If you tasted poison
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
remi
A lot's been changin' lately and I can't tell
If it's me or if it's everybody else
and I love you. It feels like that is all I am capable of right now. Remi admits, sounding tired beyond words, and yet proud just the same. Or maybe that was just the cadence of his love colouring his voice. He was nothing if not his love for the Huntsman, and reduced to a shell of himself, at least there was still that to hold him together.

Coughing slightly and dotting Ronin's collarbone with small flecks of blood, the Lullaby teeters back into himself for a moment as he tries to assess just what he was capable of doing. Their dream might need to wait a few minutes extra, but he thought it might be worth it. In so thinking, the Lullaby suddenly grows small, though he remains just as haggard as he had been before; the black and grey of his pelt was all but in ribbons on his back, and his right paw was a jittery mostly-bone thing that he kept pressed against his little body.

gentle. It isn't that Ronin really needs the reminder, though in such a tiny body as he was now, Remi felt all the more precarious for his injuries.
we're only human but w?'ve got hands & hearts & noses
So stop and sm?ll the fuckin' roses
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
"It's all you need to do. I've got the rest," Ronin murmurs into Remi's hair, his smile a bittersweet curl on his lips as he shuffles towards the cave. Luckily his husband's shifting is slow enough for him to adjust his grip around the raccoon, and he furrows his brow sadly as he gazes down at him. "Of course," he says, ducking into the cave and sitting together with... well, himself.

The phoenix's wings radiate the same kind of warmth as a campfire, though the hush of rainfall isn't as good as crackling wood, the Huntsman thinks. As he settles on the cave floor (laying down has never felt so good), he settles the mess of blood and fur on his chest, his hands very carefully smoothing across a fluffy, masked face. "If I can't make you a bed, I'll just have to be one," he informs him with a smirk.
show me your darkness.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
remi
Unable to focus on the sounds of anything aside from his own laboured breathing, Remi is quite content to simply exist in the warmth and the darkness.

As Ronin smoothes back his whiskers, the raccoon presses against the Huntsman's hands while trying to remain as still as possible. I have always thought you were a rather good bed. He agrees in a mild voice, staring up his husband's nose with black-button eyes.

This all feels so... Pausing, Remi's tiny paws clutch at Ronin's shirt as if the threads of his thought might be fussed out from his husband's clothing. ..maybe when we get back everything will be different, but honestly it does not seem like we did much to make difference. Yes, whatever the Core was doing on/in Caido seemed bad, but what of the Voice? What of the rest of the ascended? What of the animosity and bad blood? What of everything?
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
"Well I very much appreciate that," Ronin murmurs, his voice rumbling in his chest and undoubtedly vibrating up and into Remi's little body. The other man speaks what they are both thinking and he can only send a pulse of weary agreement through the Attuned bond, forcing himself to keep his gentle fuss to the raccoon's whiskers, wishing he could do something to take away even a little of the pain.

"I think we are perhaps too close to all of this to understand what it means for the rest of the world. Not that I know what it even means." Shaking his head, he delivers careful scritches behind Remi's fuzzy ears, feeling the warmth from phoenix wings finally start to penetrate his freezing bones.

"...I know what it means for us, at least," he continues. "We can do whatever we like from here. And I think we should."
show me your darkness.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi
Do you mean physically too close? Or..? Perhaps down off the mountainside the world was bright with colour and there were on display all sorts of banners that explained the complexities of what had happened, why, and answered the looming question of now what. Maybe it was just here, so very high up and away from it all, that they couldn't see the forest for the trees.

Remi's whiskers twitch slightly as pain warbles through him. It's nothing Ronin is doing necessarily, though every breath the Huntsman takes renews the agony in Remi's small body, as do all of his own. Were he laying on his own, though, the pain would be just as great.

I am going to leave the Greatwood to someone else. Remi decides in the moment. It had never needed him, not really. He had just liked the stats just liked the authority it had given him, but now, if everyone in all of Caido forgot his name save for Ronin, he wouldn't mind. I can be a fulltime house husband in Stormbreak, if you like.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
"Physically and mentally," Ronin murmurs. "It's true that we don't know what's happening down there, but then our focus has always been here. The gods made it that way." And it has made it quite impossible to see things from any other perspective than win the war, and now that has apparently been accomplished, Ronin doesn't know what kind of future to expect.

"Leave the Greatwood to the Greatwood," he suggests with a warm smile, continuing his delicate fuss and tilting his head as he considers Remi's status as a house husband. "I would like that a lot. But perhaps we can both be full-time house husbands?" Is he saying he's stepping down as leader of Stormbreak? Perhaps. He hasn't decided yet, but the option is certainly on the table. And he's so tired. "How does that sound?"
show me your darkness.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi
Grumbling adorably, Remi isn't sure what else he can add to the dismal feeling of uncertainty that he and Ronin are marinating in just now. Whatever happens, I love you. He decides with a tiny huff, as if to say that was that.

Twitching his little nose, Remi's dark eyes narrow. For us both to be house husbands...I think we will need a different house. Their houseboat had served them well, but if Remi was going to abdicate, best to set it adrift, or, a better idea, give it to Fiadh. Their apartment in Stormbreak had been largely (and appropriately) taken over by Mateo leaving them just a single room where they could reliably be alone.

Raising his head just for a moment before a claw of pain slapped his chin back down, Remi considers. I wonder what this place looks like in the daylight. He'd hardly bothered to look around on their ascent, what with all the dragons and ascended and then demigods of the Court to contend with.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
"And whatever happens, I love you," Ronin responds softly, letting his eyes close even if it makes the world spin briefly into black behind his eyes. A different house, while true and entirely understandable, still brings a prang of sadness low in his belly; they had made some good memories in the houseboat, and it had probably felt the most like home out of all their places over the years.

Wincing on his husband's behalf, Ronin resumes his soft strokes against the raccoon's cheeks and whiskers. "Oh, I imagine it's probably dreary and dull, if it keeps raining like this," he says, blinking open his eyes again to peer out into the blackness and the downpour. "Then again, if this is Caido's seat... maybe it's quite nice. You know, apart from all the dragons."

Raising his eyebrows suddenly, he gazes down at Remi with a lopsided smile. "Why, are you suggesting we build a new house here?"
show me your darkness.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi
Well, I suppose we could always just pick up our houseboat and bring it with us. Remi replies, shifting his triangular little ears forward and cracking a mischievous smile. And from what I have seen there is not much foot traffic up here. You know, because of all the dragons. Grinning more widely, he'd have shrugged if his back wasn't such a warzone.

In his time Remi had certainly had worse ideas than let's live in the deadliest part of Caido. We could put some dragon heads on spikes as a warning to the others. Or maybe Sugar could just relay our message to them. Or Ronin could, seeing as he was a terrifying dragon in his own right.

What sort of life do you want now? It has been a long time since either of us has had the luxury to choose our own fate, and I admit I feel a bit out of my depth.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
It's mischievous, but Ronin is grinning as well because why fucking couldn't they? They'd done far more impossible things, had they not? "We could heave it up here and settle it on one of the rocks or hills. I could build us an extension, and we could plant a garden," he suggests with a small smile, and it becomes more real already with every breath.

"We'll set up a little guard post for Sugar to build her nest in. She can let us know if there are any visitors." Or intruders, for that matter. "And if all else fails, I'll go and make a scene so everything around here knows what's what."

As for the kind of life he'd like now? Ronin finds it surprisingly easy to respond, and he gazes fondly down at his husband, rubbing at the soft fur under Remi's chin. "A humble one," he murmurs. "And a quiet one. No leaders of this, demigods of that. No war. Just you and I... living. You know what I mean?"
show me your darkness.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi
..a garden... Remi hums thoughtfully; his tail gives an experimental twitch that instantly had him regretting the movement. ..maybe a small pond to swim in, and for fish. It's largely unclear if the fish suggestion is due to Remi being in this shift, but why the fuck shouldn't they have a nice little fish pond? We can start a rumour that once, long long ago when the world was underwater, this used to be Caido's boat. Then the water drained away and it was left stranded up here.

And if that fails, I'll go make a scene. Remi adds with an obnoxious grin.

Leaning his chin down into Ronin's fingers so that his neck could go utterly boneless, the raccoon gives his head the tiniest shake. You know, I really don't. It had been so long hopping from one obligation to another, trading one title for a new one... Before that Remi had been a man constantly under someone else's thumb, and prior to that, he'd been a lowly alchemist back in Northaven. I would quite like to kiss you though, if you are ready to go to sleep. Remi thinks suddenly, laying his muzzle down on Ronin's chest so that he could snorffle against his husband's jaw.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
"Oh, that sounds nice. I'll build us a little porch that can overlook the pond and the garden. We'll sit out there on our rocking chairs when the sun goes down." Grinning, Ronin only realises how much he really wants this now that they've started giving the place little details, and rumours as well. "Mm, and now two big and scary creatures live around it, so it's best if no one comes near. Just in case they both make a scene."

His smile fades by degrees as he realises that no, Remi probably has no idea at all, and the Huntsman leans in to kiss the tip of a button nose. "Well, then I believe it's about time you got to experience it," he murmurs, before chuckling at the fuzzy nuzzle against his jaw. "I would love to kiss you now," he agrees. "I'm ready when you are."
show me your darkness.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
i wish I could say I am a light that never goes out.
but i flicker from time to time
Indeed the imagery from both of their minds is damn near idyllic with no small amount of storybook perfection sprinkled about. Two monsters, very much in love, their dragon and spriggan, left in wonderful isolation. Well, one of them could be left in isolation; Ronin could fly away to visit those he wished to see, and Mateo, Flora, and Enzo, could...hmm. Wasn't Everest learning to fly a skyship? Maybe he could fly them up.

Nodding, Remi exhales against the tension that wants to stiffen his limbs. He knows this is going to hurt--and gods it does-- but as soon as he's human enough, Remi makes a hole in the Dreaming large enough for them both to fit through before he tumbles them headfirst into it.

As the pair open their eyes, it would appear as though they haven't moved. They're still in the cave, though both are free of injuries, and there's sunlight streaming through the small opening through which they entered. Pushing himself onto his elbows, Remi peers boyishly down at his husband. "Hey." He says foolishly, before leaning down to press his lips softly against Ronin's. In reality his body is quite still, but here Remi can shift so as not to be completely bone-stiff overtop of Ronin, while remaining just as close as he can.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
"Hey." Ronin's smile is just as boyish, and he melts into the kiss Remi presses to his lips as though he's breathing new life into him. Here in their dreams he can let his arms slide up and beneath his husband's shirt, roaming over his back to hold him close while his tongue writes the rest of his greeting in generous arcs against the Lullaby's. "Gods, I love you," he whispers when they finally part, scattering kisses over his cheeks and forehead and curls.

"This is more like it." He means, of course, the scene around them; the sunlight feels warm against his arms as it streams into their cave, and outside... well, it's whatever the fuck they want, since he has no idea what the Draig actually looks like out there. For Ronin it doesn't really matter, honestly - he's greedily looking over his one and only, like he can remember him like this forever.

"You were incredible back there," he's able to say at last. "I've never seen you move like that."