{SEASONAL THREAD} Kindness of Strangers
for Ronin!
Arthur Pendragon
Knight

Age: 30 | Height: 6’4” | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345
   The former king had finally accepted that he wasn’t getting back home to Camelot, but that didn’t mean he was going to let himself be kept down by such knowledge. Regardless of where he was, he was a man of the people, a servant to the only worthy master there was.

After the tragedies of Longnight, Arthur decided to dedicate his time to helping to renew the settlement. There were things to do in preparation for this festival of welcoming Flowerbirth to the settlement after Longnight. Such strange ways to address the seasons, but it was fitting, and he knew that he was still adjusting to the way this world operated.

Before he had pulled free the sword from its granite prison, he had been a squire to his elder brother. When he wasn’t training or tagging along to jousts and tournaments, he was helping on the farm, which meant that he was decently experienced in working with his hands.

He walked through the fields with a twisted wood staff in hand and a small sack of seeds slung across his body. Deepfrost wasn’t the best time for farming, but the arrival of Flowerbirth meant that it was best to jump on planting and tending to the fields. After all, autumn - or whatever they called it here - would be upon them before they knew it!

Arthur dragged his staff over the dirt in the fields as he walked in the small patch he was paying attention to, making shallow lines to follow before going over them with the tools he had sat just off of the field to make them deeper and suitable for any kind of crop.

ARTHUR
If serving others is below you,
leadership is beyond you.

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
if there's one thing i'm good at, it's surviving
Arthur was not alone in the fields, but Ronin was out there for much different reasons. His LongNight had been... harrowing, to say the least, but Vervain was keeping an eye on Aoife in the Woodlands for a bit, giving him some time to walk, to clear his head... and obviously to fuss over his dragonet. Sugar had been growing exponentially since he'd hatched her at the beginning of Deepfrost, now the size of a small cat, but the pale reptile hadn't been given much of an opportunity to stretch her wings as of late.

So Ronin strolled through the long grasses, the pale sun warming his shoulders and his back, a soft breeze tousling his unruly hair. Undoubtedly he looked more tired, more gaunt than before, but there was light returning to his blue eyes. Slowly, but surely. On his right hand he wore a falconer's glove, though he wasn't expecting a bird. Above him, Sugar soared on the currents, trilling her pleasure at being out and about, her ice blue eyes soon finding something exciting to investigate in the form of a... man. With a stick. And snacks.

"Oi!" Ronin called up to her, laughing as she descended in the distance, making him break into a run to catch up with her. Before he could stop her, Sugar had landed in Arthur's wake, already nosing at the seeds and thoroughly ruining anything he was trying to do. "Hey, quit that! Sorry!" he called to the stranger.
Arthur Pendragon
Knight

Age: 30 | Height: 6’4” | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
   He had been somewhat lost in his thoughts, his stick tilling the land with each long step. The large man enjoyed the feeling of the warm air moving over his skin and through his auburn locks. His eyes fell closed for a beat, simply reveling in the way the Flowerbirth felt after the oppressive cold of Deepfrost.

Arthur reached into his seed bag, feeling the potential for new life within the fabric. He had always been told that he was a dreamer, sometimes even told that he had his head in the clouds with idealistic visions and the way he saw the world, yet he made those idealistic visions into a reality; he created his utopia with his own two hands and the faith of his people.

Before he could find himself once again drawn into a daydream, Arthur was stopped short as a flash of white dove from the sky. His bright blue eyes widened and turned downward, not completely believing what was right in front of him. Was that…?

A dark-haired man drew closer with a falconer’s glove upon his hand, apologizing for the small creature. ”No trouble,” Arthur assured the newcomer with a genuine smile, the disbelief bringing his gaze back to the… By the gods, it really was a fucking dragon, wasn’t it?

Lowering himself into a crouch, Arthur took a small handful of seeds from his sack and held it out for the dragon. He watched the animal’s movements with utter fascination at what he was witnessing, until he forced himself to gaze back at the man who had approached. ”In my land, such beasts were things of stories and myth,” he explained, awestruck smile unwavering. ”Even in legend, a white dragon is a thing of extraordinary symbolism and power. Tell me, Dragonmaster, how did you come upon one?”

ARTHUR

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
The relief was evident on Ronin's face as he approached and the newcomer came properly into view, the guildmaster offering a lopsided smile and watching as he leant down before the dragonling. Sugar was unapologetic, of course, letting out a trill of greeting and bounding forward on pale claws to investigate the proferred seeds. She shoved her nose unceremoniously into his hands, sniffing about before deciding that these snacks were not the meaty and moving kind, chirping at him expectantly. Friends gave snacks. It was what she had been taught.

"Rude," Ronin muttered with a smirk to the serpent, glancing back to the stranger and arching an eyebrow. "Oh, don't tell her that. Her head will get too big and she'll not be able to fly!" He chuckled, though it seemed in most stories that dragons were the stuff of legends. In most stories, though, they probably weren't quite so pocket-sized.

"A clutch of eggs were at the bottom of the Oasis. During Deepfrost the ice shifted and released them to the top. All but her egg was ruined, but she hatched and we've been together since. Her name is Sugar - she'll probably want a ride on your shoulder, as long as you've got sufficient bribes. I'm Ronin, by the way - sorry about your seeds."
Arthur Pendragon
Knight

Change author:
   Arthur watched the little dragon who seemed to be somewhat dissatisfied with the offered food. It made sense. The dragons in folklore were carnivorous, so it was to be expected that the one in front of him wasn’t going to be content with just seeds as an offering.

With a breathy chuckle, the man turned his gaze to the other when he explained just how he came across the mythical beast. So there had been more than one? What an incredible thing… To imagine a world where dragons – large or pocket-sized – roamed freely. He wondered what else there was to this world that differed from his own, but part of him believed that he would never live to see just how much there was to offer. It was impossible to see everything, but why not dream of it?

”Arthur Pendragon,” he returned when Ronin introduced himself. ”A pleasure, sir. And a pleasure to meet you, Sugar.” Arthur smiled to the creature, as he leaned on one knee, reaching into his back pocket. ”Don’t tell anyone I carry this,” he whispered loudly to the white dragon, pulling out a piece of jerky. He grinned at Ronin and placed the jerky on the ground in front of Sugar, before rising to his feet and dusting off his pants.

”’Tis no trouble at all, Ronin. Truly. ‘Tis my honour, in fact. I’ve never before seen such a creature, so this is incredible.” He gave the dark-haired man a charming smile and dug his hand into the sack again, showing that there were plenty more seeds. ”Are you from around here, Ronin? Or do you fare from another land?” He had only been in Caido for so long, and yet, most of the people he had come across came from lands different from this one. Outlanders, they were called. Well, he supposed ‘they’ included him, but now wasn’t the time to fuss over technicalities.

ARTHUR

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"Likewise," Ronin murmured with a gentle nod, grinning as he watched Sugar scuttle back while Arthur delved into his pockets. As he produced the jerky - something she recognised as a gesture of we are friends now - she gave a shriek of appreciation, barely waiting for it to be set down before tearing into it. Ronin rested his hands in his pockets, letting out a quiet laugh of agreement. "Yes, she is the first dragon I've ever laid eyes upon as well. Careful if she sneezes, though - she breathes ice, unlike most of the dragons I've ever read abou-- hey!"

Sugar had finished her jerky and, as Arthur rose to his feet, she was already clambering up one of his long legs to search for more snack and to show her appreciation by nibbling harmlessly at his fingers. "Well, it looks like you have a partner in crime," Ronin noted, glancing at the small tracks in the ground and the seeds and realising what the other man was doing. "If you like, I can take the staff and make the trenches while you scatter the seeds?" he offered.

As for where he was from, Ronin smiled quietly. "I am from a place called Northaven. It is both like here and not, but... I'll admit, I've been here for three seasons now, and I prefer here. What of you?"
Arthur Pendragon
Knight

Change author:
   “Fascinating,” he muttered. An ice-breathing dragon. It just kept getting better!

Sugar seemed pleased with the change of food she was given, and Arthur grinned down to her, laughing as she began scampering up his pant leg. The noises she made were fucking adorable. If someone was to tell him that he would not only meet a dragon, but somehow befriend one the size of a cat by feeding it jerky… Well, he would have had them named mad. Hells, Merlin sure didn’t tell him this was in his future, so part of him was still waiting to awaken after one of the strangest dreams he had ever experienced.

If she wanted, Arthur lowered his hand next to her as a lift to his shoulder – otherwise, she was free to fly off or hop down or do whatever else she wished.

He raised his brows at Ronin with a casual nod, handing the staff over to the man. He doubled back to where the rows for planting began and dug his hand into the sack once more, beginning to drop just a few seeds with each step he took.

Northaven. Ronin wasn’t the first person Arthur had met from Northaven. Both Phoebe and Remi came from the same place, so he wondered how many of the others did as well. Was Northaven somehow magically linked to Caido? He had a feeling that he wouldn’t be getting an answer to that question any time soon, but it couldn’t hurt to let the questions linger in his mind a little bit.

“I’ve heard of Northaven,” he said, dropping a few seeds. “I met a wizard named Remi from that land.” There was a smile that accompanied the statement, as he enjoyed his time with the mage. Remi was a good man, honest, and Arthur never let such things pass without compliment.

When the question was turned on him, he huffed slightly through his nose. “I come from a land called Camelot. A beautiful place, and one I’ll hold in my heart forever.” There was a touch of sadness to his voice, but it was one he couldn’t help. “I was king there, surrounded my most loyal and most trusted, and with their advising, I helped Camelot thrive.” He couldn’t take all of the credit, but he was the head of the movement into ushering Camelot from war to prospering peace. Arthur shrugged then, throwing a smile again to Ronin. “Now, Caido is my home, and I’m simply doing my best to create the best land here that I can.”

ARTHUR

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
Accepting the staff, Ronin grinned as he watched Arthur interact with Sugar. As sociable as her companion, the pale dragon gave a trill of appreciation and clambered onto the offered hand, then up his arm to perch happily on his shoulder. From there she could oversee the Fields quite nicely, and nose in the bag of seeds (and in Arthur's ear, snuffling around like she might find something important).

Meanwhile, Ronin took up the staff and the trench digging, strong hands making idle work of the task and leaving them free to chat as they worked. "Oh, you have? You met a-- oh." Unable to help it, Ronin let out a chuckle at hearing Remi described as a wizard, of all things. "I know Remi well - we are good friends. I'm glad he made a favourable impression on you," he said, smiling.

Ronin leant an attentive ear as Arthur explained about his native Camelot, only to stop short altogether as the word king slipped past his lips. "A king...? Damn. I mean... yeah, I can see why you would miss the place. Your kingdom, the people... I hope they are all alright." A soft frown knotted his eyebrows. "I was a soldier - a captain, in our guard. I can relate to worrying about those we left behind."