rebel from the waist down
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
Dantalion
but you can't be free
Danta has never been on a skyship before. From Torchline the boat sailed high and far, turning the beaches into splotches of gold and the rivers of the Oerwoud into blue veins. The Climb soon disappeared into a haze of smoke on the distant horizon, and so the Ancient is instead forced to turn his attention to his destination.

And the Greatwood, when it appears, is breathtaking in its blaze of colours; Leafchange has painted the trees in shades of burnt orange, yellow and crimson, and as he exits the skyship, it's all he can do not to pluck leaves from errant branches, wanting to crush them in his fists to hear the crunch. His feet - still bare, because who needs shoes - have taken him down to this floating marketplace, and he peruses the stalls of the Bodega with the interest of a child.

It's both the same and different to Torchline's markets, Danta letting a bolt of silk slide through his fingertips and following his nose towards a cauldron of (presumably) stew at the next stall over. He has no money and nothing to trade, but that has never stopped him before.
'cause I'm selfish, I'm obscene
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.
Lilitu Stark
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: ThatOneWeirdo Offline
Change author:
MP: 120
LILITU

Lilitu walked through the market stalls. A bag with two dead rabbits inside that she hunted less than an hour ago for dinner, as her Maned Wolf form. She didn't enjoy killing the poor... defenceless animals, but a girl has got to eat. Her brown hair was in a loose braid over her left shoulder. The Attuned shoved past people who stood in her way, squeezing past a couple of kids on her way past. The Market was buzzing with life as usual. After that hunt she mostly just wanted to look at the stalls, possibly buy something, or trade one of the rabbits for something from one of the vendors.

Actions
Speech
the Maverick

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
"Listen," Danta is saying (drawling, to be exact) to the merchant with the stewpot, "I'm sure we can come to some sort of an agreement." One where he gets what he wants and there are no adverse consequences, naturally. Alas, the merchant is having none of it, and given that his more violent urges have been recently sated, the Ancient is as docile as it gets right now. And so, tail lashing lazily at his heels, he sighs and turns away - and almost directly walks into Lilitu and her rabbits.

"Now there's no need for tha-- oh." Cutting himself off, Danta's fleeting attempt to sidle past the stranger ends with a fanged grin and a lingering glance up and down, the Ancient raising his brows at her. "Do they make everyone in the Greatwood like you?" he wonders. "Because I might considering moving here."
Lilitu Stark
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
LILITU

Lilitu stumbled a little as the stranger walked straight into her. "Shit!" She cursed, losing grip of the bag of rabbits slung over her shoulder. She scowled, bending down to pick them back up.

She threw the bag back over her shoulder, and straightened up. She arched a brow, tightening her grip on the bag slung over her shoulder. "Highly doubt it, I'm one of a kind!"

Maybe she could get him to purchase a rabbit? Putting on her best 'salesman' persona, she gave him a charming smile. "You look hungry? Want to buy a rabbit?" Well, maybe that wasn't charming, but Lilitu wasn't known to be charming...

Actions
Speech

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Pushing up from the ground before you is a blood-red rose.

You’ve encountered one of Vi’s Roses.. This counts as a rare creature encounter for the purposes of levelling, but does not count as a Random Event for levelling or MP. There will be no further admin/re intervention. You can post a link to this thread in the character updates thread if you pick the rose, to have it added to your inventory.

Vi's Roses (rare): A beautiful crimson flower with thorns of deep gold, it is rumoured that these roses are coloured with Vi's lifeblood. When planted, they have the ability to cleanse the area around them.
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
"Oh, aren't we all," Danta drawls, though he's watching the way her lips form the words rather than paying much attention to the content. He wonders how one of a kind she is in other ways, blue eyes tracking the lithe movements of her body as she stoops to collect her bag of who-really-cares-oh-ok-it's-rabbits, his tail sweeping left and right as he gives them a little more of his attention.

"I would love to," he tells her, having forgotten all about trading and the merchant and his stewpot, "but alas, I don't have anything to trade. I suppose you could just take my..." Whatever undoubtedly filthy end to that sentence is cut off by the site of something deep, dark crimson near their feet, Danta tilting his head to examine it more closely.

Had he been a little more with the times he might have known what he was looking at, but unfortunately, it's just some rose to him. "Ah, how about this? I'll trade you this for your rabbit," he offers. "It is almost as beautiful as you are."
Lilitu Stark
Hunter

Change author:
LILITU
Lilitu glanced behind Danta, watching as a tall lanky fae tripped over the leg of a table. "Well, I wouldn't say all of us, exactly." Her lips curled up into a smirk, letting out a slight snicker. Weren't the fae supposed to be graceful? That didn't look particularly graceful to her.

She shrugged. "No money, no rabbit..." she paused, what could he have that she'd trade a rabbit for? "I could take your what?"

Lilitu's eyes were glued to the clear, diamond horns (that she could have sworn was the colour of the rainbow a moment ago) on his head, as he bent down for something — to pick up a crimson rose. The petals were a deep crimson colour, the golden thorns sparkled as the light caught them.

"well, I suppose that rose can do," she nodded, mostly to herself. "Keep up the flattery, I like it."
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
Following her gaze over his shoulder, it's with a crooked, fanged smile that Danta catches sight of the Fae she'd been watching, and he shrugs his shoulders as he turns back to her. "Some people aren't as lucky, I suppose," he says, before he's bending to pluck up the rose and she's querying after the end of his sentence. "Oh, my cock," he says casually, as if she ought to have known. Sex was a trade, right?

But it seems his flower impresses her more, and Danta inclines his head and offers out the crimson rose with its golden thorns. "There we have it, then. And I'm afraid I have no choice but to keep up the flattery. It's an ailment I suffer with - luckily you make it very easy to endure." Fair's fair, though, and so Danta nods to her bag expectantly. Rose for rabbit, that was the agreement.
Lilitu Stark
Hunter

Change author:
LILITU
Lilitu pulled the dead rabbit out from the bag, and handed it to him. She still had one rabbit left for herself, and she'll cook it once she gets to her little cottage in the village. "Oh, yes." she wasn't phased by his response. It was a little funny in fact that she hadn't figured that out herself, mostly.

She grinned, taking the rose from the Ancient.  "Can I touch your horns?" Lilitu asked, not at all caring if it was rude to ask. Lilitu threw the bag back over her shoulder, waiting patiently for his response. Will he let her touch them? She hopes so!
Actions
Speech
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
Accepting the rabbit and holding it up to inspect it, Danta clearly finds it an acceptable trade, and he's already considering whether to cook and eat himself, to feast on it raw, or to go and trade it for some of the soup from the stall. Before he has a chance to decide any of that in earnest, however, Lilitu is asking quite the personal question (to some, anyway).

"My, you haven't even asked my name," he drawls, a lopsided smile on his face as he tilts his head at her. "You can, but only if I can touch something of yours in return," he says, raising his eyebrows suggestively. Knowing Danta, though, it could be anything from her breasts to her eyelashes to her toenails.
Lilitu Stark
Hunter

Change author:
LILITU
Lilitu didn't give it a second thought. "Of course you can touch me if I can touch you. What are you touching?" She wiggled her brows suggestively, a small smirk on her lips.

She held Vi's Rose in one hand and gripped the bag with the single rabbit in it with the other. "On second thought, want to do it at my cottage? My hands are full. Might as well cook the rabbits while we're there, too." She was hungry, and a rabbit seemed beautiful right now.. after she gets to touch his horns of course. She's bets those horns feel like diamonds, cause they looks like diamonds.
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
Now this is an unexpected green light, Danta's smile showing the tips of sharp fangs as he tilts his head at the woman before him. "I haven't decided yet. Might have to get a good look first," he murmurs.

And the fact that they've skipped past the part where they still don't know each other's names to being invited to her cottage is absolutely fucking dandy to him, Dante acting as though it's something that needs consideration (it really, really isn't). "Who am I to turn down such a generous invitation?"

Gesturing for her to lead the way, Danta will of course follow wherever she wants to take him. For his first time in the Greatwood, this is shaping up to be quite the visit.