Uncertain Times
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
Sah

Sah's expression turned into one of concern as Tal spoke, "I had no idea it was that severe. Your notice wasn't that detailed." The notice had been more humorous then daunting. Walking over, he put a firm hand on Tal's shoulder, eyes narrowing in concern, "Are you ok?" Physically the courier was fine, that was apparent. Any injures appeared to have healed. But it was clear from the courier's tone and body language that the events had shaken him.

The mention of the eye being well, not eye-ish caught his attention. "That is weird." Stepping back, Sah hummed in thought, a few possibilities coming to mind. "If it weren't for the fire, I'd say it might've been something voice-made. Given the stone and odd eye. But if not...maybe the eye is a relic?"

Sah's eyes returned to Tal's, "Has anyone gone after it again?"
I think there for I am,
But what if all I do is bleed?
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
"Didn't really know what else to say aside from 'Stay Out of the Rose Garden'," the courier admitted with a grimace. "I--" He hadn't really been looking at Sah until the hand landed on his shoulder and he blinked in surprise. The inquiry was... well, not as unexpected as it used to be, and he exhaled slowly and gave a slow shrug. "I prayed to Safrin right after an' she Healed me," he admitted. "I wasn't... doin' real well by the time I got out. At least I lived, though. Seein' that girl die so quick an' messy..." He shook his head, scowl returning. "Brought back some bad old memories. An' not bein' able t'do anythin' about it... fuckin' sucked." He reached up to rub the back of his neck until he realized Sah's hand was still on his shoulder and he shot the hunter a look with brows raised questioningly.

"Careful, I might start to think you care," he teased weakly, but appreciating the gesture nonetheless.

When Sah stepped back Tal relaxed a little again, letting his hand fall back to his side, fingers tapping a silent rhythm against his leg. "Nah, nothin' Ascended about it," he pointed out. "An' it might not have been 'stone' but... I'm not really sure how else t'describe it. Like nothin' I've seen before." He met the hunter's eyes squarely and gave a slow nod. "Relic, maybe. I dunno much about the others, but they've had some big fuckin' guardians before, right? It kinda fits. Dunno if anyone else has gone after it, though. Everyone's been so busy gettin' ready for the War..." As they had been doing, too.

"But, hail, maybe afterwards, once we finish pickin' up the pieces, I can lead us back," he offered. "If it hasn't found it's eye yet, maybe my Goggles can see where it landed." By now the monster certainly had its eye back, but hope springs eternal.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah

Sah would have laughed at Tal's explanation if the courier's demeanor wasn't so concerning. Still, he found his lips morphing into a mischievous grin at the question. "Aww Talyson, don't sound so hopeful." His grin turned diabolical as the hand that had previously been on the courier's shoulder reached out again to roughly ruffle his hair before shoving him gently backwards. "You must have hit your head running from the beastie."

Slipping into teasing seemed like the best course of action for them both. To pull Tal from his memories and to distract them both from the prior events of the day. Sah carried on their conversation about relics without missing a beat, blatantly ignoring what he'd just done to Tal.

Sah gave a slight shrug, "Sounds like it very well may be a relic. They've all had some overpowered guardian or obstacle that people had to get through. It might be worth checking out later when things calm down." He shot a glance over and smirked at Tal's still ruffled appearance.
I think there for I am,
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Dammit Sah, they were almost having a moment! The scowl was already falling back into place at the mischief in the hunter's grin even before he reached out to ruffle Tal's hair and it was the courier's turn to swat at his f---ellow Halovian. "Least I have an excuse if y'think I'm bein' soft-headed right now," he scoffed. "What's yours, Jester?"

He reached up to smooth his hair back with all of the offended dignity of a cat (it didn't have much effect; his hair was usually wind-tussled and scruffy) and added, loftily. "I guess I could let you come with me if you insist. I kind of owe you for helpin' with my quests, so it's only fair." He slanted Sah a sly glance and failed to hold back a wicked grin. "Would've said 'thanks' for it, but I don't want you touchin' my hair again."
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Oh, they very nearly had had a moment. Sah had actually considered hugging Tal for a second there. Hugging. Him. Tal. That was just plain wrong. Maybe he'd overcompensated a little too much with the jibe. As such, at the question he softened it a little. While also adding another of course.

The hunter winked, still grinning villainously, "If you don't know, I'm not telling you." Like hell he was admitting that he was actually worried and that despite everything, did care. Especially not with how Tal had responded to it.  Against his will, the Abandoned become fond of the courier. Somewhat. Enough to wish him well at least.

Sah couldn't resist letting out a snort of laughter at Tal's failed attempts to fix his hair. "Sure. I'll come along." After the mess the day had been so far, the Abandoned wasn't sure why he was in such a playful mood, but he just went with it. Tal's wicked grin brought a matching one to his face. "Dissatisfied? I could just hug you if you prefer." It was very nearly a taunt, a dare.

A hug out of concern and want to comfort was one thing. But a bearhug to purposefully fluster the courier was another. And one that Sah would absolutely do.
I think there for I am,
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
Tal squinted at Sah in mock-suspicion at his unwillingness to 'tell' but it only lasted a moment before his grin quirked up in triumph. It was a point to him if the hunter had to be that vague, right? Either way, he was taking it as having won the round, and he looked entirely too satisfied with himself.

It was... not the worst thing, really, to have Sah worried about him. Annoying as hail, sure, but they'd been through enough that he could accept it without too much protest.

He just couldn't let Sah know that.

Patting his hair smugly back into place it promptly slide sideways again as soon as his hand was off the wayward tress, he blinked in surprise at the sudden offer of a hug. His nose wrinkled as he took a few seconds to process that he'd heard the hunter correctly and then a look of dawning horror came over his face. "Oh no, don't you dare!" He glared warningly at the other man and took a half-step away from him. "I didn't bring enough soap to scrub that off!" And he gestured to Sah's whole... all of him.

Sure, they'd just seen a dead body pulled out of the Roar, but sometimes a distraction and a reminder that they were still alive while that poor lady wasn't was what they needed to cope.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah had been mostly joking about the hug, but Tal's reaction? That made it far too tempting. Sharing a quick glance with Lilly, the two bonded quickly shared a plan, their bond filling with mischief. With a quick nudge to Boreal's side, Lilly asked for her friends help. Regardless of Boreal's response, the plan started.

Lilly snuck around the edge of the cavern, moving to corner Tal. At the same time, Sah began to take lazy steps towards the courier, "No? But you seemed so disappointed?"] Despite the forlorn tone, the Abandoned couldn't stop the feral grin on his face. Soon both Sah and Lilly were in position.

With a quick smirk, Sah lunged while Lilly pushed the back of Tal's legs. The Abandoned attempted to lift the courier off his feet into a bear hug and give him a brief, tight squeeze. "Better?" He'd ask if he succeeded, the words drawn out almost lyrically.
I think there for I am,
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
Boreal hesitated at the nudge, her attention still on guarding the entrance to the shrine, but the young males had shaken off their earlier sadness and were playing again and she whuffed softly in curiosity and followed her furry friend.

Tal, meanwhile, was watching Sah warily. The hunter wasn't exactly being subtle in his mischief, and Tal took a step back for every one the other man took towards him. "No hugs!" he repeated with a scowl as he glanced left and right, checking his options for retreat. "Go hug Boreal if y'really need--HEY!" Tal tried to dodge the incoming lunge but Lilly was behind him and Boreal had drifted to a halt nearby, watching them with a slow wag of her scaly tail over the stone floor.

Before he quite knew what was happening, his feet were off the floor and Sah's arms were around him and the courier let out an enraged yelp. "Ew, no, Boreal help!"

And the dragon did. With a joyful rumble she jumped over Lilly and hit Tal's back with her broad foreclaws, adding her weight to his and quite possible knocking both men back into the floor.

With her on top of course. She loved this game!
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

"Too late!" Sah cackled at Tal's reaction. It was just as good he expected. Absolutely worth the effort and personal discomfort. He'd have to tease the courier about that yelp later. He had no idea that Tal's voice could go so high. It was kind of impressive.

But the Abandoned had only scarce time to internally guilt. Lilly warned him through the bond, but there still wasn't enough time for him to react before Boreal pounced. And once more, Sah found himself forced into an unwilling pile. Because of course Lilly leapt after her friend, standing on the dragon's back and sending waves of victory, joy, and mischief through her bond with Sah.

Meanwhile the air was pushed out of the Abandoned's lungs, and he was counting his lucky stars that he'd pulled his arms away before Boreal fully impacted. If his arms had been pinned between the courier and the companions, Sah was quite sure something would have broken. As it was, Sah simply laid on the ground spread eagle, a likely still prickly courier on top of him, and far too much weight bearing down from a dragon and a wolf.

"Wrong... kind of help..." Sah coughed out, letting out a pained hiss.
I think there for I am,
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
Boreal spread her wings for balance as Lilly's paws scrabble for purchase against her scales, and the four of them would surely have looked extremely odd - and perhaps more than a little crazed - to anyone passing by. There would have been questions if they'd been seen in such a state (or at least silent judgment and a hurried retreat), but thankfully for the pride of all involved (re: the humans) the tunnel outside of the Cathedral remained empty for the moment.

Tal couldn't even try to help break their fall, wrapped in Sah's arms as he had been. Even while the hunter had let him go there wasn't time to reposition himself in any significant way before he landed on top of the other man and two sizeable companions landed on top of him. Still, he braced as best he could and as soon as the dust had settled around them he got his elbows out to either side of Sah's ribs and tried to lever himself up a few inches to give the jerk a break.

"This is all your fault," he grumbled, trying to shake himself and dislodge the dragon who had closed gentle talons over his shoulders to steady herself. She just chortled at the 'ride' and steadied herself and Lilly with her wings as Tal grunted and tried to push himself up a little further. "I know y'can't keep your hands off me, but you're not my type, Jester!" Even if he was flushed and scowling as he said it.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Lilly happily settled on Boreal's back, sitting down and wagging with satisfaction. She basked in her victory at the top of the tower and also gained amusement form the annoyance and embarrassment coming from her bonded. Sometimes it was nice to see her proud bonded humbled a bit.

It was an odd parallel of the last occurrence of this mess to see Tal try and take some of the weight off of him. Sah appreciated it as he felt his lungs manage to expand once more. He was about to tell Lilly to get up when Tal opened his mouth. Scowling with annoyance the Abandoned parried, "Says the guy currently pinning me. Hate to break it to you Errand Boy, but you're not my type either."

Sending a nudge to Lilly through the bond had the wolf gracefully jumping down and coming over to lick Sah's face, much to his fond annoyance. "Thanks, pup. Could you get your scaly friend off of us now, please?"
I think there for I am,
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
"Glad t'hear it!" Tal retorted with a scowl, then shifted a little higher as a wolf's worth of weight suddenly lifted away. He drew in a deeper breath at the sudden easing of strain on his arms. Not so long ago - less than a year, really - he would have struggled push himself anywhere with Boreal's bulk pinning him down. Times had changed, though, and he gathered his strength as the dragon leaned down to lick his ear even as Lilly helpfully washed Sah's face.

"Count of three, girl," he warned the dragon. "One... two... thr--" Before he could make good on his implied threat to push himself up from beneath her, the dragon hopped off. At the very last second, of course, to let him know that it was her idea and not his. She rumbled a sly reptilian chortle as he straightened up and then got to his feet, wrinkling his nose at Sah as he offered him a hand up.

"C'mon, Jester. The heat down here is clearly makin' you light-headed. Let's go home."

~Fin~