Through the night, into the vein
Evie || Palace, Citadel, Halo
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
i will endure the night for the promise of light
The Palace -- Set a few days after the funeral mini-event

Noah moved to her office with purpose. He didn't stop to chat with the guards as he tended to do. They greeted him with solemn nods, smiles, and careful thank yous. He gave the only thing he had left, which was a small non-eye wrinkling smile, and secure embraces to their shoulders.

Much like he had with Sah's home, Noah entered Evie's office without knocking. The door was mostly open, anyways, and he was sure the warden had seen him go into the room for the last several nights that had, at one point, served as his own office as warden. "Evie, I hope I am not interrupting anything." Noah's glacier eyes scanned across her desk before resting on her own that stood out like ice against fire.

THE SENTINEL OF THE NORTH
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Evie
I see what lies heavy on your heart
Her eyes flicker briefly at the sound of nearby footsteps echoing through her cracked door, as they do with each passerby. Always ready to set down her pen in case she is needed. Often times she is; various healers coming to report on patients she’d earmarked for personal updates on after aiding them in the Infirmary, guards updating on the gate status, even a few civilians and shop owners who knew her personally and desired her ear. She isn’t expecting Noah among them, admittedly, but as he enters she sets her pen down and sweeps a fallen crimson lock out of her face to better see him.

Evie has been worried for him admittedly, but their friendship was newly budded at best, and so she had done no more than whisper her concerns to Deimos in hopes it would go somewhere without overstepping. Talyson’s hatred of her had cautioned her to such things. “Of course not, I always have time for you Noah,” she assures, and pointedly shuts the patient file she’d been notating in. “Please, come sit. What can I do?” A question that seemingly hasn’t left her mouth in days. Standing, she motions him to the modest settee by the hearth, wanting to avoid the formality of a desk between them.
and the strength you still keep inside
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Noah didn't hesitate to follow up on her invitation. Though he didn't know her well, he gave her a certain amount of respect that he didn't normally afford every outlander -- and it was because Deimos accepted her to Wardenship alongside him. He trusted nearly every move that the Sword made, and if Deimos was willing to stand side by side with Evie, then Noah was willing to give her every chance she deserved.

Sitting in the leather chair draped in ursur fur, warmed by the hearth of her fire, Noah let out a breath. It wasn't quite a sigh, but it was more than just a normal physiological occurrence. "I want to first thank you for all that you did for Halo -- are doing for Halo." Although Noah's two tours as warden hadn't lasted long, there was a weight to his presence and his words that the people still looked up to. "I came to talk to you about your council. You and Deimos haven't set anyone in place yet,."

Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Evie
She can understand the reticence of others. She is an outlander here, if not to Caido; she’d felt much the same as a Natural in the Grounds. In some ways she is grateful to have lived here for so long before, if only because of the familiarity of the people, the love for Halo it had instilled in her. Unfortunately she hadn’t met Noah in her time as the second Grand Healer, but bridges can always be built, no matter how late.

Settling down beside him, old Wordsworth tendencies leaving her with tucked and crossed ankles and neatly folded hands, Evie awards him her full attention. The gratitude is unexpected, though it makes her smile humbly. “Thank you,” she ensures is said first, for sincerity’s sake, but the mention of the council has her humming softly and reclining slightly into the settee. “Deimos and I had decided to postpone any promotions until after the war so we could focus on preparations - and out of fear of who we may lose - but since that time has passed it’s certainly a good time to consider it again.” Though her eyes are an icy contrast to the warmth of her hair, all the more so when bathed in firelight, the Evergreen’s gaze is far from cold as she genially searches for Noah’s own. “Do you mean to nominate yourself, or someone else?”
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah shook his head. "I'm not here to try and throw my weight around." Words sincere, humble, and careful. Noah had no desire to usurp the woman or try to sway her hand of power. He, above all else, cared for the safety of Halo. For the last few years he had been deeply involved in the government, and he was afraid it was a tie he could not cut anymore. Gone were the days of his endless hunting on the tundra. "If you two decide to ask me, I will take up the mantle with honor."

"But, I came really only to pick your brain about it. I think its important to make sure to have the right minds together for the benefit of Halo's people." Halo was no stranger to ever-changing government. Even before the days of Neron, there was no life-long warden. Halo was too dangerous for it. Wardens died going against dragons, and giants, and ursur. Wardens fought with their people and stepped down. Wardens fought with their people and were thrusted from their thrones. "I've seen Halo go through so much. I want her to stay safe." He said, speaking of the tundra city as if it were a deeply loved mother.

Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
The words are stored away for future consideration with no more than a respectful nod. Positions are about more than delegation after all; whoever they approached for these titles had to be more than worthy, they had to want it. Deimos’ resistance to the role of Warden was evidence enough that timing and personal desires mattered above all else.

“I agree. With the war behind us for now, I think it’s time we focus more on delegation and balancing the ruling system; Halo, much like the Hollowed Grounds, has seen too many ruling parties that did not have her interests at heart.” And though Evie cannot speak in regards to the other lands, her own experience is enough to inspire a frighteningly intense desire to protect the people of Halo not just from the world at large, but any cracks in the ruling council that dictate their lives. She’d lived under Zariah’s tyranny for too long to not be keenly aware of how solitary leaders could crush and bleed dry an entire nation.

“As of now, determining the roles themselves is most important before sourcing candidates. Deimos would never dream of handing General duties over to anyone else, and I’d never presume to ask that of him.” Much the opposite in fact. She would ensure that title remained effectively his until the day he ceased wanting it; and then she would hold him at knifepoint and ask who the hell he really was. “Despite how long we’ve both lived here, Deimos and I are still not native to Halo, and Deimos is not native to Caido at all. An advisor is top among my desires for a cabinet position. Where else do you, personally, see a need for a figurehead?” Crossing her legs she leans slightly towards him, sincere in her interest in how he sees Halo through his own eyes, the changes he’d like to see.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
"Before Morgan was Warden, she did not spend much time getting to know the people. She knew the names of those that served with her in the guard, but she didn't know them." She hadn't known their families' names, their stories, or what they needed. Noah had, Noah does. It had been his job on Morgan's council to be the liaison between her and the people. He was tasked with knowing and hearing their needs, and helping Morgan decide where to delegate the strength and focus of the government.

"Neron, like Morgan, was deficient in this. It was a strength that Weaver, as a hunter, had. Knowing the people is important, and having someone on the council who will always have the ear of the people is important." Noah shifted in his chair some, leaning back into the ursur fur that draped over the back of it. He lifted his leg to cross his ankle over his knee, glacier eyes showing the intensity of his thoughts as he looked between Evie and the roaring hearth. "I do also think someone who oversees foreign affairs could be helpful. Though, this might be something you could specialize in, being a native to Caido but not to Halo." Noah shrugged slightly, the words coming from his mouth now just thoughts in rough draft.

Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
Evie’s face firms slightly, clearly disapproving though it’s relatively hidden. “Zariah was much the same. I don’t want to make empty promises, I’d rather prove myself in my actions, but Deimos and I have tried to integrate ourselves among the people as much as possible in our roles well before being Wardens. I know neither of us intends to leave those duties behind moving forward.” Deimos as General, and Evie as a healer in the Infirmary.

“But even with that, I agree on the importance of an advisor to the people; as far as I’m aware, that’s a role we want filled above any others.” And, ironically, one they were considering filling with the very man she is speaking with. However, Evie holds her tongue on that thought for now, knowing Deimos would want to approach Noah on his own. His compliment is unexpected, and her expression warms, a little pink with how fair her skin is. “Thank you Noah, it means a lot to hear that from you. It’s worth considering; though relations between countries have been unspoken in recent years, we might want to increase trade, and in that case it may involve a heavier workload.” Her own words follow suit, vague drafts of ideas, and it’s nice to speak them freely with a fellow minded man. “With the skyport, we can look at improved trade routes on a professional level, perhaps even incentivize pilot training and other roles?” Provide citizens with options for careers above their stations.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah knew that Deimos was a man of the people. By that, Noah had experienced the Sword doing nitty-gritty tasks shoulder to shoulder with all walks of people in Halo. From hunting, defending, building, cleaning, Noah had witnessed Deimos do it all. The Sentinel never questioned the man's love and loyalty to this frozen place. Evie, though, had been doing the same. Noah just hadn't seen it in the same way as he had Deimos. Evie's life here came at a time when Noah's life got bigger than Halo. He was called away to business that dealt with the whole realm more than just staying and fortifying his home, thus he had less experience with the red-haired woman making roots in this place than he did with the behemoth.

Nodding along as the conversation continued, Noah leaned forward a little. "I am not sure the status of the rest of the settled lands at this point." Noah said. "I am sure, like us, they are recovering as best they can. I haven't seen Ronin since the Draig, but I'd be curious to know the state of Stormbreak. I think it would benefit us to continue to increase our relations with them in particular -- they are the most advanced without the touch of the Voice." Still speaking in rough draft thoughts, Noah's mind was moving a million miles a minute.
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
Ronin's proposition at the Skyport is one she hasn't forgotten. As an Abandoned, and a Natural Abandoned at that, the prejudice against people like her has always been an oppressive force around her neck. Halo's open welcome had been a haven she hadn't ever dreamed of being accepted into. Wherever Ronin may be, no matter what hand he has in it now, Evie would like to see it done. "I'm very invested in the idea of breaking Abandoned preconceptions, as he'd proposed before. Their technology would be immensely useful here as well. Deimos and myself can't go, however - and I suppose that ties into my next question." Turning a little on the loveseat, Evie faces Noah more plainly.

"Forgive my forwardness, Noah, but in all this talk of an advisor who is native to Halo, you haven't offered yourself to the position. Is it humility, or would you object to the role if it was offered to you?" Smoothing a crease in her leggings idly, Evie smiles slightly. "I think you would be the best advisor we could ever hope to have. And while I would be happy to take over foreign relations, you are also someone who can visit Stormbreak safely. I would trust you - and only you - to strengthen our ties with them, if you would be open to the idea." Which is quite a lot to digest, so she falls quiet and merely observes him.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Was it humble for Noah to say that it was his humility that kept him from trying to claim a spot? Well, probably not. But it was true. The people had elected Deimos and Evie to lead them when the preparations for war -- and the likelihood of his death -- had gotten too heavy for him. He wasn't trying to come back in and grab power, but he'd be damned if he did not ensure Halo's safety.

Nodding, Noah agreed."We must make sure that in the wake of the Voice's defeat, the world sees abandoned better than they had before." After all, the Voice had taken her magic and tried to build herself higher and stronger than the gods. In Noah's mind, the demigods current would be able to keep anyone else from trying to take the same kind of power. "The war shook us all, and Remi took a great deal of damage..." Noah said, trailing off as if to infer that Ronin may leave Stormbreak to the hands of someone else. "But I would be more than willing to go, more than willing to  take up the mantle."

Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
It is always a rarity to find as Natural who is sympathetic to the plights of the Abandoned. Outlanders, especially those who came from lands where magic was as easily accepted as the color of one’s hair, were usually the ones to break the mold. Such open-mindedness only further cements her faith in him as her candidate.

“Of course I will consult with Deimos, but I am sure he feels much the same. We trust you, and I’m sure I speak for both of us when I say I would love to have you as our Advisor.” She does wish she could say more of Remi’s wounds, could help any who needed it regardless of time or distance, but she understands the implications; Stormbreak will likely be leaderless for a time. “By no means do you need to go immediately, or even by next season. Take time with your fiancé, recover, regroup; you’ve more than earned it. But I’m relieved to know that whenever you’re ready, we’re on the same page.” That their goals were similarly aligned, that they were both looking to the future even so soon after the war. Striving for peace and equality.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah took in a dep breath through his nose and held it for a moment before letting it out slowly. He tipped his head thankfully as Evie laid her trust on him. A smile touched the corners of his lips. "Halo is our priority." He affirmed. The tip of his head evolved to a nod. "I will. I'll let you know when I plan to go. I'm sure the dragoons -- if there are any remaining -- are trying to help the people as best they can." Though, there was always an underbelly. In times like these, the underbelly often showed more clearly -- and Noah couldn't predict what was in Stormbreak's underbelly, even with his short time of lving there. Standing from his seat, Noah reached his hand out to Evie. "Thank you for meeting with me." Noah said, a smile radiating warmth between them before he departed.

FIN