i hear it in your voice
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Everest
Though there was no official barrier that clearly demarcated the Refuge from the rest of the world, there was certainly a feeling. We all know it is that invisible barrier that surrounded sand-box video games to let you know where the limit of the game was, but for Everest, he merely felt it as some vast and powerful no all around the Refuge.

Standing as far as he could reasonably go, he held his notebook in one hand while his other furiously scratched out observations across the page. Taking a few steps back, the young attuned tilted his head thoughtfully, before adding another entry. In fact Ever was trying to identify the precise boundaries of the Refuge. In reality, he looked like he was having a bit of a mental episode.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
holding back the flood,
in this skyscraper town
It’s not unusual for people to test out the edges of the barriers that surround them. Sunjata’s done it time and time again. However, when it comes to this particular refuge and the fact that it’s a child doing it, rumors spread and spread so far that Sunjata hears word of it. And with no shifts under his skin to get there quicker and nonchalantly watch to see what’s happening, he’s forced to actually go out – the whole, scarred, towering man that he is, watching Everest curiously.

Hey there,” he pauses in his greeting to acknowledge the young man and to not startle him. “What’re you up to out here?” Might as well not beat around the bush of it, right? He pauses close enough to have an easy conversation with Everest, gaze drifting from him to the edge of the barrier – invisible to the eye but a very much there feeling.
you gave all that sweat and blood,
now you think you're gonna drown
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Everest
Sunjata's shadow falls across Ever like an unexpected rain, causing the boy to jump and spin. Ordinarily he might have shifted whereupon his canine senses would have soothed his anxiety, but without such abilities, he was left merely gaping up at the imposing figure of Sunjata.

"H-hi." He stammers nervously, swallowing, before looking over his shoulder. "Oh, I just...I wasn't alive when the other barrier was made, and...well, I don't know that anyone took many notes about what it was like. So I thought if I researched this one, it might help just in case we were ever trapped somewhere again." And also to keep my mind off of the fighting, he doesn't say.

"Thank you again for creating this place for us." Ever quickly adds, following it up with a perfunctory polite smile.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
holding back the flood,
in this skyscraper town
He does forget at times just how tall he is – and peering down at a child such as Everest with a height so small in comparison to his own and the anxiety that’s almost palpable in the air, well… Sunjata crouches down, getting his height back into something more manageable for the boy as he explains. “I think that’s a great idea.” He offers the boy with a soft smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

Sunjata wasn’t here either when the barrier was fully intact. He’d seen the scarred earth in the Grounds, walked over it numerous times, but by the time he had arrived? The Greatwood was already a spot available if he wished to wander.

The thank you brings his attention back to the boy, though, a soft nod offered quietly. “Of course. I’m glad Frey was able to help guide me with it.” A bit of honesty – that if it weren’t for Frey believing in him, then he wouldn’t have made it. Let alone having the opportunity for it in the first place had he still been one of Safrin’s. “So what do you notice about this barrier?” He asks, hands clasping together as he rests his forearms on his knees, peering out at the invisible barrier yet again.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
It's Sunjata's shrinking as much as his approval of Ever's ideas that has the boy's shoulders sagging with relief. "Did...the other heralds just not care? Or.." Tilting his head softly to the side the way a dog might when it hears something high-pitched, Ever's brows furrow together. "Sorry, sorry. That was rude." He amends quickly before glancing at the sky and wondering if the gods could smite him in the Refuge for accusing them of not caring.

"Oh, uhm.." Turning his gaze down to his notebook, Ever twitches his lips thoughtfully. "Well, whatever it is, it has some sort of field that radiates outwards. You can feel it if you get too close. I think it's a bit like when you try to push two magnets together but you do it the wrong way, and how they try and keep apart." The boy explains. "But if you're strong enough you can bring those sorts of magnet together, so I'm trying to figure out if I think someone really strong could just..push their way all the way through." Glancing up at Sunjata, unequivocally the strongest one in all the refuge, Ever raises his eyebrows. "Can you try?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
holding back the flood,
in this skyscraper town
You’re fine.” He offers softly, flashing the boy a slightly amused smile. “Ask away. I’m afraid I haven’t met Ludo, but I do know Safrin and Frey.” As if it might offer some answers to lingering questions. And as for the initial one the Hart child had asked? “I wanted to keep a space where it didn’t matter which race you were, you were welcome here during the war. Ludo has a… History against the Ascended and Safrin’s never exactly struck me as the one to care much outside of those bound to her.” A shoulder rises and falls in a small shrug, though that same amusement lingers in the twitch of his lips.

At the request, however, Sunjata straightens up, focusing on the edge of the barrier simply by sense rather than sight. “Hm, I can try.” He highly doubts it’ll work, regardless of how close to Frey or how strong he is, but for the effort of helping the note taking for the young boy to keep his mind occupied away from the war, Sunjata was willing to help. So he starts to take a few long strides toward the sensation as it grows bigger, a strange overwhelming feeling of static against his bones, like it’s pushing at it just as Ever briefly described, and those long strides quickly become shorter as if the air he’s walking through feels almost too thick to take a step – like walking in water but with far more resistance.

He takes a few steps back and turns back to Everest with an apologetic smile. “I’m afraid it won’t even let me through.
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
Biting at the inside of his cheek (it helped him listen, you understand, though Everest couldn't quite explain why), he nods as Sunjata speaks. "I..had heard that about Ludo. About the Greatwood keeping an eye on the Grounds, and.." Well, the whole Remi thing. Mention of Safrin has the boy blinking in slow, cautious movements. "Safrin came to my dad a few times, or..maybe just once. Does..do you think that means he is bound to her?" He asks nervously, glancing down somewhere around Sunjata's knees before his eyes raise again. "Is he in danger?"

Indeed, it doesn't really work, but that in itself is an answer. "Hmmm. Did it hurt? How do you feel?" Ever wonders, looking far more interested than one should probably be about seeing a grown man unable to simply walk forward.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
holding back the flood,
in this skyscraper town
Hmm.” Sunjata starts, a reiteration of what he tells Everest before he does the adventure into the invisible barrier that surrounds them for safety. Yet, as the boy starts to grow nervous, Sunjata’s brows pinch together and he tries to figure out how best to put his distaste for Safrin in a way that wouldn’t let him panic about his family when it came to the starry goddess. “If she came to him then I doubt he’s in danger. It’s more… Potentially when she calls you to her and she doesn’t like what you’ve done. That’s typically the time I worried.” A small half smile is offered to Everest.

He pauses in this conversation, however, to give it a shot and when he asks what he felt, Sunjata returns to the young Attuned’s side and kneels in the grass to peer out into the edge. “It’s like trying to walk in a river only much more difficult.” He offers him, glancing up at the boy briefly before he turns to talk with him more personally.

Back to Safrin, though, I wouldn’t worry about her with your father.” And he doesn’t know if it helps but he can’t help but to add; “She had asked me to become her demigod but I chose Frey instead and when I was forced to speak to her, she attacked me for betraying her.” He doesn’t want to say that he basically died. If anything, that would have freaked him out more in his youth. Either way, though, the Flood tries to remain open for Ever to ask as many questions as he wanted about the ordeal or Safrin in general.
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
Sunjata's attempts to soothe are largely ineffective. Not because of anything the demi god is or isn't doing, but because of how bright and hot young Ever's anxiety is to prone to run. After years of time with Mateo he's developed quite a good imagination as well when it comes to some things, which doesn't help in situations like this.

Swallowing hard, Ever focuses on things he can't, in some respects, understand. "That's a really good analogy actually." He murmurs as he smiles a bit to himself, marking down Sunjata's explanation.

As for rounding back to Safrin? Err..the topic suddenly seems very big and large for the young boy's mind. Though he understands what he's hearing, he doesn't understand the way it makes his stomach squirm as if it were suddenly filled with a rolling ball of worms. "Okay." He replies politely, but noncommittally. 'I'll let you get back to..uhm, leading things. Thank you for trying to walk through the barrier though. It really helped."

~FIN