Personal Quest a space in between
open PQ!
Morgen Walker
Unicorn Wrangler

Age: 38 | Height: 6' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
SWEETS - Mythical - Unicorn (super-speed)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
It'll be fine by dusk light I'm telling you, baby
'On it!' The wrangler calls cheerfully from outside. Placing his fingers between his lips and blowing, the sharp blast of sound that screams out has the trio of unicorns raising their heads. Though they only give him a skeptical look at first, with one stomp of her hoof, Sweets has them trotting over. "Coulda managed that m'self." He muttered to the mare, who only snorts.

"Alright. Now we're gonna move slowly." Morgen says emphatically, mostly to the unicorns rather than the NPCs. "Raise 'em up, and you two'll be inside to make sure it lines up, and you three are gonna stay real fuckin' still and steady." Morgen looks first to two of his helpers and then to the unicorns before clapping his hands together.

Morgen sends some NPCs inside to help with aligning the frames and uses the unicorns to help lift the glass and frames!
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101

The sound of crashing boards through to the first floor has Isla wincing, but thankfully it isn't enough to bring the operation grinding to a halt. Letting out a small (and entirely unnecessary) sigh, after that mishap she triple checks the location and the grip on the beams until they're all in place and there's steady footing to be had on the second floor.

And last but not least - the roof. Gazing around, Isla smiles and calls across to Sunjata. "We can get the frame up and in place," she tells him, "if you can work on covering it over once we're done?" Since they've been setting up the supports so far, she figures she and her group would benefit from more of the same rather than changing it up right at the end.

"Alright, last push," she tells them, heading down to fetch more materials and taking great care in erecting a sturdy framework for the rooftop. Hopefully there are no further mishaps.

Isla and her group build the frame for the roof!
Isla
the flesh is weak
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
take it straight to the vein, do what you're afraid to
And suddenly, as everyone’s parts begin to play, it begins to look like an actual building. Morgen’s team works hard to balance the help between the unicorns and the NPCs, the windows rising until the NPCs can grab them and lift them into place, sealing them in seamlessly each and every time. It takes some elbow grease (and I’m sure quite a bit of curses), but before too long, the walls of the second floor are all enclosed.

As Isla lays out her plan, Sunjata’s quick to offer her a soft smile and a nod. “Yeah, I can do that.” And luckily for him, there’s one attuned in his group that has a shift that allows for additional help getting between the second floor and above. So while Isla’s team works hard to build the frame for the roof, Sunjata’s works on pre-preparing the slats and covers to go on top of it, making it easy for them to slip out and on top to nail it into place.

It goes without a hitch and before too much longer, Sunjata’s sitting atop the roof on one of the joints, sturdy enough to start laying out the underside of the shingling, angled in a way that would prevent snow from collecting and causing the roof to break. And once things start to get too closed off, the attuned in his group starts flying them up to him and the others in his group.

There are a few additional curses from hammers being slammed into fingers, but eventually the entire space is enclosed, requiring only just finishing touches rather than as much hard work as this has been. Once it’s all completed, Sunjata shifts to his macaw shift, fluttering down toward the ground again and shifting back into himself, pulling at the sweaty shirt (since he’d shed his layers of clothes from the workout), and flashes a bright grin to everyone. “That should do it. We’ve all done a ton of work today and once we get this open, you’re all more than welcome to have a room to stay in if you should ever need it.” He flashes Morgen a brighter smile, equal to the one offered to Isla. “And there’s plenty of space in the Refuge right now if you all need to stay a few days to recover.” Gods knew he’d be sore as hell tomorrow.

WE’RE DONEEE <3 sorry for the delay, life has thrown curveballs at me :V

Feel free to put a final reply in if you want to! If not I’ll archive in a few days!
the flood
don't show them your pain, show them who it made you
totally sniped from odd ilu
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101

It feels as though they're all just muddling through, until all of a sudden there's a building in the place of all their supplies and hard work, and Isla can't help but be impressed by it. It's a strange sort of magic in creating something out of nothing, and she finds herself outside the bare bones of the new brothel, her sensors screaming and her coat shed and folded over her forearm.

"It looks sturdy enough," she confirms with a smile across at Sunjata. "Thanks for letting me help, though I think maybe next time I'll be a sort of foreman if it's all the same to you." You know, delegation, organisation, not trying to heft a literal roof over their heads.

"Still, it was all worth it. Let's head back."

Isla
the flesh is weak
Morgen Walker
Unicorn Wrangler

Age: 38 | Height: 6' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
SWEETS - Mythical - Unicorn (super-speed)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
It'll be fine by dusk light I'm telling you, baby
Removing his hat, the wrangler ruffles a hand through hair covered in sweat and construction debris before returning Sunjata's smile. 'Much as I'd like to take y'up on that, I gotta get these ones home and tend to the rest.' He replies with an apologetic smile, before tugging down the brim of his hat in Isla's direction. "Ma'am."

So saying, he turns back to the small congregation of unicorns, seemingly communicating something to them via Sweets. With a frosty exhale, the mare turns to allow him to mount. Glancing over his shoulder Morgen considers saying something about how he'll be by to check things out once it's all up and running, but something about Isla's presence keeps his lips locked. Certainly it wasn't the sort of thing his mama would approve of him sayin' in a lady's presence.

Instead, he turns and rides back into the flat familiar stretches of King's End.

~FIN