[RQ] they're not rocks, they're minerals!
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
flora

Though it wasn't very cold, Flora was still wrapped in an oversized turtleneck that covered her from her chin down to her midthighs, which were currently bare, indicating that this choice of dress was one borne out of fashion rather than practicality. Though the girl had gone through a long period of mourning, after having been briefly reunited with her twin, Flora had taken Enzo's challenge of living for the both of them quite seriously and had returned to her whimsical and impractical ways with a flourish.

Holding one of her feather-daggers between heavily ringed fingers, Flora threw it with lazy intent, watching with mild interest as it thunk into the sand. With a wave of her fingers, it returned immediately to the sand only to be tossed haphazardly again. Such would be the sight Melita would see when she arrived.
what doesn't kill me makes
me want you more
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Melita
Eating fire is your ambition
to swallow the flame down
Melita’s days since the war hadn’t truly altered – her heart still a spun brand of chaos and untamed spirit – raising her chin in wild defiance and sedition to the world around her. Upon approaching Flora though, she wondered, based on Enzo and everything else, on how to act. She'd lost her twin once too; and those were hard lines to bear. Should she be apologetic and regretful, hang her head and mourn more for the other youth? Or take it upon herself to ensure it was all still normal, like they hadn’t all been stung and broken and nettled apart by the way acrimony and death rested over their shoulders?

But then there were daggers flying, and she could only indulge with a slight smirk, eternally fond of weaponry. “Those are awesome,” she proclaimed, because they were, and the Honeybee wouldn’t lie about armaments. Sila unfurled some modicum of greeting by widening her jaws and then hiding behind Melita’s curtain of crimson hair, while Fangorn waved his vines and grumbled. “Want to go move rocks?” She gestured with her thumb towards the slew of them nestled amidst the pool; all dyed and hued.
to be lit up from within, vein by vein
to be the sun
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
flora

Grinning even before she turns, when Flora does tilt her chin over her shoulder, her expression is entirely feline and mischievous. "Right?" She agrees wholeheartedly, bobbing her perfectly-defined eyebrows. "I originally asked Frey for them as a sort of fuck you to my dad, but now I just love them on their own." Flora offers with a youthful shrug. Daddy issues were always in style, in Flora-world.

Glancing at the dragon which the girl was fairly certain she hadn't seen before, Flora widens her eyes dramatically, drops her mouth open, and points. "Uhm????" She mewls with delight. 'Since when??'

As for the rocks? Rolling her eyes the girl can only shrug. "Yeah I suppose. What a random task, huh?"
me want you more
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Melita
Throwing, hurling, stabbing, or piercing with sharp objects were some of Melita’s passions, so the rapt encouragement followed through on her widened, chaotic little grin. Not meandering into the issues with Remi, she merely hummed a complimentary accord. “Have you used them on anyone?” came instead, because the Honeybee was eternally willing to trade bloodthirsty stories.

At the mention of the dragon, Sila ducked her head behind Melita’s wild locks once more, and the youth sighed inwardly, making a mental note to work on the companion’s confidence again. “Before the war. She’s a little shy though.” Completely different from either Fangorn or herself, who both wandered and declared and hastened without much preamble, though she’d always give far more credit to the gourd for survival abilities.

And given that rocks were another one of Melita’s interests, she wasn’t bothered by the bizarreness of the task. “Could always be worse,” she shrugged, bending down to snag at a larger rock and place it off to the side. “Which colors are your favorites?”
to be the sun
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

Flora's smile is both wry and secretive as she shrugs her shoulders a touch. It probably wasn't proper decorum to brag, and so instead of immediately answering she merely purred a bright and leading note in the back of her throat. "Maybe like...once or twice." She replies with a grin, before Melita's second companion steals the show.

"Ohhhhhh. Now, no need to be shy. Not with eyes as pretty as yours, mm?" Flora trills, peering into the dark red haze of Melita's hair. "What's her name?" The girl asks, shifting her aqua stare from the cleft of Melita's should back to her friend's face.

Twitching her lips and shrugging, Flora trails behind the Honeybee. "If you say so." Glancing down at the various rocks that littered the road, Flora tried her best to care about this task but found her mind wandering almost instantly. "Blue." Though it was true her spirits had been raised after being briefly reunited with her twin, he was never far from her thoughts. So it was that Flora began to try and find blue stones that might match the colour of Enzo's eyes.

"What about you?"
me want you more
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
Melita wouldn’t have known proper decorum even if it slapped her upside the head, so she was all the more eager to hear tales of lacerations and stabbings. When she didn’t get the full details – like reasons, motive, or how deep the wounds were – she could only suffice with a matching grin. Nice.” She might’ve gone on to describe her monumental demolition of the beast from the last war, but then remembered Enzo, and swiftly cut the thought off immediately.

Instead, Sila had the spotlight on her, and she didn’t really want it. Shuffling further into the long locks, the Honeybee sighed. “I’m hoping to have her gain a little confidence. It’ll come.” With time and practice, with meeting others, but the dragon didn’t seem in the mood. Perhaps in a few more moments, when she had enough instances to study Flora, rather than evade entirely. “Sila,” the youth supplied anyway.

Even with the companion finagled around her shoulders, she got to work, lingering along the edges of the pool and rolling another stone out of the way. “Oh, blue is nice!” Truth be told, Melita was enamored by a plethora of colors, and it didn’t take much for her to be enticed in snagging a few and pocketing them on many occasions. “I like a lot! But I think my favorite are reds and golds.” Fire. The Dragon’s Throat. Clementine. Her mother’s gentle musings. Reflections of other worlds where everything hadn’t been so scattered or lost.
to be the sun
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

"That's a pretty name." Flora croons to the shadows of Melita's hair where the older girl's companion had disappeared. Having never really been lacking in confidence Flora hasn't any words of encouragement to offer the companion other than to hum brightly and allow the subject to naturally shift.

"Colour me surprised." Flora chuckles, grinning at her counterpart. She might not know a ton about Melita, but everything she did know could be writ in large flaming red and gold letters.

Searching for stones precisely the colour of her twin's eyes, Flora pauses for a moment as she rolls a few stones in her palms. "Does it matter what size, do you think? Or...what are these even for?" They were for the water-channel-thing Hadama had wanted of course, but...how they were meant to help was beyond Flora's understanding.
me want you more
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
Intelligent enough to understand the flickers of conversation, the little dragon’s nose poked out from behind fiery embers of hair, as if drawn to Flora’s complimentary efforts. Letting Sila be, to settle and figure out her parameters and particulars, Melita continued to muddle around the rocks, snagging a larger turquoise one in her grasp, before hurling it along their makeshift path. It sprayed the warm water in an array of droplets, and she stared at it, amused, before tilting her head at the question.

“I don’t think so? Seemed to be just an indication of where things should go.” A little pathway for the continuation of movement and motion, for a bubble stream to linger and prosper. Giving it a little more thought, and crouching down to grab another bigger rock, this one a dark purple that she was half-tempted to steal for herself, she considered. “Maybe big enough to be seen from a distance?” Fangorn, for his part, grumbled and waved his vines about, pointing out stones nearby that might suit their purpose.
to be the sun
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

Startled slightly by the sudden cacophony of sound, Flora glances up in time to see the last flash of sunlight on the stone Melita had thrown before it settled somewhere farther up the path. Grinning slightly, the girl chuckles under her breath. "You know, instead of using these for the stupid bubble..whatever, we could totally have a rock-skipping competition." She suggests; just how serious she was about obfuscating Hadama's efforts wasn't entirely clear.

'Why do we need rocks to tell us where things should go?' Flora wonders with a roll of her eyes. "I would think that like...torches would be better. Or, and stay with me here because I know it's a crazy idea—" Turning her shoulders to fix her companion with a bright but flat stare, Flora finishes: "—a sign."
me want you more
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
Easily led astray by the slightest inclination of mischief and chaos, the woman’s grin broadened. “Or rock throwing!” Who could make the biggest splash…hurl the rock the furthest…her mind began to contemplate all sorts of possibilities, and snagging at another stone, she simply threw it somewhere along the path – watching the potential damage as it arced gracefully through the air.

As for the parameters, the Honeybee truly had no idea (the government rarely involved her – which was fair). “That’d be too easy,” she snorted, wrinkling her nose. Further inquiry began to expand through her mind, and because her impulse control was low, the thoughts meandered straight into the air. “What do you think of the whole thing? The mers and Torchline?” As far as she knew, they hadn’t been so incredibly involved in all the years Melita had been here – save for those that participated in smuggling efforts with Jack.
to be the sun
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

Flora's grin doubles in size, shrinking her eyes and rounding her cheeks at Melita's suggestion. "Yes." She agrees triumphantly, and, just for the sheer fun of it, selects one of the most misshapen rocks from her pile and hurls it into the waters nearby. The splash wasn't anything to write home about it, but gods it felt good to feel her muscles groan in response.

"Murrrrrrr." Is all Flora can articulate in response as she roughly shrugs her shoulders and haphazardly adds some more rocks to her collection. "Uhhh, I mean...I guess I don't really get it?" Not one for political savvy, it's with a bald expression that she glances over at Melita and shrugs again. "I mean, they don't really come on land and I don't really remember the last time anyone from up here like...caused a fuss in their city so...I guess I just don't get why we can't stay the way it was, y'know?"
me want you more
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
Simplistic the actions might’ve been, but sometimes that was best. The swooping arcs of carelessness, the fumbling range of potential violence, the danger and burden of hurtling the stones put her more at ease – chaotic little emblems restoring her from listless hazes and fringes consuming her edges now. The Honeybee followed through on her own motions, snagging at a larger rock than necessary, and tossing it for all it was worth. It knocked against another and made a massive crashing sound, prompting an array of giggles.

Listening to Flora’s opinion, in between the splashes and bedlam, her head tilted to the side, watching ripples and rivulets. “I’m not sure what’s going on anymore. Or what the priorities are.” Before it had been war, war, war, and now there were cafes and rock paths, and somewhere along the way Melita felt lost.
to be the sun
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

Watching Melita's rock fly through the air before splooshing! dramatically gave Flora the strangest sensation that somehow everything was going to be alright. She couldn't quite put her finger on why or what about the Honeybee's movements made her feel that way, only that she had. Smiling a touch wistfully, the girl picks up another rock aiming to hurl it into the receding ripples marking where Melita's had landed.

"I know, right? Like, once it was all rah rah Safrin, and then oh no war, and now it's like...I don't know. Hadama seems so good." Turning, Flora glances about before dropping her voice. "And I sort of feel like...I dunno, that Torchline is meant to maybe not be that good, you know?" Flora continues, a touch timidly. "I mean, this bubble..tunnel..thing? It's like...it's too practical for Torchline. We should have a fountain of whiskey, or like..crabs on the beach to always bring you snacks or something."
me want you more
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
With a childish cackle and some vicious glee, her features lit up again as the stones descended, marking their path in either elegance or pandemonium. Melita would prefer the latter, but took it regardless – following on Flora’s movements and motions by snagging a few to scatter simultaneously, enjoying the pattern of reverberations.

“He is good,” the Honeybee agreed of her merman friend – she just didn’t know where all of the world lingered. Well – to a certain extent. She wasn’t immune to the way this land worked – not as a smuggler, not as an individual with a penchant for violence. “Gods, a fountain of whiskey,” she hummed, as if it were a dream. “I guess I never thought of everything so united." Not in Torchline, where the brands of chaos leapt and bound and seemed to be the binding of sea and brine. "And I can’t imagine Hadama allowing some…things to continue.”
to be the sun