Training Oops I did it again
For Maeve
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
My dear, we're slow dancing in a burning room
"Or made for you by one of the gods, but we'll worry about that later. This one will be good to start with." Maeve explains, getting into position to release her star towards the target, nodding in satisfaction when it strikes true. Edmund steps up again for his second shot and she beams when it sinks in only a few inches over from the first arrow. "Très bien!" The Nightshade exclaims, clapping in excitement for her son's natural talent, "I should have known you'd have a knack for this."

Maeve playfully bumps her hip against her son's, grinning down at him, "Let's try something a little more difficult, hm?" She lets out a whistle, calling Aidon down from his perch above the training grounds. The large dragon swoops down, familiar with the task laid out before him by his bonded, grabbing the back bar of one of the discarded targets and slowly crossing in front of them. "It's easy to hit things that aren't moving, but in the real world things won't stay still for you."

She slips back into her form, allowing him to watch her movements as she tracks the target, torso swiveling as her bow remains steady before finally releasing the arrow. It transforms as soon as it leaves her grasp, hitting the target's bullseye. Aidon doesn't even flinch, only pausing for a moment before he continues forward again, waiting for the prince's own arrow to come his way.
Maeve
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 19 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3000
EDMUND

Edmund lowered his bow as he let out a small giggle, "Thank you, mummy! You're a great teacher." The warmth in his chest expanded at her praise, fiery joy spreading through him. Seeing his mum so happy was almost as fulfilling as discovering his clear aptitude for the bow.

With another giggle, Edmund waved at Aidon as the dragon swooped down. After watching his mum's next demonstration, the prince raised his bow. Taking a second to adjust his form, he let the arrow fly. Much to his delight, it flew true. The arrow pierced the target just a few inches shy of the bullseye. "I did it!"
I never realized how beautiful
Fires burn under the stars
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
My dear, we're slow dancing in a burning room
She was only a great teacher because she herself was taught by one. Still, the Nightshade smiles at her son, letting his admiration warm her from the inside out, ”And you’re a good student.” She replies smoothly, giving him a wink as Aidon begins his slow trail in front of them. Edmund’s aim is true and he sinks this arrow into the target just as easily as all of the others. ”Well then. Guess we’re going to have to make it even more challenging, hm?” At that her companion takes off into the air, circling them like a vulture as he keeps the target clutched in his mouth.

Maeve draws another arrow back, releasing it after she tracks his movements, aiming slightly ahead of him so it makes contact right as he swoops by. ”One last shot then we’ll go get some things for dinner.”
Maeve
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 19 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3000
EDMUND

Edmund nodded, eyes tracking Aidon as he flew. But despite his natural aptitude, the young teen was still brand new to archery, this being his first time even holding a bow. As such, it was to be expected that some things needed more practice. Such as tracking a target moving at such speed.

Despite his form being just fine, Edmund's arrow missed the target. It sailed harmlessly passed the dragon and lodged in a tree behind him. "Aw, darn." The teen let out a small 'hmph' and glanced back at his mum with a shrug. "I guess I'll start with that one next time we practice?" He paused, "Can we practice like this again? Please, mummy?"

His mum of course agreed. And after cleaning up the weapons and training grounds, the two headed home for dinner. Of course, after Edmund thanked his mum for taking the time to train him.

-{FIN}
I never realized how beautiful
Fires burn under the stars