sunflower souls
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
With skyports readily available amidst the Greatwood, Lena started on her quest there. But her first venture into the trees had been overwhelming immediately – catching at the silent, eerie adornments, the lights brimming in all directions, and then the revolving complexities of it all. More than once she’d stepped into a grove she thought was the same, or quite similar, to others she’d embarked within – to the point where she’d certainly seen that massive rock more than once.

Taking a silent breath and steeling her resolve, she figured going deeper into the proportions wouldn’t matter. She only needed one branch, and some sightseeing and exploration could be saved on another day, with someone who knew their way around the world. On that note, she stepped onto the broad path once more, crouching to glance at some of the fallen bramble, to note if they were worthy or large enough for a future staff.
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RAY
In ancient times
cats were worshipped as gods
Foraging in the Greatwood was different nowadays. Normally, Ray would have sent a notice to Remi, informing him that she would be entering the woods and gathering materials. But with him absent from the region, there was no one to inform but the forest itself. She'd thanked the trees as she passed the boundary and made her way deeper into the Wildwood.

At the moment, Ray was engrossed in collecting peppermint bark while humming softly to the tree as she carefully removed what she needed. It was as she was pocketing a portion that she heard movement along the adjacent path Hello? She called out through the bond, trying to decipher if it were an animal or fellow traveler. If it were an animal, she didn't want to disturb it by suddenly speaking,
They have not
forgotten this
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Lena
There were a few decent assortments of fallen branches, but she was picky for this particular, impending staff, and so she advanced through the lush thicket, barely straying from the path. It was likely safer that way – especially since she’d already been turned around multiple times.

What Lena didn’t expect as she searched through bracken, clover, and many other plants, was a stranger’s voice in her mind. Straightening up immediately from her crouch, the Caretaker took a few glances around her before answering; uncertain, unsure, and hesitant. Clutching her basket tighter in her hands, she yielded to kindness and politeness, gestures usually well received. Hello. I’m sorry if I’m disturbing you.
that kept so many warm
Ray Lunarium

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray relaxed when a voice returned her call and that it was one that seemed relatively friendly. Hi! The bond hummed with cheerful energy as the herbalist secured her bag and gave the tree one pat and whispered thanks. I'm just ahead of you and walking over. With that warning, the herbalist returned to the path.

Parting the trees, she caught sight of Lena. "Hello." Perhaps it was strange for a stranger to just pop over, but Ray was always one to make friends. "I was wondering what I was hearing. Are you out gathering materials too?" The herbalist gestured to the pouch on her hip and the bits of peppermint bark that were just barely visible as the peaked out over the rim.
They have not
forgotten this
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Lena hadn’t expected the full force of curiosity and warmth to flicker over her mind again, but there it was in a snap – unrelenting and unabashed. Her eyes wandered to the path ahead, waiting for someone or something to appear, striving not to be startled when an unfamiliar face popped out of the brush and trees. “Oh, hello,” she offered softly, sticking to a corner of the grove, hand still encased in a bunch of disassembled leaves and bramble. “In a way," and she laughed lightly, permitting the sense of hesitation and unease crawl out of her restless fingers. “Looking for a specific branch.”

Then her gaze wandered to the pouch on her hip, widening slightly, as she couldn’t quite believe her luck. “Are you a healer?” For Lena recognized those herbs – peppermint bark, at the very least, from the notions of her vigil as Caretaker.
that kept so many warm
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray's smile softened into something reassuring as she picked up on the stranger's unease. "A branch? What kind if you don't mind me asking?" The forest around them was filled with more trees then could be counted, more varieties of species then any individual truly knew. Finding a specific branch sounded like quite the task indeed.

Lena's question received an enthusiastic nod from Ray, "Yup! I'm an herbalist from Torchline. My name is Ray, nice to meet you." Having finished her main gathering goal for the day, the herbalist was relaxed, simply enjoying the sounds of Wildwood around her. The Greatwood was always one of her favorite places to visit for that very reason. As much as she loved Torchline, there was something in the air here. Something magical and filled with a different kind of life then her home.
They have not
forgotten this
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
“Something that could be used as a staff,” and her eyes flickered downward, cast upon the wares of the forest floor again, striving to spy something potentially useful. Moving and roaming, she kneeled along the path, but grew visibly relieved when Ray announced her name and profession. “Lena,” she extended with her hand as well, to confirm the shake. “Caretaker of the Celestine.”

Rising once more, and then barely watching her way before her, her hands went to another layer of bramble, plucking at a piece of wood buried amidst the cluster of thorns, moss, and lichen. “What were you looking for?” Perhaps they’d be able to help one another.
that kept so many warm
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray winked at Lena as they shook hands, "Good to meet you, Lena." The herbalist stepped back and eyed the trees and plants around the duo. "I've already gathered what I need today, but if we stumble upon any other medicinal plans, I'll happily gather some." She then joined Lena in sifting through the fallen leaves and debris for a suitable stick or fallen branch.

After a few moments, Ray froze before snapping a finger. "Oh!" She turned to look at Lena, "How intact does the branch need to be? I saw a fallen tree down the path. Maybe you can get a branch from there?" The tree had been partially destroyed but there were still numerous branches attached that might suit the Attuned.
They have not
forgotten this
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Always eager to learn new things, especially in herbs, the youth’s brow arched, eyes segmenting briefly back to the plants bundled along Ray. “What did you find? Was it all here?” The Caretaker clearly wasn’t an avid wanderer of the Greatwood, but she’d heard and seen enough from tomes and texts in the library to know there were valuable things out here in the midst.

And she’d probably have some by now, if she hadn’t wandered so much.

Her gaze went back to the forest floor, hands reaching out to find more potentials, when Ray’s idea seemed to pilfer through. “We can try it.” She didn’t have any other solutions, save for puttering around and seeing what was available. “Lead the way!”
that kept so many warm
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray perked up, happy to see Lena's enthusiasm. Just as the Caretaker was eager to learn, the herbalist was always excited to share. "Peppermint bark. It's just a few minutes' walk off the path." She nodded towards the direction from where she came. Straying off the path wasn't always the best choice out here, but Ray had collected from that patch multiple times and felt secure in doing so by now.

"Let's go!" The herbalist turned and began to head down the path once more. "I hope it works out for you." It was worth a shot and if the tree proved suitable, then maybe Lena wouldn't have to keep perusing the insurmountable trees around them.
They have not
forgotten this
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Lena had heard of peppermint bark quite a bit – it had been a common thing young children amidst Stormbreak munched on. “Oh! Do you use if very often?” Stepping off the path, presuming Ray knew her whereabouts well, the Caretaker remained a trusting individual – kindness for kindness would always be a beneficial thing in life – but her eyes kept glancing elsewhere; to the rustic brush, to the massive trees, to everything else laden in between.

“It’s very beautiful here,” was a light murmur as she finally opted to watch her step over some other fallen logs, though taking a few moments to peer through ferns, just in case. When nothing was deemed suitable, she carried on, following in the herbalist’s wake.
that kept so many warm
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
"I do! It's in many of the teas blends I make." Ray led the way with ease as she slipped into lecture mode as she gestured as she spoke, "The part that gives it it's 'minty' flavor actually has other benefits. The main one is that it helps minimize inflammation. I grind it up to put in my wound ointment and pain creams for that reason." It also made those medicines smell more appealing for the pickier customers.

As they walked, the herbalist kept an eye on their surroundings as well. The off-trail path might be a familiar one to her, but this was still a wild forest. As beautiful as it was unpredictable. "It truly is. If Torchline wasn't my home, I'd probably live here." Ray agreed with a soft smile.

The fallen tree soon came into view and Ray stepped to the side to let Lena see it in its glory. The fallen giant stretched out along the ground, it's branches and roots tangling in the surrounding trees. The area smelled of upturned soil and freshly sprung clovers. "What do you think?" Ray glanced at Lena, "One of these should work, I hope."
They have not
forgotten this
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Lena, eternally an eager student and pupil of any healing, mending accords, didn’t mind the sudden expansion of knowledge. Instead, she was half tempted to pull out her notebook and start writing things down, but it would’ve been difficult to traverse the terrain and jot the notes simultaneously. Instead, she’d have to commit the notions of teas, reduction of inflammation, ointments, and pain creams. “Oh, that’s a good idea.” She’d have to pick some up while she was here.

Curious, because while the Caretaker frequented Torchline often for its variety of animals and the lovely stretch of beaches, she’d never felt the inclination to leave her childhood land. “What makes you stay in Torchline then?” If she was so drawn to these woods?

Eventually though (and Lena wouldn’t admit to several trips over clusters of bramble in the makeshift path), they came upon Ray’s fallen colossus. Mouth and eyes rounding into sanctions of surprise, she nodded with rapt enthusiasm. “It should work quite nicely!” And went to the first section, looking for a semblance of segmented branches. One immediately caught her eye, and she went forth on inspecting it – hands dipping along rough bark and curling twigs. “This might do it?”
that kept so many warm
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray smiled softly, "I love my region. I love the people, my people." As she walked, the herbalist hummed softly under her breath. "I love their attitude, their tenacity, and their creativity." She gave a small shrug, "They make it worth staying." They were worth protecting, even if they drove the herbalist up a wall more days than not.

Although Ray heard Lena trip, she made no comment as the other woman showed no signs of acknowledging it, or of being harmed. She watched as Lena eagerly inspected the tree, walking over to see the branch in question. Ray ran a hand over the branch with a nod, "It does look good!" It was a good length and the width seemed suitable for a handhold. Perfect for a staff.
They have not
forgotten this