Plot Advancing PQ meant to fly
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
The sound of iron shots is stuck in my head
The thunder of the drums dictates
Promises were promises, although large thunderbirds flying over the Hollowed Grounds probably didn’t carry much of an appeal, given circumstances over the past year – but transporting himself and Halovian brethren had to be quick and efficient, purposeful and pragmatic. Carrying his bag and Sah amidst his talons (figuring the Abandoned would enjoy the view from precarious heights) and Noah along his back, their speed hadn’t been entirely overwrought and rankled (though Deimos had contemplated the map several times, opting to go around the Draig to avoid the impending dragons).

He'd never thought the Hollowed Grounds would feel unfamiliar to him, but with the weight of change, landing upon the Jack Tar port was a different experience entirely. Not used to the coastal landscape of a former world, he merely shifted back to his residual, Sword form, shrugging his shoulders at his cohorts.

Securing his bag, he strode forward towards the waiting warpriest and an assembly of other citizens likely intending to assist in the project. “Darkeye,” a pause, a nod, towards the latter and the Grounds people. “Have you picked a spot?”

--

This is the PQ+ to ceate a skyport along the Jack Tar landing. Please post your character arriving and anything they’re bringing. No post order!

Deimos has everything listed on his profile, mostly via the Bag of Holding.

1. Deimos
2. Darkeye
3. Sah
4. Noah
5. Ophelia
The rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
The rising of the horns, ahead
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
yet my blood renders me a King
Sah had in fact very much enjoyed the flight. It did make him miss his own wings, but the exhilaration of being back in the sky far outweighed the melancholy. As they land, the Abandoned surveys the area. He's never been in the Grounds before but even he can see the history written in its stones and varying architecture. Civilization has been risen and fallen many times here, he suspects.

It's humbling to think that now he gets to help rebuild it this time. Though Sah isn't sure if simply helping to build a Skyport counted as such.

He nods towards those present, giving a Darkeye a small smile when he recognizes the man.

~
Sah arrives! He has everything on his profile (minus companions) and his hunting gear bag which contains rations, two daggers, a skinning knife, rope, and a waterskin.
Sah
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Darkeye had made the effort to win as many people as possible for this cause. It was also easier with the rafts and boats like building materials to transport. Fewer animals were necessary and one could use the current here. He didn't know how Deimos would hit. But when Mahariel raised her head to the sky and wagged her tail back and forth, it was clear to him that he had to come from above. He was very happy to see Deimos. He was a little surprised to see Sah, but he was also someone he liked to have around.

"Deimos Sah it is good to see you both here. I hope the stones and wood are enough. If not I can order more."He held out his hand to both of them. Then he led them to a small hill a bit away from the port. "I thought this would be a good spot. We have it a little higher and the ground is stable enough to support a heavier building. But I don't have any idea about the building and how we should do it. I also have a tent set up here where we can plan. I have also taken the liberty of reserving a room for you in the pup. That if you want to spend the night here, you can stay," he said quietly, hoping that he could make Deimos Sah and whoever else might come a little happy.
Everyone is the architect of his own fortune

Coding base by Sky

Ophelia Athanasia
Emissary

Age: 29 | Height: 5'3 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Ophelia had not responded to Darkeye's letter when it had come, too conflicted on their own opinions and stance on returning to the Grounds. After its destruction and the death of their Goddess, their home, their family, Ophelia had nothing left to return to in the Grounds. Why would they start now?

Still, even if they do not believe they will return, much less stay, when the call for help comes - Ophelia goes.

All but Darkeye himself are unfamiliar to them, but that is of no consequence to Ophelia. Beautiful opalescent ivory horns protrude from their brow, and a similar tail sways loosely behind them as they approach the small group forming. Tilting their head towards Darkeye with a vacant, absent smile, they clasp their hands loosely in front of their stomach. "Hello, everyone," they say in their soft, dreamlike voice, awaiting directions.

I don't feel no remorse, and you can't see past my blinders
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Noah
we follow our own steps
while our shadows keeps watching us
Having only ever ridden one other time on such a large flying creature, Noah held on for dear life. He was sure Deimos could not only feel it over the bond, but could feel it in Noah’s muscles as he gripped feathers with enough force to turn his knuckles pale white. While logically he knew he could help his own descent by intervening with his transportation magic, it didn’t make the idea of falling any less terrifying — and Noah had fallen from the sky before, when Ronin’s nimbus disappeared out from underneath him on the Sea of Glass.

Finally landing in the Grounds, Noah stretch himself out and focused on keeping his breathing in check to slow his heart rate. All of this was done, of course, behind a glacial expression. Only Deimos could truly know how the man felt now with his access across the attuned pathways. The two who came to help came, and Noah kept himself civil as Darkeye greeted them. The pale-haired ancient was a stranger to him, but her opalescent horns caught his eye and his attention. Noah offered a small smile to each of them; a practiced from of diplomacy he honed with his years in government affiliation.

”Let’s get started, then.” Noah said, looking to Deimos for instructions. The Sword had brought this collaboration to fruition, and Noah was glad to help bring more unification to the world and to expand trade for his own city, but to say he trusted Darkeye with this project, let alone anything else, would be a lie.

the wrong steps
would be not to start this exodus.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
It was a flurry of activity, and perhaps rightfully so, given the task ahead. Deimos extended his hand out to Darkeye, and the stranger (recognizing horns as a sign of Ancients, due to Kiada’s latest alteration). “Sounds good.” If the spot didn’t work, they’d know fairly quickly, and could always try again in a new area.

Deimos kept Noah’s misgivings to himself, and marched towards where the cleric had indicated, scanning out an area with a critical, scrutinizing eye. It overlooked portions of the landing; not too far away to be a bothersome notion, nor too close to interrupt any of the marine activity. From there, amidst the swift assessment, he turned back to the gathered. In the past, they’d already had buildings (or trees, in the Greatwood’s case) to use; here, they’d be constructing from scratch. “We can start with building the platform,” head nodding to where Darkeye had left plenty of materials for them to utilize, directions and diagrams already conspiring with a flick of his hand and water droplets displaying the image before them.

--

We need:

3 characters to help hammer/nail materials together to start constructing the platform
2 characters to stabilize and grab materials as needed

Feel free to use any magical, item, etc. to strive for success, and place a small summary at the bottom of the post!

No post order!

Darkeye Sah Ophelia Noah
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye nodded again to all the others. That he and Noah were not on the same wavelength did not bother him. But it was important to him to have said everything that stood between the two and he had done that. He was a little surprised that Ophelia was here. She had not answered his letters, but since she now had horns and a tail, it seemed that she now belonged to the Ancient and therefore did not want to return to the grounds. But an answer would have been the least. He had not had many conversations with Sah, but what they had had was very interesting. Deimos was the one he called his friend out of all those here. So he trusted his judgment in the selection of people.

"Let's go then." He said full of energy. As he had done so often in recent times, he first took some measurements. Better to measure twice than to work wrong once. Then he started to work on the base plate. But he didn't know how high it would have to be, so he followed Deimos' instructions. He swung the hammer unerringly and hummed comfortably to himself.

Coding base by Sky

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Noah
we follow our own steps
while our shadows keeps watching us
Having already helped in the construction of one skyport, Noah was ready to set to work on the new one. Taking up a hammer and putting a box of nails in his pocket, and several between his lips, he set off. He grimaced at the metallic taste of the nails and it sent a shiver down his spine, but he found it the most effective way to be able to grab individual nails without dropping them. He lifted the boards carefully and held them in place before driving nails in. He was careful to keep from bruising his fingers or crushing his own fingernails beneath the hammer's head, but he surely was not as skilled as Darkeye. He couldn't help but notice the way the man swung with such precision and power, and Noah kept that observation for himself tucked away in the back of his mind.

Noah helps hammer boards in place!
the wrong steps
would be not to start this exodus.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah didn't recognize Ophelia, but he did recognize that they were an Ancient, and gave them a nod in greeting. The tasks were quickly given out and the Abandoned moved to help with stabilizing their work and gathering the necessary materials. "I'll try to keep it steady as you all work."

Calling upon his magic, Sah willed the air and his innate telekinesis to keep the structure in place as construction began. In-between moments where it was needed, he switched gears to pull the necessary materials over and within reach. His goal was to keep the workflow efficient but safe for everyone involved.

~
Sah uses his telekinesis and air magic to stabilize and grab materials as needed.

Telekinesis: Can move large objects.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Air manipulation: Can create and control the air. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered
Sah
Ophelia Athanasia
Emissary

Age: 29 | Height: 5'3 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
They make a mental note to tell Darkeye later that, while a kindly stranger had helped Ophelia read his letter, they couldn't have crafted a reply even if they wanted to. Nikolai had only recently begun to teach them how to read and write above the most basic of comprehension when he'd died.

When they had all died.

Missing their friend with a new, fierce pang, Ophelia selfishly avoids having to say it so soon and instead chooses the task opposite of Darkeye. They begin to ferry tools and supplies as needed, attentive to requests and trying to determine what is needed before it's required in that moment. Thoughtless, monotonous things that keep the grief at bay.

- - -

Phi helps stabilize and grab materials!

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
At first, things went well. The Sword joined Darkeye and Noah in construction, applying his brute strength and earthen incantations into the fold. Ophelia held things in place, permitting half of the wooden portions to be put together solidly, efficiently.

Then other notions went awry.

While the tactics Sah utilized were clever, striving to use those enchantments to ensure everything remained steadfast while the others worked, they could escalate into a different direction too. Maybe he applied too much pressure to the air and telekinesis. Maybe concentration had been an issue. Maybe it was unfortunate luck.

But the boards not nailed down or hammered in yet went flying off in routes and lines. Some went catapulting in an impressive volley towards the landing. Others went veering through the long grass. Luckily, the locals scattered, and no one was hurt in the onslaught of wooden beams.

Deimos turned towards the group with a stoic piece of nonchalant features (with a hint that, had this not happened to his people or efforts, he might’ve been laughing). “We can keep working on this,” jaw jutting towards the halfway built platform, “while you go retrieve.”

--

Deimos, Darkeye, and Noah have put together half of the platform with Ophelia and Sah’s assistance, but now some of the wooden beams have gone off flying (thanks Sah!)

The platform group can continue working while Ophelia and Sah go retrieve the beams.

No post order!
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye had not realized what had happened until the noise. He couldn't help smiling and tried to continue working. The whole thing could have gone wrong. At first, Darkeye thought of sabotage, but the face of Sah showed that it was not. Maybe he was also a good actor. But that was not important. Fortunately, no one was really hurt. It was only a little time lost that could be easily recovered.

While he got some boards again and put them down next to him. He looked once in the round. "I have not seen many of you for a long time. How have you all been." He asked as he nailed the next board. The sweat was clearly visible on him. It was hard physical work. Nevertheless, my curiosity was very great. Sah was someone who could achieve a lot in his eyes. Noah was difficult, but maybe they got off on the wrong foot. Actually, he was someone with experience. Ophelia had avoided him until now. Maybe the question would change that. With Deimos, it was simple curiosity.

-----

Dakreye works again on the platform.

Coding base by Sky

Ophelia Athanasia
Emissary

Change author:
Ophelia startles as much as they are wont to, blinking giant eyes at the boards that go flying off. Shrugging slightly and aiming a vaguely reassuring expression towards Sah, they silently drift over to begin picking up the planks and bringing them back in small loads. Their strength has undeniably decreased compared to when they were Ascended, but they are recently fed and still much stronger than the half-starved waif they’d been before The Voice.

As they return with an armload they catch Darkeye’s question, and hum softly. “Grieving,” they say plainly, as easily as one may say ‘relaxing’. “Growing accustomed to my new abilities.” Whether any of them are familiar with the new Ancients or not, Ophelia does not once consider that it may be pertinent to expand upon that.

- - -

Ophelia retrieves the materials in a few armloads to bring them back to those working.

Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah raised a brow when his magic proved too powerful for the task. Perhaps he needed more practice combining his air and telekinesis before he attempted something as delicate as construction. Sending Deimos a sheepish look, he followed Ophelia to gather the runaway beams.

Given his recent bout of luck. Sah elected to simply carry the beams in his arms, taking multiple trips as needed so as not to drop any. It would likely take longer but at least they wouldn't be further delayed if he did things hands on. Hopefully. Construction wasn't the Abandoned's strongest skill, but he intended to give his all to see the project through.

~
Sah helps retrieve the beams. (No magic use)
Sah