(open) the new Potatnial
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Not the strongest win the battle —
A port. It was only natural that people now after the year have tried to adapt. there was some fish to eat ebnso he talked here and there with people to inform them about the area here. He also informed himself about the prices and the area. Rumors were also something that had to be taken into account. He tried to walk the route to get a rough feel for the area. It would be good to get a boat here. He was lucky to travel with Philasion back then. He knows quite a bit about the sea and its ways. It remains to be seen if he can use this knowledge here.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
walk me home in the dead of night
Arriving on a large schooner having come from Torchline, Flora was boat-lagged and wind-swept when she stepped onto the landing. Jack Tar, huh? She wondered if her Jack, had anything to do with the naming of this place. Well, not that he was her, Jack but..well you know.

Dressed simply in a pale sweater and leggings, though Flora looked nothing much like the effervescent creature she normally was seen to be, now that she'd been able to have a proper goodbye with her twin, she was starting to heal. The cracks still showed through, and though many might point out that it had been over a year since Enzo's death and that she should move on, Flora had always done things in her own time, and would grieve just as long as she pleased.

Not expecting to see a familiar face milling about, the last remaining Kaliesin called out brightly to the former-dwarf. "Darkeye! Hey!"
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye took a moment to be sure of where was called. He followed the voice and looked around. When he saw Flora, he waved at her, pulling his thick winter coat a little tighter. Looking at him, one could think he was an old sea dog. The only things missing are the whistle and the captain's cap. He had seen Flora shortly before everything started. He did not know where quite how he should deal with her. But she had survived, and he was glad to see her.

He waved to her from one of the footbridges. "Hey Flora I hope you got time and want to drink something? If so, I'll buy you one." he said in her direction and pointed to the pub.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Flora had heard a rumour about Neron...that he'd died during the war, but it couldn't be true. Ascended were really hard to kill after all. He was probably just...asleep, somewhere. In his bar, maybe? But the number one reason he couldn't be dead, is that Flora still had a lingering crush on him, and was determined to have him ask her out on a date. So you see, he had to be alive.

"Perfect suggestion, I was going to head to the pub actually." The girl says with a grin, coming to stand at Darkeye's side. 'I was actually going to try and find Neron...have...you seen him lately?" She wonders innocently.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
At first it’s a murmur, then a symphony. Voices all out with laughter and conversation. As you look around the voices change to cries, screams. The words ‘Sparkbird’ and ‘Lady!’ call out in fearful tones. As a fin cuts through the water it becomes clear. You’ve just heard the fall of the Hollowed Grounds to the Sparkbird, recorded by the voices of passing Echo sharks. Good luck sleeping tonight.

You’ve encountered a pack of echo sharks. This counts as a common creature encounter for the purposes of levelling, but does not count as a Random Event for levelling or MP. There will be no further admin/re intervention. If you choose to follow this creature, you do so at your own risk, however, just having it in this thread is enough to satisfy your levelling requirements.

Echo Shark (common) - A dwarf species of shark known for hunting in packs, the Echo Shark can live in both freshwater and saltwater. They are able to mimic any sound they’ve heard and band together to increase their range of vocals. The sharks use the words and sounds they’ve learned to lure unsuspecting prey into the water, where the sharks will then leap up and drag them into the waves.

Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
He was happy when the girl came up to him. "Let's talk about it over a drink." Then he turned in the direction of the shark. "If you want to live, fish, keep quiet and swim away." An axe at his side was ready to throw. But unfortunately, he had to tell another person that one of his loved ones had not survived the war, and that was not best done with the noises that were responsible for it. It was a macabre reminder.

The noises of the name everything was there again. The explosions. If only he had been faster. He might have been able to save a few more, but that left him with only his duty. So he ran the fish only with a warning and went slowly towards the fart. "We'll talk inside away from the loud noises," he said and quickly tried to get into the warm pup.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"Oohhhhkay." Flora replies sounding youthful in the way she drew out her agreement in a sing-song tone. Glancing sharply over her shoulder towards the docks, the girl frowns at the water and the voices within. "Wh-?" Brows furrowed, Flora takes her cue from Darkeye and those around who don't seem particularly worried. "Where is that sound coming from?" She wonders, hurrying after the blacksmith.

Once inside the pub, Flora smoothes down her hair, then her shirt, before finally fussing with the pockets of her pants. It was out of nervousness more than any concern about her outfit choice—this was Flora after all, of course she looked perfect—but something in Darkeye's tone had suggested...well, that bad news was on the horizon.

Still, plastering on a smile, she takes a seat in one of the booths, trying not to look overly hard behind the bar for where Neron should be. "Sooooo?" She hums, still smiling.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
He sighs for a moment. "I've only heard rumors about them, but they're echo sharks. They were there when the Spark bird was here, and they recorded the sounds that were made then and are now playing them back. A horror for those who survived it." It was also a reminder that he had failed. Every time he was reminded of it. It got on his nerves a bit and often led him to rethink everything he had done wrong.

Darkeye thought about how he should tell her. Since she had asked so clearly about Nero, the assumption was that she might have considered him a friend or even more. But when she smoothed everything out before going to the tavern and checked her appearance, it was more likely that she saw more in him. He cleared his throat. "There is no easy way to say this-...He fought bravely on the Grounds, trying to bring down the Sky bird. He has given many people the opportunity to escape. Unfortunately, he died in the process. I couldn't stop it, I'm sorry." Not that he would have done it for Neron. Maybe for the others or if he had killed the Sky bird. But he would also have tried to kill a weakened Neron.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"Frey's sake." Flora says sharply, frowning with disgust at Darkeye's description of the creatures. "That's terrible." She adds, rubbing her palms up the sides of her arms and giving her head a little shake.

Biting at the inside of her lip that she might keep it from quivering as the former-dwarf delivered the news, the girl lets her gaze fall towards the edge of the table as heat and colour rush into her cheeks. "Oh." It's all she can say as her eyes fill with tears that feel as bitter and useless as she does in the wake of all this death.

Swiping quickly at her cheeks, Flora sits back in her chair and folds her arms tightly across her chest as if she might protect herself from the chill of the news and render it unreal. "Oh, well...I..mm." With no words, Flora merely swallows hard, chewing on the inside of her cheek.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
He just nodded and opened the door for her into the poop. Where it smelled of alcohol cigarettes and sweat as well as some fish. So just the right pup for Darkeye. He liked the boat ride. Philiasaon won the title of the King of the Seas because he once sailed around his known world. He saved his life and took him with him on this journey.

Darkeye was now looking at her somewhat questioningly. "It's okay for you to cry, Flora. You don't have to hold back. It helps and makes us feel a little better. Don't hold back. May I ask what connected you and Nero? " he tried to ask, maybe he would learn why she was acting that way. She was clearly holding back her feelings, but why? The death of someone important was allowed to affect one and mourning was perfectly okay.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"Uhm.." Flora's fingers rub distractedly at her cheeks, not wanting to cry lest it ruin her makeup. Still, the weight of another death was tugging at the tears forming behind her eyes. "We uhm...we met at one of those festival things." How long ago had it been? Gods it was so hard to remember. "He was really nice to me and we just...sort of hit it off. I came back to visit him a few times, and I guess I always thought that there would be more time."

Time for what? Friendship? Romance?

Yes.

Rubbing one hand up the side of her arm, the girl let her gaze fall to the surface of their table. It was far easier to look at the water-stains on the wood than to imagine Neron's handsome smile.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye nods, trying to order the words for himself and make sense of them. "It was a kind of chemistry between you. That's why you were in the Grounds then you were looking for him. I see. His bar is still there, but it's closed. No one has taken it over yet. Maybe you can find some mementos there if you want them," he said, trying to give her an encouraging smile. He never liked Nero, but Flora helped him when necessary. He wanted to return the favor even if she might not see it that way.

Darkeye put a strong scotch in front of her nose. It was not a permanent solution. But it helped to numb the pain for the moment or to open her up a bit if she drank it. He drank the same and lit his old pipe. He was there if she wanted to talk more.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
Momentos? Flora frowns as she stares at the table, trying to think of what sort of things of Neron's she might even like. Gods, she hardly knew anything about him when it came right down to it. "No, that's...I don't..." Unsure quite what to say, the girl gives her head a desperate and sad little shake, still trying to process everything.

Blinking at the offered drink, Flora reached out with tentative fingers and lifted it toward her nose. Gods it was strong, and as she took a first sip, the instant burn on her tongue and in the back of her throat had her coughing. Still, she took another sip; this time her reaction was less, and she found she rather enjoyed the burning bite of the liquor.

"So..uhm..what have you been up to?"
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
He looked at her sternly and puffed out once. "Go to his bar in the grounds and we just have a drink there. Maybe you'll think of something to do. Take something to burn down the bar? However you want to handle it, I'll help you. Everyone grieves differently. But if you keep it inside you will break. That's the last thing I want to see. Too many people have been broken by things like this." He thought that these are the consequences of war. Many don't understand how much work it takes to put everything back in order after a war. After one year of the war, it takes about three years to rebuild.

He took a hefty puff of his old pipe and tried to remain calm at the question. He took another sip and took another breath. "I've been trying to help people like you. All the people here have lost someone. Everyone who was in the grounds lost friends or family. I tried to help them and rebuild something. I've mourned people. Now I'm trying to make things better here. So far without success." He said and took another sip. Also with him, it was a From of mourning accomplishment.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky