If you tasted poison
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
i wish I could say I am a light that never goes out.
but i flicker from time to time
Keen to return Ronin's correspondence, Remi shifts his knees astride his husband's waist so that his hands are free to plunge into his husband's hair and against the curve of his jaw. This is one of the few times in his recollection that Remi doesn't even care that this isn't real. These aren't technically his hands, and in all likelihood, his tongue is doing little more than drooling onto Ronin's shirt, but there's no pain. None he has to feel, anyway. "You are worth all of this, you know that?" All the agony, all the desperate attempts at freedom, all the failed efforts over the years.

Rolling his shoulders as if he might alleviate some of the stiffness from his actual body, Remi gazes down adoringly at Ronin. 'It felt almost easy...until it wasn't." For a moment the Lullaby's gaze grows distant, and lines blink across his forehead as his eyebrows twitch.

"You know what I just realized..." He murmurs in a slow and low voice. "...Wessex...she had her splashback upgrade...the one she gave to you.."
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
RONIN
the darkstar
"I know," Ronin says softly, having given up on trying to deny any affection Remi wants to give him; because there is no better time than now, he thinks, to give and receive such exaggerated compliments. "I will make sure you know how much I appreciate what you did every day until I die." Sweetly said, the Huntsman leans up to plant another, more chaste kiss against Remi's lips, even as one hand paints pictures along his lower back and the other strums over his shoulder blades.

"Mm..." It's the only agreement Ronin can give without risking the landscape turning dark and sinister around them. As for Wessex, though? It surprises him that he feels nothing at all about the betrayal of their agreement, and perhaps it's because of what he says next. "Wessex is dead." He rolls his shoulders. "It isn't as though her lies equated to much."
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Grinning, Remi scrubs his unshaven cheek against Ronin's, smiling into the crook of the Huntsman's neck. "We are going to have all sorts of new scars to memorize, aren't we?" He says, mostly to himself before shivering against the resulting thrill of adrenaline that spikes upwards from his feet.

Sensing the heaviness Ronin's thoughts bring, Remi obnoxiously presses his tongue into one of the folds beneath Ronin's chin. "No..but you know, I always thought if nothing else, she was honourable." It was a clever bait and switch, however she'd pulled it off, but...well, naively perhaps, Remi had expected more.

'You were not so bad out there yourself.' The Lullaby says as he leans up, dragging their conversation back to flattery and away from dead problems. "Too bad Darkeye was not there to write it all down. I am afraid I missed a few things."
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
Instinctively wriggling away from the tongue that presses against his neck, Ronin lets out a laugh that feels as though it doesn't belong here, even in the idyllic scene they've made for themselves. "We are," he agrees. "And I can't wait to start. But first we have a lot of wounds that need to heal into scars." Luckily they've got all the time in the world to take care of one another now; bedrest, herbs strong enough even to sedate the likes of the two of them, booze and food aplenty - nothing is off limits. They deserve it.

"If it makes you feel any better, we can always omit that part from our memory. It isn't like she baited us into attacking her or anything." Shrugging, he leans in for another kiss as if he can silence thoughts of Wessex that way. And it seems to work, given he's now receiving compliments aplenty. "I can remind you," he murmurs. "Or show you, in our dreams. Or just make it up until we're not sure what's real and what's rumour. It doesn't matter, because we made it out of there together."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi grumbles an obnoxiously long note of agreement against Ronin's shoulder. 'I suppose at some point I will have to look at my arm.' Said arm flexes unconsciously, and as Remi glances down at it, he half expects to see bone and shredded flesh. He doesn't of course, which has him frowning doubtfully.

But back to Wessex and kisses. 'No, that does not make me feel better, but I am happy to remove her from my memory. What is one more face for me to lose, mm?' How many people had he forgotten in his lifetime? 3 now? 4?

Snorting under his breath, Remi nods. Reluctant as he is to cease to be a blanket over his husband, there was that houseboat they had been talking about...'Come on. Let's do some dreaming' He whispers with sudden sweetness. Pressing a kiss to his husband's nose, it's with an awkward shuffle on his hands and knees that Remi extracts himself from their cave. When Ronin joins him outside, he'll find that they're in a field of wildflowers at the base of a mountain, and wouldn't you know it, there's a houseboat hovering in the air before them, ready to be placed...er, somewhere.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
"And at some point, so will I," Ronin says sadly. And when that time comes, they'll have to face up to whatever removing the Core has done to Remi. "No matter what happens, though, we'll deal with it together," he reiterates, leaning in to smooch the Lullaby's cheek. It won't make it better, but at least he won't be facing it alone.

"As long as you don't lose my face, I think we can just about cope," he says, already forgetting about Wessex, the war and everything other than Remi. Indeed, he's preparing to wind his arms around his husband to reverse their positions and love him all over, but somehow Remi comes up with an even better idea.

Scrunching his nose and rolling to his feet, Ronin pads after his husband with a grin. "You have the best ideas," he whispers, slipping his hand into Remi's and setting out across their imagined world, coaxing the houseboat along behind them like a pet.

~FIN