Investing in the Future
for Ludo
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
When Tal had asked the god what kind of snacks it liked, Ludo had responded with "cats." This, understandably, caused a bit of a theological conundrum for the courier, who had attempted to appease the herald with a cat-shaped cupcake as an offering before the War.

Today, with some trepidation, Tal had decided to go all in.

The store cat's kittens were old enough to hunt on their own, and he'd brought one of them with him to Ludo's Shrine in the Greatwood. After being fed fishy tidbits until her tummy was as round as a drum the little tabby had gone to sleep and Tal had carried her to the tree-shrine before setting her gently on it, lightly sandwiched between two large pieces of bread.

And, just in case, he'd brought an extra bag of marshmallow ammunition for the mini-catapult he'd offered up to Ludo before.

"Hi Ludo. It's me again. I, um, wanted to thank you for th'Vest. It's been real handy. Saved my life in the Eye o' Fire last time an' since I was thinkin' I'd go back an' see if that monster was still there, I figured... well, I'd ask for your blessin' in makin' it stronger. Oh, an' happy Leafchange."

Figuring that about covered it, Tal sat back on his heels hopefully to see if the god was listening.
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ludo

Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

"Happy Leafchange," Ludo all but croons, and it's clear that Tal has exactly zero percent of its attention as it appears. The swathe of rags is carefully picking the bread away from the little tabby kitten, before scooping it up and purring to it in a very convincing impression of a feline (though that probably isn't so much of a surprise).

"Hm? Oh, yes yes - but you'll have to get hit quite a bit," it explains casually. "That's how you make armour better - you smack it a lot." Despite being only partially true (???), Ludo makes it sound entirely convincing. And thus Talyson has obtained a new set of painful requirements to complete.

Talyson has received a quest to upgrade this item:

Type: Grey | Style: Defensive | Level: Basic
Rockhide Vest | An armoured vest flecked in black and white and lined with cool, fur-like material. This item blocks physical damage at Talyson's Basic level. Requires a 2 post cool-down between uses.

He must:

1. Complete a thread encountering a Blind Swamp Rat - Talyson('s vest) must be hit by the creature.
2. Complete a thread encountering a Glotter - Talyson('s vest) must be hit by the creature.
3. Complete a thread encountering a Luxere - Talyson('s vest) must be hit by the creature.
4. Complete a thread telling someone how amazing his Rock Vest is and how good it is at keeping him safe.

Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
So either Ludo had gone gluten-free, or the little cat was perfectly safe with the raggedy god. Tal breathed a little sigh of relief as his offering was accepted without being ingested and relaxed back onto his heels, perking up as the voice of mischief gave him a list of things to do in order to improve his armor.

The first one was... okay. Okay he could do that. Not great, but sure.

But as the list went on the courier's face fell and he had the distinct sense that he was being bullied. Definitely bullied. But what did one say to a god one was asking a favor from except: "O...oh. Okay. Thanks, Ludo... I 'll, uh. I'll get right on... that..."

Rubbing the back of his neck, he considered the last requirement with glum certainty that it would probably involve him getting smacked a fourth time by whoever wanted to test his claim, but in the end it would be worth it. Right?

Right??

"See you later..." Getting the sense that the god was more interested in the cat than him, Tal picked himself up and tiptoed away to start his most challenging quest yet.

~Fin~