never gonna be the one for you
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Dantalion
but you can't be free
It's not as warm here as in Torchline, and let's just say that Danta isn't a fan. It's not yet cold enough to make him all that sluggish, but he's certainly grumpy as the sun peaks and moves across the sky and the Wildwood remains as stubbornly fresh as in the morning. Having relented enough to finally steal (er, trade for) some boots and a shirt to wear along with his ruddy leather overcoat from the islands, he's at least not shivering as he trudges through the forest.

Honestly, he's not sure he wants to stay in the Greatwood all that long. Sure, there are some attractive people here, and the stalls and marketplaces are fun, but otherwise it's just... wet dirt and cold rivers. Who wants that in their life?

Crouching to examine some footprints in the soil, he's trying to decide how fresh they are and if he's in the mood for some needless kiss-chase with what he thinks is a deer. He's got to do something while he waits for the next skyboat out of here, right?
'cause I'm selfish, I'm obscene
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
The Nightingale
Phoebe herself was patrolling the Wildwood. It was practice really, trying to memorize the ever shifting pathways of the wood. It seemed to be trying to help her no less, spitting her back out the way she came each time she made a wrong turn. Helpful, but frustrating nonetheless.

The Nightingale had gone in a full circle nearly twice - and was quite preturbed about it - when she noticed some strange tracks. Feet and...a long slide mark. A tail? How truly odd. Then she remembered the stories of a new race of people that had emerged since the war. Was one such person here in the Greatwood? Curious, she decided to investigate, and the wood relented to her wishes as she stumbled upon a very...striking fellow not too long after. "Hello there!" she said brightly.
love is the flower you've got to let grow
the Maverick

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
Hey, no fair; lots of Attuned are partial to a tail, and it could be any number of them wandering the Greatwood. But of course it isn't - ask and ye shall receive, Phoebe. By the time she happens across Danta, he's very much on the trail of the deer, and the interruption of a greeting has him straightening up quite abruptly, eyes flashing across to the demigoddess in his midst. Unbeknown to the Ancient, he's met a lot of demigods in his short time awake. He'd be jealous proud if he knew.

"Hello," he all but purrs, eyes raking her up and down with the same predatory appraisal as he'd done with the deer in the trees. "What is a sweet little morsel like you doing out in the woods?" If she wants his prey she can fuck off, but he doesn't open with that. Manners and all.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
The Nightingale
Phoebe could hear the lowered tone of his pur and watched his eyes rake up and down her form. Maybe being friendly was a bad idea. Already she put her weight into the balls of her feet, ready to run in case this man came after her. Wait, why run when she could just teleport? Silly, Phoebe, forgetting her own powers like that!

"Memorizing the paths through the wood." she said easily, head tilting at him. "What are you doing out here?" she asked in return. He was a sight to behold, tailed and horned as he was. Almost like a shifter caught midway between their shifts. Though she certainly had no idea what sort of animal he would become with those features.
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
"Memorising them?" Danta repeats, letting his eyes wander across her body a second time, as if to take her in properly (and there's a lot to enjoy, so he's not quite so quick about it on this round). "Does that mean you are lost?" His grin is tipped with fangs, as if that might be quite an enjoyable turn of events.

A snapping twig has his attention raking right back around towards the vast thickets of trees, Danta's brows furrowing as he realises that what he's doing out here has likely just pranced away into the undergrowth for good. Grumbling, he slowly straightens up to stand, stretching out. "I was tracking some lunch," he mutters. "But I suppose I have found a snack instead." Hint hint.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
The Nightingale
This fellow really was creepy, wasn't he? The way his eyes raked over her form sent a shiver down her spine - and not in a good way. "I'm exactly where I intended to be." she said simply. She wasn't lost. She had sought out the source of his tracks...and now was regretting giving in to her curiosity.

At his next words, she took a step back. She knew from her time at the brothel that a snack could mean one thing, but from the rumors she har heard about these Ancients it might mean something far more literal. "I assure you, you've found nothing of the sort." she said sternly. Already rainbows began to swirl around her legs, prepared to whisk her far away from this predator should he insist on a hunt.
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
"You are? Then you were trying to bump into little old me?" Danta is grinning now, his tail swishing lazily at the very prospect. She's a pretty one, and not many people come looking for him on purpose these days. (They will - oh they will - but he can't blame them for not knowing who he is just yet).

Her sternness is delightful, but so are the rainbows, and it's with a tilt of his head and a glimmer of crystalline horns that Danta takes it all in. "Well that is a shame," he croons. "But then I suppose a beauty like you must have plenty of callers, mm? But I have to say, I have never seen magic like yours before."
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
The Nightingale
"I was." she admitted easily. Why lie? She had seen his tracks and gone looking to meet him. She'd let her curiosity lead the way. Now here she was, unsure what kind of snack he considered her to be. Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back...right?

His comment made her blush briefly. "No, I don't" she said. In fact she had zero callers. Nada. Zilch. She then glanced down at the rainbows swirling around her feet. "It's from Frey." she said. "So I suppose it is different from other magics." That he could tell there was something different about her magic just from the look of it made her realize he was likely far more familiar with it than she would have thought. Did Ancients have magic? Why not ask?

"Do you have magic?"
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
"Well I'm sure you'll be thrilled to learn that you succeeded," Danta purrs with a glint in his wild blue eyes that suggests he's very interested indeed to know why she's been looking for him. But then she practically answers her own question, the Ancient raising his eyebrows and straightening to his full height. "That simply won't do," he murmurs, closing the distance between them a little more, as if wondering if there's some blemish he can't see.

"A lady like you must have them starting wars over you," he continues, letting out a wistful sort of sigh. "And with Frey magic, as well? My, my." He sucks in a breath through his teeth, raking a hand back through his fair hair. "Me? I suppose you could say so. I have the remarkable ability to find trouble wherever I go. Tell me - are you trouble, ma'am?"
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
The Nightingale
"It would seem I have. Though I haven't caught your name yet?" she said. There had been an awful lot of chatter without any pleasantries. "Mine is Phoebe." she said, offering hers first as a sign of good will.

At the thought of wars being started over her, she couldn't help but laugh. "I'm afraid not. I go mostly unnoticed and overlooked." And forgotten, let's not forget that. The slight sting from Harper's rejection crept up briefly, but she was quick to stifle it and shove it away. Now was not the time.

But was she trouble? "Not usually." Phoebe admitted. She did and had done a great many things, but all under the intent of doing good. Not that each attempt had gone to plan, but the intent was there. "You were hoping for trouble, I presume?"
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
"Danta," he replies easily, holding his hand out for her to shake - and for him to kiss, should she take him up on the offer. "And you are Phoebe," he repeats, letting her name sing along his lips. "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, especially if you've been looking for me." How flattering and all that.

Unnoticed and overlooked, though? "Surely not," he tells her, as if unwilling to believe it. "Well, I can assure you that you've caught my attention." (And let's just forget the part where a particularly handsome scarecrow can also catch Dantalion's attention).

"Oh, not necessarily. I never know what I hope for these days, until I find it." Flashing her a fanged grin, he gestures into the undergrowth as if there's a path there. (There is not). "I was tracking a deer, and they don't tend to cause much trouble, right?"
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
The Nightingale
Phoebe considered his hand for a moment, still unsure of his motives. But she took the risk and took hold of it, shaking his hand with a confident grip. "It is good to meet you, Danta. I had been curious about meeting an Ancient." she said with a small smile.

At his words though, she couldn't help but laugh a bit. "I noticed." she said. [say{\"But why?\"[/say} She knew she was pretty, but surely nothing special, forgetting that her glamour magic made her a soft glowly angel of a person.

"Ah, I see, so I've interrupted your hunt." she said a bit sheepishly. It had been niave of her to assume she could just interrupt another person's work, just because she was curious about them. "My apologies. I should let you get back to your hunt."
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
"Well I do hope we're living up to your expectations," Danta purrs, drawing her hand up to press his lips to the back of her palm. His touch - both that of his fingers and his mouth - is warm, but he releases her willingly enough, lest she think he's trying to entrap her. (And that remains to be seen, in truth, but shh, let's not spoil it).

Her question has him raising his brows, the catlike smile on his face suggesting that he believes Phoebe is fishing for compliments. "You have caught your reflection at least once or twice, no?" he asks, tilting his head at her. "If you'd like me to say that you are ravishing, you only need ask," he adds.

As for his hunt, Danta waves a hand carelessly towards the deer tracks he'd been observing, as if to say he doesn't much care about them. Why should he, when something much more interesting has crossed his path? "There will always be more deer," he reasons. "I can't say the same about a beauty like you, can I?"
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
The Nightingale
Well she hadn't been expecting the kiss on her hand, that's for certain. Apparently Danta was the cassanova sort. She had met plenty at her time working at the brothel. "So far I've nothing to complain about." she said with a smile, hand returning to her side. Maybe he wasn't so predatorial as she thought, just flirty. And there was nothing wrong with that.

His words have her remembering Frey's magic, and she can't help but laugh a little. Silly Phoebe. "I suppose Frey's magic does help a bit. But only call me ravishing if you want to." she said with a playful grin.

She tilts her head in consideration. "I suppose if you meet more demigods or those blessed by Frey you might. " she said with a light shrug. "But you are right, the wood is plentiful with deer and few on people like me." Only one other demigod resided in the Greatwood and she spent her time spooping about.