I've got a lot to pine about
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
walk me home in the dead of night
The world had changed, but it also hadn't.  Since Enzo had died, for Flora at least, everything was in a sort of glacial state. She could see it moving, slowly; could see the shimmer of what had become, but it was veiled from behind a thick layer of ice that kept things distant and distorted.

Walking through the crowded market like a ghost, Flora stuck to the shadows, skulking along like some sort of street urchin. With her messy hair, sunken eyes, and lacklustre..well, everything, she hardly resembled the shiny soul she'd once been. Wearing one of Enzo's sweaters, Flora wrapped her arms around herself as she peered down at the various things on offer in the market. She kept herself from really meeting anyone's gaze, moving along like a ghost anytime it seemed as though someone might be preparing to speak to her.
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Paige
’Cause there were pages turned with the bridges burned
The differences didn't stop at Torchline. Nor did they stop with Flora. It was to be expected. The world of Caido had shattered. How were any of them meant to be unaffected?

Paige was still learning the new layout of her home. It was inspiring how quickly in the time that had passed the Torchers seemed to pull together under her aunt's guidance to construct something relatively safe. Her steps are light as she slips through the crowd of familiar faces and new alike. Many people having transplanted themselves in the time following the war, looking for greener pastures to call home, in hopes of a new start.

As she weaves through the crowds her hands lightly brush against pockets, fingers undoing clasps, and plucking treasures from unsuspecting victims that pass her in the streets. Each item carefully tucked away into a bag at her hip to be inspected later and she's just about to do it again when she recognizes her target. Blue eyes widen and she stops short, grasping Flora by the wrist, pulling her into a side alley with her in a flurry of movement. Her arms are around her in an instant, squeezing so tightly neither girl can likely breathe, "Flora... I'm so glad to see you.."

And while her appearance might have changed. Her face thinning out and her body developing its rightful curves, the voice is unmistakable despite the maturity it possesses, blue eyes shining as she draws back to look up at the taller girl. "Are you okay..?" It was a stupid question. One look at her told Paige that she clearly wasn't, but she asked anyway.
Everything you lose is a step you take
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
The ghost girl was suddenly made corporeal as she found herself grabbed, tugged, and then bound. Panic clogged the back of her throat, choking out whatever scream might otherwise have occupied that space, leaving Flora gasping for air, as she was..

..was..

oh.

Paige. Of course it was Paige. Though the pair hadn't seen one another in..well, Flora didn't know, time was funny lately, there was no one else to whom the voice, the eyes, and the curls could belong. "Hey." Limply returning the hug, the last remaining Kaliesin doesn't bother to fake a smile as she tucks back the feather daggers she'd been reaching for.

"I mean.." There was no good way to answer that particular question, and so Flora just trailed off and shrugged. "How are you?"
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Paige
Paige doesn’t let go of her hand even though she releases her from the hug, thumb brushing lightly over her knuckles as she scans the features of the other girl. Her sparkle was gone. That shining, shimmering thing that had terrified and delighted the Attuned was no where to be seen in Flora’s eyes or heard in her words. The thief heard about Enzo. She’d cried for days, but she knew that was nothing compared to what Flora was feeling. ”Yeah… I know.” Paige murmurs, expression softening as her brows knit together, bottom lip caught between her teeth for a long moment.

”M’okay. Just… getting used to things.” Being older, the new Torchline, and her current way of life. It was a lot to adjust to. Growing quiet for a moment, Paige considers the girl before her, feeling an unease settling in her belly. ”I have some booze and a really great blend that a friend gave me. We could disappear and not think for a bit if you wanted?” The friend was Mateo and that blend was weed with powdered snapdragon that would make anyone forget anything for at least a few hours.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
Where once Flora's hands would have been made soft by expensive lotions, now her skin was tired and rough. Still, her fingers remembered enough to give Paige's own a soft squeeze even if Flora was unaware that she'd done it at all.

"Yeah..I remember when we.." Her stomach tenses and her teeth click shut as if her body was suddenly preparing to vomit. But this isn't the first time she'd inadvertently mentioned her twin, and over the weeks and months Flora has gotten quite good and swallowing down her despair. "..first aged up. It can be really weird." She agrees flatly.

Normally the offer of alcohol and drugs would have had Flora shaking her head no, but today? Why the Frey not.

"Actually, that sounds amazing. I'd love to not have a single thought in my head."
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige
There might not be an attuned bond tethering their souls together, but Paige had a knack for reading people. It was something she'd had plenty of practice doing and would only continue to develop as the years went on. Flora's slip up wasn't missed and Paige's fingers tighten minutely around the other girl's, brushing lightly across her knuckles in a whisper of skin as she makes her offer to take away everything that's ailing the abandoned twin.

She doesn't say anything else. Instead she gives her a light tug, pulling her down the alley and through the side streets, weaving in and out until they're slipping into the back of a building. The lights are dim, lanterns casting flickering shadows across the walls as she raises the wick on one of them, allowing for a bit more light to illuminate the cozy space. "Make yourself comfortable." Paige says, motioning towards the pile of lounging pillows and low table that are set up in the middle, clearly overflow from the Halenani.

Disappearing for a moment, the Attuned reemerges seconds later with a bottle, two glasses, and a small case of something else in her hands. Plopping down onto the pillows across from Flora, she sets everything down on the table, slowly opening up the case. "Have you ever had Snapdragon before?"
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
Pale, looking and feeling as weightless and unsustainable as a ghost, Flora trickles along behind Paige. She hardly knows where they're going—not that it matters—but as they slide through a door, Flora has to blink more than a few times to let her eyes adjust.

'Mmmm, it smells so good in here.' Compliments had always come easily to Flora, and though this was said without the girl's normal sparkle, it was certainly true. The more unsavoury scents from the brothel were well disguised by a floral canopy of smells that seemed to hang in the air.

Kneeling down and picking absently at one of her sleeves, she glances up at the mention of Snapdragon, before turning her gaze to the small case in Paige's hands. "Uhm.." Briefly, she considers lying. It's what she would normally have done, but...gods, what was the point? "No. Mateo makes it, but I've never..." Trailing off, she shakes her head.
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige
While Paige had never considered herself girly or one to care about things like the aesthetics of a room. Her little hideaway certainly had an aesthetic. Bohemian and warm with the smell of floral incense hanging in the air, the same scent Flora was smelling now, added a certain charm to the space. Along with the lush jewel toned fabrics the Attuned had chosen.

Paige smiles softly at the compliment. Even though it was lacking her typical Flora sparkle, it was still genuine and she knew that, "Thank you. I have some extra you can take back with you." Maybe it would bring her some comfort at home, too.

Setting the case down, the Attuned kneels down beside her, reaching up to lightly tuck a stray limp curl behind her ear. "That's fine. Just needed to know so I can give us a proper amount." Her words are a soft murmur as her fingers brush against Flora's jaw lightly before dropping away and back to the case. "It'll make you feel warm all over. Like you're wrapped up in the softest blanket you can imagine and floating in clouds. Then it's nothing but bliss." Mind numbing bliss and happiness. Nothing bad can hurt you there and Paige is going to make sure that nothing bad hurts Flora while she's here either.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
The little room felt intimate in a way Flora couldn't describe. It was something about the low lighting, the inviting jewel tones and the fabrics that demanded to be felt beneath her fingertips. Looking up slowly with eyes which were already glassy, Flora only notices the presence of Paige's fingers after they're gone; keenly feeling the cool wake that her touch had left.

"That sounds exactly like what I need." The older? girl murmurs as she also tucks a strand of hair behind her ears. "Everything has just felt...so heavy, you know? And everyone keeps telling me to get over it and move on, and take care of myself, and.." Trailing off, though her lips curve slightly the resulting expression certainly isn't a smile, but a mask of grief.
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige
"Fuck what everyone says." Paige growls with a fierceness that would have been startling if it wasn't for the fact that she's always been overly protective of those she considers her people. Flora was one of them. Enzo had been too. Her blue eyes lift back to Flora as she carefully rolls up the blunt, tongue wetting the paper before tightly sealing it down, careful of the extra Snapdragon dust on her fingers. "Take care of yourself, but feel whatever the fuck you need to feel. Move on when you're ready to move on. You can't just push this away. That won't change anything. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar." Brushing her thumb along the inside of her gums to remove the last of the dust, Paige grabs her book of matches, lighting one up and sparking up the end of the blunt.

Inhaling deeply, she holds it, eyes fluttering as the familiar burn and heaviness sinks into her limbs. A delightful shiver rolling through her as a slow smile curls on her lips and she releases the smoke in a stream, careful to blow it away from Flora's face, eyes half lidded as they flutter open. Holding the blunt between her fingers, Paige raises up on her knees, shifting closer to Flora until she's almost straddling her lap, "I'm going to make it better, okay? Just trust me. Inhale deeply, hold it as long as you can, and then exhale. It's okay if you cough."

The technically older girl murmurs, cupping the back of Flora's head, thumb pressing to the underside of her jaw as she tilts her head back and gently urges her to part her lips. Bringing the blunt back up to her own, Paige draws in another hit, holding it primarily in her mouth before her lips are sealed loosely around Flora's in an almost kiss. Smoke exhales from her into Flora in a slow, steady stream until there is nothing left to give and only then does Paige draw back, pressing on her jaw so she closes her mouth. "Hold it. Just like that. Now exhale..."
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
Paige's words are blunt in a way that clashes with the soft dreamy colours sticking to every surface. It makes Flora stiffen in the best possible way; not out of dislike, but as if her friend's fierceness has emboldened her somehow. Smiling softly, she nods, slowly at first. "Yeah." She agrees. "Fuck what everyone says."

Watching Paige roll and seal whatever it is they're going to be smoking, Flora lets the Attuned's advice roll over her like a wave, or like the whorls of smoke which are sure to come once their blunt is lit.

Tilting her head back slowly as Paige rises, Flora's expression is one of utter understanding and confidence despite having precisely no idea what the attuned was going to do next. "Of course." She purrs in response even as her mind whirls with anxiety. Letting her head be tipped back, Flora parts her lips as she gazes up into Paige's eyes. The only time she'd been kissed by another woman had been that weird Amanda girl who'd treated it like an act of indiscretion before running away. There had been Jack too, though nothing the captain ever did felt as slow and sweet as this.

Even with all these thoughts swirling about, it's still with a small gasp of surprise that Flora's lips meet Paige's. Of course, this has the smoke flowing into the back of her throat, leaving the girl helplessly holding in a cough even though she'd promised herself that she wouldn't. As Paige draws back, Flora tilts her chin to her shoulder as if to wipe something away; in reality she's trying to hide the blush flushing her cheeks both out of embarrassment as much the sudden plume of heat in her belly. "Sorry, I...I wasn't ready." She murmurs, turning back.

"Try again?"
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige
She’s had a first kiss since asking Mateo about it. A few throw away things with other kids at the brothel who knew more than they should about such acts, but had very little real practice. This wasn’t a real kiss. Not when the intention was blowing smoke into Flora’s lungs so the Accepted could forget for a while. Yet when she draws back, catching the flush on the other girl’s cheeks and the sweet way she ducks her chin, a heat suddenly sparks low in her belly. Licking her lips, Paige hums quietly, a self-satisfied smirk curling on her lips as her bright eyes spark in the jeweled light. ”Don’t apologize, petal. You’re much too good for that.” She drawls, words stringing together just as lazily as the smoke swirls from the still smoldering end of the blunt.

”Of course.” Paige feeds the words back to her, bringing the blunt back to her own lips and taking another long draw from it as her fingers slip into her hair this time, nails scratching lightly at the base of her scalp as she tilts her head back. Soft lips slant over Flora’s, exhaling the smoke into her mouth again, but she doesn’t pull away this time, instead choosing to shift closer still. Warmth from her proximity and the Snapdragon working through her system suffuses her body, loosening her inhibitions as she kissed her properly, tongue tracing her bottom lip before licking into her mouth as if she can taste the smoke the lingers there.

She can and it earns Flora a quiet hum of appreciation, hand tightening in her limp curls as the other still holds onto the blunt, careful to keep any embers from falling onto the ghost girl who is slowly returning to corporeality in her presence. Only when she can feel the beat of Flora’s heart echoing in time with her own moments later does she break the kiss, lids heavy as she gazes down at her, ”Was that better?”
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
Petal sounds like the sort of thing Enzo would have called her, and the painful burn of his name in her mind combined with the sudden weight in her bones has the heat in Flora's belly kindling.

Parting her lips again but not before taking in a breath and holding it, Flora melts into the feeling of Paige's nails against her head and the soft feeling of her lips against her own once more. Petals, she thinks, as if that's all their lips were; just lazy petals caught in a warm snapdragon breeze.

The snapdragon has increased the volume of everything, such that the soft sounds from Paige resonate nearly as loudly as the drum of her own heartbeat. It's as intoxicating as the smoke, and Flora has to fight to keep from laughing with bright frustration at just how much everything is.

Only when Paige pulls away does Flora feel like she has any control of her senses. Letting her lashes flutter open slowly, she huffs out the breath she'd been holding. Realizing that at some point she'd placed her hands on Paige's thighs to, presumably, hold the girl in place over her, Flora bashfully softens the pressure of her fingertips though keeps her hands where they were.

"Yeah.." She agrees, swallowing, and trying not to drown in the dusky blue of Paige's eyes. "Is...that how you normally do it?"
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige
It’s better than it has any right to be. Flora is soft and sweet. She blooms for her with each caress of her lips, sighing into her mouth with exhales perfumed by snapdragon smoke and Paige wants to drown in her suddenly. The Attuned registers the weight on her thighs after their lips part, suddenly able to take in other parts of her body without their lips connected and that touch is just as good as all others, urging her to rock forward slightly into the light pressure that remains. Shivering as a myriad of sensation shivers over her nerves, Paige huffs a laugh, shaking her head as she fights the urge to run her nose along Flora’s throat in favor of holding her gaze instead.

”No, but I wanted to make it easier for you.” And if it was an excuse to kiss her? Well, Paige wouldn’t deny that one either. She’s harbored a crush on Flora for longer than she’d like to admit. Always in awe of the girl’s beauty and ability to breeze through life. ”Want to make everything easier for you.” Paige finds herself saying, not realizing the words have slipped past her lips, but she chases them with another inhale from the blunt before setting it down in the small ashtray on the table.

Her hands finally free to trail up Flora’s sides over the sweater she’s hiding under, fingers skating across her exposed shoulders and collarbones before tracing up the slender column of her throat, ”How do you feel?”