in our defense, we were left unsupervised
For Edmund <3
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
see what you find there with grace in your heart and flowers in your hair
Not having her shift was weird. Paige was so used to slipping in and out of it, that it was second nature, but she couldn't do that here. The young attuned sighed heavily, letting her arms swing down from where she was currently suspended upside down on a tree branch, the bend of her knees keeping her stable. Her brows drew together as the blood continued to rush to her head and she knew that she'd be dizzy whenever she righted herself. That was part of the point.

Her vision was just starting to blur when she saw the fuzzy outline of Edmund in the distance and a mischievous smile curled on her lips. "Well, well, well.. If it isn't the prince of Torchline himself." She called out, swinging herself a few times before she was able to get enough momentum, flipping from her perch and landing soundly on her feet. Paige swayed slightly, head spinning as the blood tried to go back out to her other extremities and she laughed at the feeling it brought with it. "Still busy sulking?"
Paige
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
Not all the water in the rough rude sea,
Edmund snuck his tongue out at Paige as he approached, "Just because my mum is queen, doesn't mean I'm a prince. Unless Lady Safrin says I'm Torchline's next ruler or something of course." Because being a prince meant being in the line of succession and as far as he knew, there wasn't one. At least, not in Torchline.

As she landed in front of him, he held out a hand to steady her if she chose to take it. "And I'm not sulking. I'm brooding. It's much more sophisticated." Sulking was for children. Deliberating actions and consequences were too mature for children. Thus, brooding.

Brooding over the fact that the ever-constant warmth of his magic felt like a dull ember in his chest. Brooding over the fact that his mum had successfully trapped him here for his own safety. And much more occupied his mind as the war began.
Edmund Ansel the Prince of Torchline
can wash the balm of an annoited king
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Paige rolled her eyes at his correction, ”Your mom was queen when you were born and that makes you a prince. I don’t make the rules, Eddy. That’s just facts.” She drawled matter of factly, ignoring his hand as she found her footing. ”I don’t know why you fight the title so much. It gets you a lot of things.” Paige would know. She dropped the fact that Maeve was her aunt every chance she got. No one tried to stiff her when trading and it got her out of any sort or trouble she found herself in.

”What are you brooding about exactly?” She asked, shoving her hands into the pockets of her shorts as she began to stroll past him towards the settlement, clearly expecting him to follow behind her. He usually did. Even when he was being broody.
Paige
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Edmund pouted scowled, "No it doesn't. Caido's rulers are chosen typically. My mum was chosen to be queen. I wasn't chosen to be prince. I didn't do anything to earn that title, so I don't use it." Even if he didn't many Torchers often gave him discounts or were more lenient with him simply because he was Maeve's son. He was always grateful, but it still felt like he was taking advantage of his situation.

Just as Paige expected, Edmund joined her as she walked. He'd followed after his older cousin many times before he aged. It was simply a habit at this point. "I'm brooding because I'm annoyed. I wasn't planning to fight. I just wanted to help. Maybe lead citizens to the safehouses or something."

He sighed heavily, "But mum caught on and practically dragged me here."
Paige Berkley

Change author:
He was always so serious, her cousin. Paige sighs heavily, shoving her hands in her pockets as she walked, steps swinging almost lazily. "Yeah, but Safrin loves you already. I wouldn't be surprised if you were made the prince of Torchline OfFiCiAlLy." The Attuned glanced towards him, unsure of where exactly she's going, but sure that they'll find something to get up to.

"Yeah, well, she sent all of the Halenani workers here too. Your mom wasn't taking any chances." They didn't know how bad it was going to be and they definitely didn't know how bad it was right now either. If Edmund did know maybe he would be grateful to be here. Maybe they both would. Paige stopped at the edge of the settlement where the houses were built, "Want to play the floor is lava?" This of course meant jumping from rooftop to rooftop by any means necessary to avoid the ground.
Paige
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:
Emund flushed slightly, "I don't think Lady Safrin loves me. I think she more so accepts me because of my mum." If his goddess actually fond of him personally, the young Abandoned might just pass out. "If she made me prince, I would wear title with pride." But the chances of that were slim to none. He'd never heard of such a thing happening. Why would he be the exception?

"She really wasn't." Not that Edmund blamed his mum. He had no doubt that the war was already in full swing. He just hoped that she'd be safe. She had his uncles to watch over her so Edmund had faith in her safe return.

The mention of a game made the young teen perk up, happy for the distraction. "You're on!" He challenged his cousin before starting their game and making a running jump onto the nearest roof.