn her to Frey in the first place. "Ooh, look Phoebe, they have a dessert cart over there. Come with me dear," she commands primly, and takes Phoebe's hand in hers to usher her along without waiting for an objection, smiling all the while.

- Fin!