Mini Event As Above, So Below
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
The sun was setting in a conflagration of brilliant reds and golds when the mermanta surfaced and hauled himself with deceptive ease onto a large, flat rock near the shoreline. His gold-scarred tail trailed half into the water, but from the raised position he could address the shore folk on more equal footing – so to speak. In one hand he held a trident tipped in starfire, but otherwise the dark-skinned, steely-haired man with the emerald eyes and muscular torso bore no obvious crown or symbol of his authority.

He looked around with a calm serenity, nodding gratefully to those who he knew as they arrived and greeting those he didn’t with solemn, silent courtesy. When all those who were intending to come seemed to have gathered he took a breath and raised his quiet voice so all could hear him.

”Thank you for coming.” His voice was a slow, sonorous rumble. ”I seek suggestions for how to improve the relationship between our peoples. Ways to communicate between our cities. Projects that we may undertake together.” He hesitated, the inclined his head in acknowledgment. ”I do not promise immediate change. Or swift. But at the very least… a beginning.”
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RAY
In ancient times
cats were worshipped as gods
When Ray had heard what Hadama had planned, of course she showed up. The mer was her friend and ally. She was more than happy to show her support and be here today, both for him and as part of her position on Torchline's council. When Hadama's eyes met hers while he scanned the crowd, she gave the King a small smile and a thumbs up.

When Hadama finished his introductory speech, the herbalist stepped forward. "I think it's a wonderful idea. The war proved just how vital it is that we cooperate. It took both Merfolk and those on land to keep Torchline safe. I would love to see our cities continue to cooperate. And I think establishing a reliable means of relaying information from one to another is a great start. Perhaps some kind of expedited method or mechanism to send messages?"

Being able to quickly send and receive information and warnings would be an incredible asset to both cities. But finding a way to send letters or messages efficiently and securely was a difficult undertaking, and one that likely would require the aid of the Gods.
They have not
forgotten this
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
never be so kind you forget to be clever
Was one of her closest friends King of the Merfolk? Why yes, yes he was. Though Flora and Hadama weren't particularly close, the girl wasn't really close with anyone post-Enzo's death, rendering that first statement technically true. And you know what? That's what we're going with.

'Hey.' Waving a ringed-hand, Flora looks only vaguely more like herself these days. Sitting down, she glances toward Ray and twitches her lips thoughtfully before nodding. "Maybe we could have stands of manta crystals all along the beach so that us AiR BreAtHerS--" Flora grins as she says this. "-can come down to see you more easily?"

If Enzo were here surely he'd have some grand and fantastic idea to communicate to this little gathering. Pushing those thoughts away, Flora takes a breath. "Or maybe some magical way of...you know, duplicating the messages that are on our notice boards to yours, and yours to ours?"
the Tidebreaker

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
It was a small crowd, but Hadama was undaunted by it. Quality had always mattered more to him than quantity and he was pleased to see at least two good friends - yes, Flora, that included you - had come to offer their ideas.

He nodded solemnly to Ray's support and in agreement with her suggestion of improved communications.

Flora's initial suggestion drew a thoughtful tilt of his head, neither agreement nor disagreement as he considered it, but her second brought a firm nod of approval from the mermanta. "Yes," he rumbled, eager for the idea of linking the message boards in his calm and stoic way. "It would take magic to do so. Human magic, I think." Nothing the Mer could do was in the realm of Creation magic, and that was what this project would probably entail... "Does anyone know of an Abandoned who could create such a thing?" He doubted there were many, but it would be easier to ask around of mortals before he bothered the gods for such a a thing.

"Manta crystals... too often require the death of the cloud mantas that grow them." He spoke slowly, considering each word and the ramifications of Flora's initial idea as he came back around to it. "But there are places they often go to die, where crystals can be found. Hmm. I will consider this." He nodded firmly, setting the item onto his royal agenda before turning back to those gathered.

"Ray, would you consider learning to treat Mer as well as humans? Could we construct a dock from your apothecary into the canal?"

As far as he knew, Flora was still in mourning and he wouldn't ask more of her until she was ready to offer it.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
Around you the seas suddenly turn rough. For those in smaller fishing vessels or worse, swimming, things will become quite dangerous indeed. On a large ship or shifted into an aquatic animal is likely the only way one might reasonably expect to see the cause of the disturbance: a sea panther. Only a few hundred years away the beast raises its head from the waves, snarling into the sky, before descending once more into the deep.

You’ve encountered a Sea Panther. This counts as a rare creature encounter for the purposes of levelling, but does not count as a Random Event for levelling or MP. There will be no further admin/re intervention. If you choose to follow this creature, you do so at your own risk, however, just having it in this thread is enough to satisfy your levelling requirements. You may not kill your rare creature without admin permission.

Sea Panther (rare/mythical) - Sea Panthers are rare creatures of monstrous size. As one might think, they have many feline features, including a long tail, paws, fangs, and eyes with vertical pupils. But per their aquatic nature their paws are webbed and wide, everything streamlined, and without fur. Their most notable features are their horns, one on each side in front of their ears. Lore has it these were created by Mort as a gift for Ludo, and as such Sea Panthers are thought to gather the souls of sailors lost at sea. Encountering one is considered an omen of death to come or a blessing from Ludo, depending on circumstance
Ray Lunarium

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Flora's arrival made a sharp slice of sorrow make its way through Ray's heart. The young woman looks better than the last time the herbalist had seen her, but it was clear that her healing had only just begun. Gone was the vibrant and endearing energy and in its place was quiet grief. Her idea however sounded fascinating and the Attuned listened as Hadama contemplated it.

The question of an Abandoned with creation magic made Ray pause. Her initial response would be no, but a distant memory tugged at her. When she had taught Deimos how to craft potions, he'd mentioned off hand that he could create some elixirs with his magic. Maybe he could do more? "I don't know if he can do something like that, but Deimos of Halo can create some things with magic. It might be worthwhile to send him a letter."

Harvesting manta crystals was a complicated manner. Ray would never wish to hunt the creatures for that sole purpose. That was barbaric. She was sure that the mer King would sort out if there was a feasible and ethical way to follow that idea.

Then Hadama addressed her, "Of course!" Ray grinned. "From what I already know, basic emergency first aid is rather similar. I'd love the opportunity to learn more though, and to experiment with oceanic plants and medicines." The idea of adding a dock to her apothecary made her grin widen further. "That's a fantastic idea. I'll add it to my plans." She was already planning out how to expand the small infirmary in her shop into a full clinic. It'd be efficient to add the dock in during those renovations as well.

But then the water is disturbed by a familiar, but much larger shape and Ray's eyes widened in realization. Hadama! There's a sea panther behind you! The Attuned called out via the bond to prevent panic in the crowd.
They have not
forgotten this
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Crinkling her nose, Flora gives her head a shake. "I don't, but I could ask around? Or...I mean, Frey could probably do it easily enough, or Safrin maybe? " As for manta crystals, the girl wasn't going to argue the finer points of killing animals with the likes of Hadama. Killing mantas for their crystals didn't seem importantly different than hunting them for meat, but sure, if there was some stinky mass grave they could go to, by all means. "I wonder if Maeve could just...make that sort of thing happen though, you know? The way she did with the monsoons and the healing waters and the stargate? What if there was a way for all of Torchline to just be more accessible?" Humans who could breathe water, mers who could walk on land.

Unable to hear Ray's cry of warning, Flora instead was focused on the suddenly rough seas. "Wh-?" She begins to murmur before she sees it.

Her fingertips grow cold and she loses sensation in her toes. "Enzo." She whispers softly; when last she, Hadama, Ray, and a sea panther had all been together, her twin had died.

Her..
..enzo had...

And that's when Flora collapses to the ground.
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
Ray provided a name to round out the notice board idea and Hadama nodded agreement at contacting this Deimos. A ruler of distant Halo, he seemed to recall, and a man of intimidating reputation. Flora's ideas were met with equal quiet approval. "If Deimos cannot, then I will ask the gods," he agreed.

Her other idea, however, was of a far greater scope than Hadama had dared to plan, and he blinked, taken aback at the sudden expansion of the ideas they'd been tossing around. He was about to ask Flora for more details when the water grew rough around him and he had to fight the sudden choppiness of the sea with grim brute strength. Ray's exuberance turned to fear and he spun in the waves in time to see the Sea Panther surface and snarl at the sky.

This was no kitten. The humans on land might be able to flee to safety but Hadama knew death's shape and he set his trident grimly, with no intention of going down without a fight.

This time, however, the oceanic feline subsided and slipped away without further mayhem. Not that the King lowered his guard just yet as he held his position in the water, eyes searching above and below the waves as they washed over him. Is she hurt? he asked Ray, mental voice calm but carrying an underlying tension of memory and the echoes of loss from the last time they had encountered one of Ludo's companions.
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray let out a sigh of relief when the panther ignored them and continued on its way. But she didn't have much time to relax as Flora went down. Enzo flashed before her eyes and the herbalist raced over\, dropping a knee to check on the girl. "Flora? Can you hear me?" The herbalist checked the girl's pulse and was relieved to hear it going steady and strong, if not a little elevated.

She's ok, just unconscious. Gently lifting Flora's head into her lap, Ray checked for bruising or other signs of trauma. Thankfully the damage appeared minimal. But she'd certainly have to check her for a concussion when she woke up. We can talk more about our plans later. I'm going to get her to my infirmary once she comes to. The herbalist wasn't sure she was strong enough to carry the teen all the way to her shop.
They have not
forgotten this
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
Ray's voice came from a world away, somewhere full of sunshine and sand. Where Flora was just now was a world of darkness and ease; calm blues and warm purples pulsed like stars overhead, as her body relaxed and her breathing deepened.

Unless someone had something significant on their person by way of smelling salts, Flora was going to be down for the count. Hopefully Ray could help her out, but if not, it wasn't as though being passed out on one of Torchline's beaches was any great novelty. Whether by drink, by brawl, or by...well, PTSD I suppose you call it, another dosing body on the sand wouldn't rouse too much suspicion.
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
"I can carry her to your infirmary," Hadama rumbled, a worried frown marring his usually stoic features as his young friend remained unconscious. He looked back to Ray, his voice calm and steady in spite of the concern he felt, which flickered through the bond like static discharge as it occasionally slipped his control. "She cannot drown while she is with me."

His ring ensured it, but so did his stubborn pride and determination to protect the child in a teenager's body who had already lost so much.

The water of the Miana Pool rose and slid across the sand to lift Flora gently and carry her back to Hadama's waiting arms. With a firm nod to the apothecary, he gathered the blonde girl close and dove down into the water, heading for the break in the Pool's barrier stones that would take him out to open sea and back around the coast to Haulani's canals. It was the long way around, but easier for him to carry Flora's dead weight than for Ray to manage the same.

Suffice to say the meeting was over for the day. But there had been some good ideas raised and there was now much to think about.

~Fin~