ivory canvases
for Cordelia
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
The sound of iron shots is stuck in my head
The thunder of the drums dictates
Between reinforcing Citadel walls, tending to guild business, training his fellow warriors, and implementing segments for the skyport, there’d been little time for him to simply sit down in his office. Preparations for war loomed and had become almost the driving force behind each and every notion, and the layers of sketches and designs across his desk mirrored and reflected it; neat and uniform outlines of trebuchets and ballistas, right down to the segments of quivers for newly enhanced crossbows.

Given the minute amount of time, he snagged at the pendant Safrin had made for him, pondering on the lengths in which he could improve it. Even then, he sketched out a few notes on the side of a paper, while Zuriel and Belial stretched out before the hearth; comforted for the fact that they weren’t moving at a rapid pace anywhere.
The rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
The rising of the horns, ahead
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Cordelia

There were a multitude of reasons for the Shrike to seek out the Sword. Aside from the war and all of the preparations it required there was the news of her recent engagement as well as her conversation with Tal. Of course Tal hadn’t told her it was specifically Deimos, but it was easy to put the pieces together herself. Gently tapping on the door with her knuckles, she waits for him to respond before she pushes open the door, peeking around the side with a raised brow. ”Deimos, do you have a moment?” She asks, knowing she’s caught him in the middle of some kind of work, but needing to speak with him all the same.

Moving inside, she takes a seat across from him, ”I’m sure Noah has spoken with you already, but I wanted to share the news with you myself.” Taking a moment to pause, the Shrike can’t keep the small smile from forming on her lips. ”He’s asked me to be his wife. We’re waiting.. until things settle, but we plan to have a ceremony once it’s all done.”
All the king's horses, all the king's men
Couldn't put me together again
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
Within half a moment, the incantations stirred and twisted, revolving in a gilded glow around the pendant. Eyes narrowed, concentration honed, he likely didn’t hear the rapping of knuckles on the door until the item had been completed – upgraded, given more power, more absolution, more possibilities of catching lies before sanctimonious tongues even attempted to dissuade him.

So Cordelia’s appearance amidst offices and permitted entrances was a pleasant surprise. Rising from his desk and allowing her in, he snorted briefly at the segments of her statement. “Maybe,” mildly cheeky – he hadn’t seen the Shrike in some time to chat or make any jocular semblances. They’d been busy with so many other projects and defenses, that by the time he’d reached his seat again, the bit of news caused his eyes to widen.

And then the Cheshire, juvenile grin to unfurl. “He had not,” but considering their adventures had been fighting frost giants, restructuring Citadel walls, and making skyports, there hadn’t been much time to configure in engagement announcements. “But congratulations just the same. I am surprised it did not happen sooner.” With an air of mischief, he snagged at the pendant again, twisting it around in his fingers, tempted to continue teasing. “That sounds like something to look forward to. An after.”

--

Deimos has upgraded:

Type: Grey | Style: Other | Level: Upgraded
Truth Pendant | Will pulse with warmth when a lie is spoken within 5ft. Can reliably pick out uttered falsehoods, even if multiple statements are spoken.
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Cordelia

His teasing response is met with a wrinkled nose and a pointed glare that quickly dissipates into a smile as she slips inside, "Well too late. I'm already here." The Shrike quips back, following him towards the desk and taking a seat across from him. Her own brow rises as he mentions that Noah had yet to speak to him about it, but in all honesty, Cordelia wasn't surprised. Noah had a full plate. It made sense that he didn't have a chance to speak with Deimos. Not when they were busy focusing on other tasks while together.

Huffing out a laugh, Cordelia shrugs her shoulders lightly, "Believe it or not it took some convincing. He was worried." About the war. About leaving her a widow should he not come back. Deimos won't have to pry to pick that up, the thoughts easily accessible on the surface of her mind, filtering along the bond. A hum slips past her lips and she nods in response, "The idea is a nice one. Something to hold on to." The idea of an after. What laid beyond the war. Something for them to look forward to. They needed it lest they fall into the darkness of it all.

"I wanted to ask you for a favor..." For something that would ensure that there would be an after for her, too. She knew that Deimos was going with Noah. That their fight wasn't in Halo and as such the defense of it relied on her as well as a few others. "I went to Frey in hopes of receiving a quest for a weapon, but they weren't entirely interested in helping. They instead wanted me to win their favor by completing tasks with Sunjata." The Shrike knew that merely mentioning the name would be enough for him to put the pieces together for how exactly that went for her. "Needless to say... I didn't get the quest." She sighs, shaking her head as she leans back slightly in the chair, crossing her legs lightly.

"I have my bow, but it is simply a bow. With you and Noah being gone from Halo, I want to be sure that I actually have the means to protect our home. I hate to ask.." Because she knew just how many people used him for this very thing, thinking that they would easily get something for their own personal gain. "But if you would be willing to infuse my bow with magic, I would be beyond grateful."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
It was with quiet relief that his figure settled, content to mull and muse about with a friend, either amidst gossip or congratulatory whims, even if it hovered just on the edge of boundaries neither likely craved to cross. Noah being worried didn’t seem like a usual sentiment, but given what loomed on the horizon for many of them, he comprehended the emotions. The apprehension stuck fast to his own ribs too, for a multitude of reasons. “Understandable.” And he put it in the back of his mind as another rationale for ensuring the Sentinel made it back in one piece – other, greater, grander things in store. “Let me know if you need anything.” He couldn’t quite help the glimmer of a snicker; some schemes already worn into his mind simply way by of debauched tradition.

His head tilted at the notions of a favor, but considering how often he committed those things for everyone around him, he drew silent, listening. Deimos didn’t expect Sunjata’s name to come across her lips, but the instant drew a furrowed brow, a semblance of belligerence lurking under the surface. “You were likely better off.” And while his speech could have easily spun into a litany of inducements to the claim, he snagged at the other whims instead – for Cordelia, much like Evie, Sah, and the rest, would be here to defend their home.

A roll of his shoulders justified the response. “It is fine. You can ask. We can call it an engagement gift.” His nose wrinkled with another small smile, weighing out options. “Do you want any magic in particular?”
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

Even with the worries aired between them, it didn't stop a smile from curling on her lips as she noticed the familiar flicker of mischief in his eyes, knowing that Deimos was likely already scheming about ways to help celebrate their nuptials. "I will. Just... Keep him safe for me, Deimos." She knows he would. Deimos hadn't once abandoned them. Always a constant and steady protector for those around him. A sword ready to strike down any who dared cross the path of those he cared about. She was grateful for him and that silent gratitude could be felt along their shared tethers.

That was something they could both agree on. Recalling how uneasy she'd been around him. The way he had stirred thoughts of Noah, carrying her partner's scent despite not being the Sentinel himself, making her shift with unease like prey stalked by a predator. A scoff of sorts leaves her, "I gathered that pretty quickly myself." The Shrike mutters, leaving it at that and instead voicing her request.

It being an engagement gift assuaged the guilt she felt for even asking, thankful that he was willing to help her nonetheless and she feels the tension leave her like the slow melting of ice before a fire. Considering his question, her lips purse in thought, weighing the options, "Perhaps one of the elements? Maybe lightning or fire?" Most things in Halo were resistant to the cold. It made little sense to let that be the focus of her weapon. Offering him the weapon in question, the Shrike straightens, leaning forward in her seat, "If we can use this one I'd like that. It was a gift from my father." A common practice among the people of Halo and hunters alike.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Deimos gave her a solitary nod; the intent having been there long before. The Sentinel and Sword had been mutual in their exchanges of safety and shelter; Noah the first, from the times of sickness, until they seemed to balance out the scales. A flicker of a smile rested in between the unsaid sentiments. “And you keep Halo safe for us,” he winked, but meant it just the same.

He could’ve said more on Sunjata, but preferred not tainting the entire evening with that oaf’s presence – besides, he always had ready made targets of the idiot if Cordelia wanted to fire a few rounds into his face – tilting his head to listen to her request. “Fire is always potent,” and one of his favorite elements for that very reason. His eyes went towards the bow offered and extended, and based on her words, held it with a quiet reverence. “All right, give me a moment.”

Focus layered amidst his brows, concentration honing in on the gilded incantations and enchantments beginning to pool through his palms. They never resisted, but rested, firmly and strongly, along the enamel of precious wood, spilling forth in great waves and curtains; flames embedded, measured through, until the time she snapped the strand, an arrow would ignite, filling the void with more power, more prestige, more prowess.

And then he unfurled a breath, and handed it back to her. “Will that be enough?”

--

Deimos has created:

Fire Bow: A wooden bow, upon the release of its string, that can ignite any arrows placed on its strand.
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

Cordelia nods in response to his own words, knowing there was more to that request than was said, "I will. Promise." She'd die trying. The Shrike makes a silent note to herself to seek Evie out once Deimos leaves. They'd both need the support.

Passing her bow over to the Sword, she watches in quiet awe as he imbues it with his magic, always amazed by his ability to do so. Only when he's done and offering the bow back does she take it, feeling the power in her palm as it courses through the wood, drawing in a breath as she nods. "Yes. It's perfect. Thank you, Deimos." Drawing herself up to standing, the Shrike meets his gaze, "I need to get back. Noah should be home soon." The need to make the most of their time together didn't need to be voiced as she knew he felt the same about Evie.

Pausing for a moment, the Shrike eventually moves around the desk, crossing a line that many wouldn't dare as she wraps her arms around him in a fierce hug. "Make it back safely, Dei." She murmurs, giving him a final squeeze before she pulls back, slipping out the way that she came once more.

~FIN <3~