[se] stretched my hands out to the sky
for Freya!
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
Lena had never been along the clifftops of Torchline, but meandering upon it now, as the winds churned upwards from the sea, she was reminded of home. The way she could’ve stretched out and glanced over the rocky cliffs was much like Stormbreak’s once-hostile coast, though now they were surrounded by nothing but clouds and air and a long, promised fall.

Sighing at that notion and state, she picked up little granules of ice and snow collected on the stones, due to melt almost immediately thereafter given the conditions and climate of the region – watched as they dissipated across her palm. From there, she merely flicked the droplets downward, upon grass, limbs extending near the lighthouse, near the screaming gulls, and near the beckoning strands of something else altogether.

Eventually, the Caretaker found herself a decent chunk of boulder to sit upon, dangling her feet over the edge as the sea breeze curled and coiled once more, snagging at an apple from her basket, and watching the cove to see if any animals came meandering in.
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Freya Njörddottir
Healer/Herbalis

Age: 24 | Height: 1.78 meters | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 5 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: FROSTCestrell Offline
Change author:
MP: 145
Lena wasnt the only one that never had been along the clifftops of torchline. Freya hadnt been there before either for a number of reasons, some being that she simply didnt like heights to begin with, another one being that she didnt think there was much to be had up there anyways. Or at least, she originally thought like that. Nowadays her stance on that was differend and she was willing to see for herself, if there was anything worthwhile up there.

As such, it wouldnt take too long for her to reach Lena, who would find herself approached by Freya instead of animals, even if the latter maybe were soon to follow.

Taking her time to reach Lena, Freya would greet her from afar by waving ahand at her in a friendly matter. Sure enough it wouldnt take long for Freya to finally stand in front of Lena and to greet her: "Hey there! Would you mind me sitting next to you for a while? I got a lot to think about..."
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Lena
The sea breeze tickled her nose and curled around her locks, until she could do nothing more than peer along the edges and fringes of the cliffs, the crunch of the apple against her teeth muted against the roar and gusts of wind. Content with all of it, she might not have noticed the woman approaching, save for the movement of a hand from the corner of her eye.

She turned rapidly, not losing her bearings upon the rock, but much like a bird, either instantly wary, guarded, or eager to take flight. Friendly the stranger could’ve been, but the Caretaker didn’t know, or recognize, her outline. Even as she came closer, she couldn’t make out any familiarities, and she dropped the fruit away from her mouth, placing her hand in her lap, while the other gave a smaller wave. “I suppose not,” she gave in response, having no reason to refuse, and knowing she could escape or evade if need be. Portions of life had made her unfortunately apprehensive and nervous, but willing all the same. “Is there something on your mind?”
that kept so many warm
Freya Njörddottir
Healer/Herbalis

Age: 24 | Height: 1.78 meters | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Thank you." Freya would give out, in an appreciating yet somewhat dull voice, as if she really was more elsewhere with her mind then in the present. Stepping closer and taking a seat on the boulder next to Lena, after climbing on top of it carefully, she would stare down the cliff for a few seconds, before her head turned towards the stranger and she answered her: "Something yeah... A whole lot of something. I... met someone... someone really important."

Pausing for a few seconds, Freya would look back at the ocean before taking a deep breath and blinking, as she elaborated: "I met Frey. And they werent happy to see me in the way they saw me... I kinda screwed up big time, you know?" With her shoulders sinking down a bit now, Freya would let her head hang ever so slightly as she continued to think how she could possibly make up for the what she had done, while she was waiting for the strangers answer.
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Out of habit, the Caretaker had snagged at a few pieces of wild grass nearby, tending to it as she often would with her sister, and beginning to ensnare them into a makeshift crown. Though the plants weren’t as vivid or full of life as they’d be in the spring, there was still some snap and color to them, and she wove along as the stranger spoke – seemingly quite indebted with something.

Her head tilted, listening, before turning upward to glance at the woman as the predicament seemed to make itself known. “Oh, I knew Frey quite well!” Perking upward, Lena was slightly surprised to hear of how the meeting had gone – she’d yet to hear of many that were disappointed in the herald’s ways. “Why do you think that?”
that kept so many warm
Freya Njörddottir
Healer/Herbalis

Change author:
While Lena was weaving some sort of crown or other filigrance piece of decoration, Freya was still busy looking over the vastness which could be seen from her seat. Only when Lena mentioned that she knew Frey quite well in fact, her head would move onto her direction her eyes now staring at teh stranger somewhat uncertain, as if she wasnt too sure if she could trust them, before she elaborated: "You know... i didnt offer them something and i wasnt naked when they came. It was like... she is like a gemstone, shining in all kinds of colors and when she was here i forgot what to say because i was nervous. And i was unprepared because i was frightened, you know?"

"And now... Frey told me to heed her words carefully, as far as me praying to them again is going. And honestly i dont even know where to start or how to behave when Frey appears again. I mean, they are a god, so it could be at any moment, literally."
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
A little hum began under her breath, busy tending to the grass weaving within her fingertips, calming any restless edges sprung from the sea. She only diverted her attention when the stranger began speaking about her experience with the herald – and Lena could understand why there’d potentially been any issue. Had the other gone to any other – especially Safrin or Ludo – she might’ve ended up with a far harsher education. “So, the first thing you must know is that Frey is a they. They also have two aspects: Sexuality and Nature.” And considering the description and depiction…it’d been the former.

“Most of the time they’ll appear at a shrine,” striving to appease with a small smile. If Frey deemed themselves necessary elsewhere, it’d likely be a rarer occasion, and to a significant worshiper. Tying and winding off one end of the makeshift crown, she turned her full attention towards the individual. “As for offerings, it depends on the one you seek.”
that kept so many warm
Freya Njörddottir
Healer/Herbalis

Change author:
"I see. What is the difference between those two though? Like... does one need to deal differently with them because of what they are?" Freya would ask Lena. Suddenly it felt as if she was being scolded more then educated. Maybe Lena had taken personal offense to her explaination of her problem, or how she had interacted with the herald.

Waiting for her to explain more, Freya would nod as the statement about the shrine was made and commented: "Mhm... thats where i met them. I was praying there. THeres a shrine at the rainbow road, you know?" Letting Lena explain more, Freya would lay her head to the side. So they not only had different personaliities but also different liking which were coming together with them. While she wondered about the reason for this, she barely dared to ask about the reason as of why this was a fact: "Wh- why are they so different? And do the other gods also have different aspects or is it just Frey? And... well, i think the aspect of Sexuality is the one i am looking to please. Make them stop being mad at me maybe..."
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Unaware that her gentle tones and soft smiles came off as scolding or lecturing, the Caretaker continued – not judging the stranger. Perhaps she didn’t have this information readily available, new and inexperienced with the circumstances surrounding deities. And there certainly were families who didn’t seek out Caido’s wisdom for whatever reason, leaving multitudes to reach for the information later on in their youth. “Potentially. The aspect of Sexuality would expect you to either offer yourself, or something along those lines.” Her cheeks didn’t flush at the concept; Lena had been well-schooled ages before. “When in doubt at all, at least offer some fruit with cream.”

Plucking at the ends of the crown, she began to apply several little cliff flowers to it, weaving them into the dried portions; giving more color and more vibrancy. “Frey has two aspects because they are a herald of Rae – twins of change and evolution.” And so the deity had followed suit – the only duality, as much as the Stormbreak citizen was aware.
that kept so many warm
Freya Njörddottir
Healer/Herbalis

Change author:
It was possible that Freya might have misunderstood the gesture, given in form of facial expressions, the tone of voice that had been used and general body language, and that her emotions had deceived her. But certainly noone would be able to blame her for this. After all, it was normal for people in general to become defensive, even moreso with strangers. And besides that, the prettiest things were often the most dangerous ones, like in the case of animals and people in general. Being too friendly was making people think about the reason why one was soo friendly. Regardless of that, when Lena gave out that Freya would likely end up as the offering, her chin slightly dropped open as she stared at the stranger, not because the idea was strange to her, but instead because she had tried this and even had been turned away. Blinking a few times, Freya finally would ask after a slight cough: "What uhm... if i tried to offer myself before and... you know... was turned away? Am I not... worthy of being an offering?"

While the words had little emotion aside from the lack of speed in the sentence and the dry voice, Freya was interested a lot in this matter. After all, maybe she was what her parents had told her. A faulty anomaly in the greater system, not worth of the gods blessing.

Waiting for an answer for this, she finalyl would give out to the second statemetn that was made with an answer: "So i guess that the nature aspect is evolution. How is change coming along with the sexual aspect thought? Is it like... Forced change?"
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Now it was Lena’s turn to be confused, her brows furrowing slightly, but no less gentle or kind. Her fingers stopped working on the woven stems and reeds, striving to puzzle through the complexities without having the full answer or experience. “I’m sorry that happened to you – is that what they said?” That the woman was unworthy? It didn’t sound like the Frey she knew and understood – but deities and heralds had emotions, alterations, and other notions too. Had something been misinterpreted, or had they been needlessly cruel?

As for the other inquiry, the Caretaker could only shrug her shoulders. “They may not directly enforce all of Rae’s components. They have their own ambitions and necessities. You could ask them.” She paused, considering. “But from what I’ve learned about Frey, consent often plays a part. Is that what you mean?”
that kept so many warm
Freya Njörddottir
Healer/Herbalis

Change author:
"One with nothing to give save for themselves can never do so of their own will.", Freya woud give out in a slightly low voice before adding: "That is what Frey said to me. A-After i offered myself, you know?" This was about all the Freya was able to state about the matter at hand. After all, she certainly didnt know exactly what had happened or had been supposed to happen, back then when she met Frey. Was it the way how she presented herself? Maybe she should buy new clothes? But Frey didnt like clothes seemingly either. It was confusing for her, really.

By the time Freya noticed Lena shrug her shoulders, her eyes would wander up slightly. The thing that she saw wasnt giving her a good feeling either, that being thich and heavy clouds, likely bringing rain with them. And if there was something that Freya didnt like at the moment then it was to be wet inside of her clothes. Looking back at the other woman in front of her, Freya eventually would answer: "I guess... i was just wondering. Maybe that was the reason she denied me? Maybe it felt forced. But maybe i am just... i dont know."
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Her brows pressed together in thought, considering the way the stranger described it. “Maybe they thought it was a last resort, and therefore, considered it forced.” That was all Lena had to consider, given the circumstances – eyes flickering upward as the clouds moved in and threatened rain. Snagging at her formed crown, modestly and mostly comprised of dried grasses, it would serve its purpose for another in Stormbreak; before placing it within her bag.

Rising from where she’d sat amidst the cliff’s rocks, she dusted off bits and pieces of the reeds and fragments of flower petals. “We can talk about it more at The Hanged Man, if you want,” she offered, pointing downward into the town, where the tavern stood amidst its colors and beaches, presuming they’d be sheltered and free from impending showers there.
that kept so many warm
Freya Njörddottir
Healer/Herbalis

Change author:
"Hmm i see..." Was all the Freya really was able to give out to Lena as she thought about it. So she would have to present herself naked, with an offering and proud to do so. But how could she when she literally stood in front of a god and had no experience in such frivolous things at all? SHe could hardly be expected to be perfect rright from the start, could she? But then again, Frey neither could be expected to keep up with Freya's doings either and she didnt need to hold back either, seeing how she was the one that was, clearly, in charge in this regard.

When Lena finally offered to continue theri talk at a place wher ethe rain wouldnt get to them, Freya let herself down from the rock as well and nodded happily, although still thoughtful at the other woman. It was a good idea. "That sounds lovely. Maybe i can offer to buy you a drink or something, for your troubles of teaching me?"