Random Event scarlet

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
we shall all burn together
This mountain is still roaring. And it is a red, red roar today.

Quite what has caused the magnificent waterfall in the Climb to run crimson is a mystery, but word has reached far enough now that people are beginning to gather.

No one dares approach the water itself - not with the rumours of a leviathan living in it from a couple of years back - but there are clustered groups and pilgrims from all over, even with the suffocating heat.

Is this a strange, natural phenomenon like that of the Crimson Cataract in the Greatwood? Or could it be something else?

Whatever the reason, it is certainly a sight to behold.

Welcome to this Random Event! Please post your characters arriving within 48 hours to receive credit for attending.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
There was too damn much to do these days, and not nearly enough time, but the Climb was close enough to be practically next door and Tal honestly needed the distraction.

And the inspiration. He was still trying to figure out how to say what needed to be said before the War and he was achingly aware of how swiftly it was approaching.

For now, though, he made the trek on dogsled and on foot through the Fangs, and then across the burning Crust. He'd been this way before with Sah and his feet carried him through the Burrows once more to the waterfall's cavern. Boreal trotted beside him, the big companionn looking around with bright-eyed curiosity at all of those who had already gathered.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081

please just don't forget me

Ronin is already at the Climb, conveniently enough. Not at the Mountain's Roar, though. No, he and Remi have been taking some desperately needed r&r (heh, get it) down at Frey's Breath. But, you know, it's kind of difficult to relax - among other things - in the steamy heat of the hotsprings when there's a ruckus going on, and the sound of dozens of footsteps continually spoil the moment.

When the Huntsman does arrive, it's with naught but a towel around his waist and his fingers linked with his husband's, Ronin swiping his wet hair back from his face to raise his eyebrows up at the crimson falls. "...If anything comes out of there, I'm not dealing with it," he says, just in case it needs to be stated outright.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
i kept falling over, i kept looking backward
“I am going to hate this already, I can tell.” Remi murmurs as the pair pads barefoot towards the Roar. Dressed in a single article of clothing just as Ronin is, there’s already a line growing deeper and deeper between Remi’s eyes as he takes in the scarlet colour of the fall. “Maybe the lichen from the Cataract has found its way here.” He suggests under his breath, not sounding as though he genuinely believed that was the case.

Giving Ronin’s hand a single squeeze, Remi bites at the inside of his cheek. Do you suppose this could be a relic? He wonders silently, raising an eyebrow in his husband’s direction.
i went broke believing that the simple should be hard

Table inspo from kae!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Online
Change author:
MP: 2895
Sah

Sah had been out on a hunt when the rumors had reached him. Still, the sight of the water running red was concerning. Lilly circled a few feet from the edge, sniffing the air with equal parts curiosity and caution. Meanwhile, the Abandoned nodded at those that he knew as he listened to the two demigods debate the event.

"Has anyone checked the top? Or the entrance from the spring? Maybe something large was killed there." That would be a simple explanation, but Sah doubted that they were that lucky. If it was red with blood, the amount needed hinted at quite a kill. Which hinted at an even larger, more dangerous predator.
I think there for I am,
But what if all I do is bleed?
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Evie
There are quite a lot of Halovians already gathered, which doesn’t surprise Evie given how close they are to the Climb, but the brackish crimson of the water takes far more precedence in her mind compared to the mass of humans gathered around it. Frowning contemplatively, she stands with arms crossed and lips downturned, standing alone but ready as she watches the water darken.

Sah is a familiar face, and his question a fair one, so Evie wanders a little closer as she shakes her head slightly. “I don’t think anyone has checked yet. Maybe an Attuned can?” She doesn’t have the ability to, and she’d never send a companion to do the task, but she wonders if the Thunder is correct. If not, it’s still a worthy effort. Turning her eyes to Deimos, she frowns a little harder, concerned. Nothing this big is ever without risk, and there are so many innocents gathered…
I'll be with you each and every night
Chasing that horizon in your eyes
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
Deimos had a level of familiarity with the current location that set his shoulders in a taut, straight, rigid line. Leviathans, flowers, and sicknesses had embroiled themselves together into a woven web of plots and schemes, and now, the notions of a bloody waterfall, not unlike the Crimson Cataract, had his brows furrowed in study and perusal. He nodded towards those he recognized, pondering if there was going to be some sort of trial or tribulation based on those already gathered, or the suspicions inkling on.

“The Greatwood has something similar,” he mentioned in passing to Sah, angling a shrug towards Evie nearby. “Caused by the lichen.” But that didn’t mean there weren’t other potentials lurking elsewhere. "There was a leviathan here, years before, as well."
under the bludgeonings of chance
my head is bloody, but unbowed
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Change author:
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
I am the wind that makes breathing hard
Melita was bizarrely accustomed to strange circumstances; though this one seemed familiar in its crimson prowess – just not where it was supposed to be. She and her companions joined the crowd of onlookers, peeling her way over to the side to glance around, casually sniff at things nearby. Her eyes flickered up towards the falls themselves, and then along edges and boundaries, listening to the murmurs and ponderings from others. She’d dove amongst the Crimson Cataract on numerous occasions, snagging and picking at stones, but this seemed…uncertain.

With no answers, and simply curiosity with an inkling of trepidation resting in her chest, the Honeybee waited for something to occur.
I am the ocean and the battered shore
I will be the passion of thunder, a howl of fury
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Change author:
Lena
hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
Despite rumors, stories, and legends surrounding the Climb, Lena had yet to frequent it. Too busy a majority of the time, she’d listened to the tales of leviathans and Tanau with increasing curiosity, and when the rumors eventually reached her ears, there was little she could do but meander there herself.

Quite a few had beat her to it, what with the many paths traversed, traveled, and she’d spent several moments wandering in circles along the heat until she’d followed the sound of voices. Her gaze arched along the crash and roar of the falls, suspiciously red, fingers already winding themselves together in the slight curl of apprehension.
and sings the tune without the words
and never stops at all
Lisbeth Elliea
Soldier

Age: 20 | Height: 4'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 2 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 6 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Terra Omen Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lisbeth arrived at the Climb not expecting anyone else to be in the area. She had journeyed this far because of her quest from Frey, to collect ash from the Climb. But when she saw the gathered crowd an unexpected commotion, she had to take a slight detour, though she would complete the task of her quest in another thread as soon as she was done here.

It certainly was an odd assortment. Various people in all styles of dress, including...two men in towels. (Naturally, she would never recognize the leader of Stormbreak mostly naked like that!) She turned her head, not wanting to see what happened if the wind caught one of those towels.

She pushed her way gently through the crowd, unable to see over anyone's shoulders. She accidentally bumped into Sah along the way. She looked up, about to offer an apology, until she saw who it was. When she realized it was him, she turned away, raising her chin with a "Hmmph!"

She continued moving forward until she was at the front of the crowd. She listened to all of the comments being made by the gathered folk. No one seemed to have a clear idea what was going on, and no one seemed organized in any way.

The soldier in her immediately took over. She stood in front of everyone and turned to address the crowd in a bold, yet small voice. "Don't worry, everyone. This matter will be investigated immediately. I need volunteers to climb--or fly--to the top and see if the source of this mystery can be spotted. Who will help with this task?"

She had absolutely zero authority here, but she hoped that if someone at least stepped up to try to call people to action, then the people might respond.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Why was Phoebe in the Climb? Practicing her teleportion that's why! She had hop, hop, hopped her way right through the world from land to land until she happened on a large crowd. How strange. This wasn't the sort of place she expected to find this large of a crowd.

Making her way through it to see what was going on, she heard a familiar voice call over the hushed murmurs of the crowd. She stopped near Remi and Ronin, caring not that they were in naught but towels, and peered over a few heads to see just who was talking. Lisbeth? "Aren't you supposed to be in charge of her?" Phoebe commented to Ronin, squinting at the crimson water just beyond the young archer.
and then there's me, always waiting for you
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Morana Elliea
Mercenary

Age: 20 | Height: 4'10" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Chandra Offline
Change author:
MP: 15
Morana followed her identical twin sister through the crowd. They were supposed to be here collecting volcanic ash for Lisbeth's god quest that she was SO excited about. So why were they stopping.

She looked up at the waterfall. "Oh. Blood. Right."

She tried not to snicker when Lisbeth acted like she was in charge. It was cute.

She figured she could "help" the situation.

"I volunteer the two guys in towels to go up there!"

Her sister gave her a shocked and confused look.

Morana shrugged. "What? Anyone who would wander around a volcano in nothing but a towel is either crazy, fearless, or really really powerful. They're the perfect candidates!"

She waved at the two naked men to come over.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve wasn't typically one who ventured towards the Climb. It was much too hot for her liking, but when she had heard whisperings of a red waterfall, the Nightshade had of course spoken to Harper about going with her. It wasn't surprising that there was already a small crowd. Word had a way of travelling in Caido. Wrinkling her nose as she slows her steps, scanning the crowd that had gathered, arching a dark brow when someone who clearly knew fuck all tried to take charge. She has to bite back a laugh when another, seemingly her sister, tries to volunteer Remi and Ronin for the job.

Clearly she doesn't know who she's talking to... Maeve murmurs into Harper's mind, crossing her arms over her chest as she cocks her head to the side. If anything, this would be entertaining. Let's just stay back for now.
And I was catching my breath
Staring out an open window
catching my death
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Noah moved along the climb on a mission to collect items for an engagement present for Cordelia. The ice turned to magma and, eventually, the trail of people caught his attention. Jaw feathering, Noah followed and ended up standing beside Deimos looking at the red water crashing down. You think the leviathan will be drawn out by all this commotion? he wondered to the Sword, crossing his arms over his chest. He recognized the small warrior from Stormbreak, but her commands and motions made Noah give Ronin a sideways glance and a lifted brow. If so…I wonder if it will go for her first. She had been this tenacious during their training session, though this tenacity might be riding the edge of pride.
Noah
hope is a fire to keep us warm