up above the world so high

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
every bait and switch was a work of art
Within the dreams of those who have pledged themselves to Safrin, stars begin to sparkle on the outskirts of their slumbering consciousness'. Whatever is being dreamt of slowly blurs and fades as the contours of the world take on a sharpness that signals a certain amount of wakefulness. Not full wakefulness, oh no; the star-saturated stretch of midnight and the inexplicably dense clouds beneath their feet--not to mention the ocean far, far below--indicate that this is very much still a dream.

"Don't be scared. I won't let you fall." Safrin whispers, appearing in the midst of a section of cloud in a gown made of nothing but twirling starlight.

Open to those who have Safrin as their chosen deity (on their profiles), but specifically Deimos, Noah, Maeve, Ronin, Sah.

This thread does not 'take place' anywhere; you're all dreaming!
you're the one prize i'd cheat to win
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
I won't stop breathing 'til my heart stops beating
Despite the man taking on the form of the bear, he still dreamt. Much like in his human skin, the Sentinel twitched and his forehead wrinkled, though it was hard to tell now under the thick white fur. Cordelia curled up near him, her belly tucked safely against his side. They often slept like this these days, with Cordelia so affected by the cold that clung to their realm. Noah was able to bring her the warmth of his massive body and the comfort of his soft fur. It worked well for them, and on the days she needed extra, she would curl even tighter against him in the form of a little red fox.

But this wasn't about what was happening in the waking world.

The bright green and beaming sun of the Greenwing faded. The bear twitched. Rarely these days, however, did he dream himself a bear even if it was the skin he slept in. No, he was always himself. Truly a man. He was now, even as the Greenwing swirled and faded, and clouds surrounded him. The crashing of the ocean was dull as if Noah's blood was pounding in his ears, but everything seemed to still when the voice reached him. The hunter turned, his eyebrows lifting and his body relaxing in her gaze. "Safrin." He breathed, a half-smile pulling at the left corner of his mouth.

NOAH
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
yet my blood renders me a King
One moment Sah had been dozing off against the wall from where he sat and guarded his sleeping pups and companions. The war was over, but the tension and overprotective tenancies remained.

In the next moment, the Abandoned was dreaming of stars. Opening his eyes, they widened as he took in the surroundings and people present. But most importantly, noting the Goddess present. The moment he caught sight of her, the tension bled out of shoulders. Caution and wariness turning into curiosity and contentedness as a small smile came to his face.

Inclining his head briefly in respect, Sah greeted the Goddess, he had sworn himself to, "Safrin. It is good to see you." Straightening, he waited at attention for whatever orders or words she intended for the group.
Sah
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
I will fight the end
Ronin is sorry, because he doesn't truly want to be here. Not even in his dreams.

But that doesn't mean he isn't here, fretfully asleep and deeply dreaming, the Huntsman appearing swathed in clouds with starlight twinkling in his eyes, reflected in the form his goddess is taking.

"Lady of the stars," he murmurs, dropping to one knee as if it is second nature for him - because let's be honest, it is. If he notices Noah, he doesn't show it, his eyes all for his goddess and whatever they have brought them here to do.

And if there's a twist of fear in the pit of his stomach, so be it. It's not as though he could hide it from Safrin anyway.

'til the end is here

Coding base by Sky!
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Change author:
JACK
hellraiser
risk taker
All these demigods can speak for themselves; there's no fear in Jack, and any reverence barely needs to be spoken or seen, not in his subconscious. Safrin walks his dreams as freely as she likes, and said dreams are usually a lot more interesting, even by this early point in the evening. Jack gazes down through the clouds to the Arclight far below, a smile curling across his lips, before his blue eyes return to the goddess before them.

"If I'd known this would be a special occasion, I'd have worn somethin' a little more impressive," he murmurs; and clearly it is special, because there are other people around. Usually it's just Jack, his endless, psychadelic worship, and a lot (a lot) of Safrin.
full speed ahead
'til i'm dead
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

When Maeve’s dreams are disturbed she’s simply grateful for the fact that it’s not a lingering nightmare that still creep up on her. Instead it’s like coming home and she sighs in her sleep before entering into the dream. Even here the crown of starlight sits atop her brow, her own gown delicate and lace trimmed, hugging the curves of her body. Briefly her eyes scan the others, but they don’t linger long, instead landing back on Safrin with a soft smile.

Her head dips as she lowers herself into a curtsy before straightening once more, hands clasped before her and shoulders squared, ”Good evening, Lady Safrin… You’re lovely as always.” Not that it needed to be said. It was clear to anyone who was here, but Maeve was sure to pay her respects with the compliment.
when you are not fed love on a silver spoon
you learn to lick it off of knives

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
We're lost in the space between
who we are and all that we're trying to be

It'd been a long time since he’d dreamt about stars. Lately it had been blood and bones, fangs and blades, circuitry wrapped around napes like nooses; and all of it faded to a something cosmic, with clouds and mist, with galaxies and midnights. Perhaps that was all the signal he needed, required, for his mind to hone in on the clusters below his feet and the piercing weight that another notion and moment was taking shape.

Safrin’s voice edged and honed, causing the sharpness in his skull to signify further – eyes going towards the others who’d joined. Uncertain if the apprehension should’ve been there, clustered in the notches of his spine, or other figments entirely, he waited, watching, before bowing his own head towards the goddess. “Safrin,” a rumbled greeting, the silent consternation and inquiries beginning to brew.

DEIMOS
Stop trying to show how to save our souls
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 9 - Strg: 34 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 40 - Luck: 36 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Hadama's dreams were slow and deep and filled with whalesong that echoed reassuringly through the underwater palace. It was not so unusual to dream of stars within the sea, but the clouds were strange and the sight of the ocean below him--

But before he could feel any fear Safrin's voice wrapped around him, warm and reassuring, and his eyes turned towards the goddess, calmly trusting. If it was not a dream then it was divine magic, and either way he felt safe in her presence.

The tip of his tail swept idly through a cloud without his noticing as he bent his head in a deep bow of respect and worship to his Lady. He had her ring upon his finger and nothing else to show his kingship to those gathered, friends and strangers alike.

But then, he needed nothing else.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
They arrive in their own time, which, given the strange nature of time in dreams, is perfectly fine. "Noah." Perhaps the only one of them who will arrive whose loyalty is not firstly to her, he is still more than welcome. He is followed by Sah, who as always looks as though he feels he doesn't belong in her presence. For him Safrin's smile is radiant, dimming only slightly at Ronin 's appearance. "Never kneel, my star." She whispers softly before Jack tugs at her attention and laughter slips from her lips. "It is a dream darling, you can wear whatever you like."

Turning starbright eyes to Maeve, the goddess smiles warmly. "As are you, my Nightshade." Then, of course, ever the conversationalist, Deimos arrives. "Deimos." Safrin answers, perhaps a touch teasingly. Last but not least to arrive is Hadama, who will find that the clouds feel to him like warm currents. "Hadama." She sings with pride.

'I'm sure you've wondered why I called you all here." Safrin begins, sweeping her hands in a gesture that has chairs and couches forming out of clouds around those gathered. "I wanted to apologize for my absence over the past year. Vi and I.." Glancing at Noah with a small smile, she continues. "..have been busy. With all the new creations Rae has made, there has been much to breathe life into. I'm sure you noticed the darkening of the sky right after the Battle, and that certainly took some doing to change."

Sitting herself, Safrin drags at a bit of the cloud to form it into a blanket over her lap.

"For those of you who went onto the Mountain.." Noah, Deimos, Ronin, and Maeve. Safrin pulls in a breath and gives her head a shake. All of them have seen the goddess in various shades before, but never before will she have seemed so far from the pillar of bright power she normally presents herself to be. It's the only way her appreciation can be seen as genuine, in her mind. "The things you have done and what you have endured...the wounds you suffered to protect this land..if you wish it, I am happy to find ways to repair what has been done to you."

Posting: This round is just Maeve, Deimos, Noah, and Ronin. No order.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
We're lost in the space between
who we are and all that we're trying to be

He waited for something to drop, for some other gut-wrenching nuance; but for now, it was chairs and couches, explanations honed for absences and darkened skies. Deimos had never required any clarifications from the goddess – presuming she, and all the others, had been working on recovering, on repairing, on unfurling the damage wrought and then everything thereafter. “Understandable,” was a whisper and a nuance, permitting a slight, hesitant smile to regard one corner of his mouth.

Sitting down, he glanced at the others as they were addressed, and then his head bowed once more, eternally listening. Only at the offer did his gaze spring back up towards the deity, on repairs, on healing nuances.

And though he’d never been a vain creature, taking hold a semblance of pride in each scar borne, in each brutality he’d survived, the persistence of one in particular, crawling along the edges of chest and shoulder, had been enough to conjure distaste. Not for the blemish itself, nor the meaning surrounding it, but the essence left behind of the Core – as if it was still permitted to remain, in some shade, in some way. Musing and mulling, he eventually allowed another rumble through the dreamlike haze. “Could this scar be removed?” Pointing towards where the Core’s demigod had chiseled straight through armor and skin, deep into the rivulets of his flesh, patterns of circuits and unnatural states.

And if not, it had been worth it to ask. “Thank you,” because the offer might’ve been enough.

DEIMOS
Stop trying to show how to save our souls
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Change author:
I will fight the end
Dutifully rising to his feet and offering a gentle nod of understanding to his goddess, Ronin can't help but feel the tension in his muscles unspool at the sound of Safrin's voice in earnest. Had it really been so long since he'd last been in her presence? Perhaps that is where the apprehension has come from - he doesn't know, truthfully.

But he glances up to hear her out, a soft smile curling at his lips, and as Deimos speaks up he gazes across to the other man as if seeing him for the first time, resisting the urge to raise his hand in a wave. It isn't really the time, he supposes.

"You are very generous," he murmurs to Safrin, "but I am content with the scars I bear. If you would bestow your mercy on anyone, I would beg it be given to Remi." Plainly said, he doesn't expect her to even entertain the idea (and even if it weren't for her opinion of the Lullaby, why would she? He doesn't belong to her).

"But if not, it is enough to be able to stand in your presence again. You have been missed."

'til the end is here

Coding base by Sky!
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
I won't stop breathing 'til my heart stops beating
His name coming off of her lips makes Noah’s half-smile broaden. The others arrive and Noah gives each of them a glance, but it is Safrin who holds his true attention. The heral kid had called him here, so there must be a reason. Those that gathered who would need his attention could come seek him in Halo.

The clouds formed to furniture and Noah took a seat in the chair that formed around him. He kept his glacier eyes and his smiling face turned to the goddess as she spoke. Noah nodded with understanding — his offerings had been left for them both over the last year, but he had not had a time with them. Caido was their first priority, and he knew that. When she moved on to the war, and the scars they sustained, Noah’s forearms tensed and he curled his fingers to loosely held fists.

He remembered the feeling of the Core’s demigod’s teeth tearing and ripping at skin and muscle, the way his blood covered it’s head, before Noah was able to removed it from his shoulders. Had the others not been there to hold Atticus, Noah was sure he could have lost one — if not both — of his arms from the elbow down based on the rusted attack. ”Safrin, you are generous.” Noah started, flexing his forearms beneath his shirt and releasing his fists. ”Since the war my aim has not been as true as before. To regain the strength and nerve pathways I had in my arms would be a gift.”

NOAH
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The compliment rolls off of Safrin's lips without hesitation and warmth suffuses Maeve's cheeks, blooming through her chest as she lifts her head all the higher, not allowing herself to shrink into herself despite the presence of the others. Explanation isn't necessary. Not for any of them. Least of all her. Still, the Nightshade listens raptly, hanging on to every word as the goddess offers them apology for not coming sooner.

What comes next is beyond anything even the Queen could have been prepared for. Her breath catches, lashes fluttering as the words ring out, echoing in her mind. Healed. The mental scars might remain for some time, but the physical could be removed and that in itself was a start. "Safrin... That is incredibly gracious of you. The scars on my back and shoulders. They still hurt and limit my mobility. If I could heal those I would be forever grateful." She murmurs, dipping her head once more towards the starry goddess.
Oh your mouth is poison
Your mouth is wine
The Nightshade

Change author:
It did not escape Safrin's notice that Deimos asked. So stoic and steadfast the goddess thought perhaps she'd have to pry an answer out of him lest he appear weak or selfish in front of the others. That there had been no need made her smile, and it was with an immediate nod that she extended her hands to her. Golden light dazzles between her palms before slowly stretching and ebbing forward to completely cover the Sword's scar. Instantly it diminishes, discolours, and then disappears leaving only the very faintest spattering of freckles on his skin in the shape of varying constellations.

Safrin's smile dims at the mention of Remi, as surely Ronin knew it would. Just as this wasn't the time nor place for waving, nor was it an appropriate time to speak her mind to her Huntsman. Instead, the goddess merely shrugs, splaying her gold-soaked hands. "Remi is not mine to heal." She murmurs, pained that Ronin's mention of missing her seemed to come as an afterthought to his husband.

Next she looks to Noah, her smile falling away to be replaced with a soft frown of understanding. Anything less than the truest of aim to a hunter might as well be a death sentence, especially in Halo. The light between her fingers shifts and forms itself into the shape the veins within an arm, before softly melting forward to settle against Noah's hand and forearm. Sinking down into his skin, the Sentinal will feel a spark of ferocious and incredible power that eventually fades down, yielding his full range of motion once again.

Finally comes Maeve, who has proven one of the most loyal in all of this. Instead of fibres of veins, now the golden light melts together like a blanket that falls over the Nightshade's back. It sinks into her skin and then her bones, soothing away the damaged tissue and releasing her muscles of their constant tension from carrying around such pain.

"There now." She breathes with a smile for each of them, before turning her gaze to Sah, Jack, and Hadama to welcome them close. "I am sure you have questions. If you do, I would be happy to hear them."

No posting order!