[RQ] they're not rocks, they're minerals!
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
flora

All of Flora's "hardwork" (because really, plucking up rocks at random hadn't been that taxing), was now being hurled into the water with growing accuracy and delight. So what if they had to gather more rocks because of it; life was short and this was a ridiculously stupid task anyway.

'Mhmm.' The mermanta was probably one of the best er...folk the girl had ever met. 'I know, right?' Splaying her hands to indicate the wooooosh of a whiskey fountain, Flora sighs indulgently before lobbing another stone.

'Nope. And...I dunno why anyone would want to rule over two lands, you know? Because that's kind of how it seems. Or..' Pausing, because what are timelines even, Flora knits her brows together as she glances towards Melita. "Is someone else leading with him?"
what doesn't kill me makes
me want you more
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Melita
Eating fire is your ambition
to swallow the flame down
More and more scattered in their wake, disastrous and foolish, and her grin grew larger and wider the higher the splash, the more ridiculous the sounds. Sprays of color and fumes of the warm springs curled and contorted upon banks, and she half-hoped the rocks would find their own path, chaotic and frenzies, a jumbled, haphazard mess.

As far as titles and sovereignties, the youth couldn’t help but snort involuntarily. “Fuck that. I wouldn’t even want to lead one.” Which no one should ever worry about, given who she was as a person, but there it was, regardless. She turned over the other thoughts in her head too, the smile losing its wake, brows becoming furrowed again. “I don’t think so. Not yet anyway.” Nothing she’d heard, no words spoken in between whispers and rumors along the docks or upon the sands.
to be lit up from within, vein by vein
to be the sun
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
flora

"No?" With her arm half-cocked and ready to launch another stone, Flora finds herself suddenly rigid as she glances over her shoulder at Melita to gauge the Honeybee's level of honesty. Pursing her lips, the girl focuses her attention back on her stone, hurling it out into the water.

"I would never have guessed that." She continues once the rock had made a satisfying thUnk! in ocean. "I think you'd be a great leader. Maybe one day we could do it together." Flora grins, and though in fact she was entirely serious about this, her expression remained fairly mischievous and open.

'Mmmmmmmmmm.' Is all Flora has to say on the matter of Maeve's successor, if only because..well, it was all up to Hadama she supposed. "Wonder if he'll call a vote about it, or just...you know, pick." Honestly, she thought equally likely of the mermanta.
me want you more
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Melita
“I never thought of myself as a leader,” she uttered, with the same amount of honesty and confidence she’d always adhered to. Bossy, sure, but more apt to run headlong into chaos and fury before any forethought, and worlds, lands, and kingdoms needed rational people. Perhaps it’d be amusing to have her set the sovereign alight for a few days, but when ash and dust settled, what would be her impact? She was far better suited to tend to monsters and mayhem, than ever hold a mantle or a crown. “Politics sounds god awful.”

Her head tilted as she tossed another rock though, gilded eyes studying Flora now. “Do you want to lead?” Would Flora offer herself up as one of the candidates, if it should happen?

As for the next question, she launched a second interval, watching as the stone skipped over another and landed precariously along its brethren. “I hope it’ll come to a vote. The power should be in the people.”
to be the sun
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

"That's why you'd be a good one." Flora says immediately and without any hesitation. Torchline had never been about thoughtful leadership or longterm rational planning. They'd been led by a phantom figure who had lived at the base of the volcano, then her father who was hardly known for his good leadership, then Sunjata, and then Maeve. Melita would fit perfectly in that lineup. "I wonder if it has to be so political though. I mean, I look at how my dad ran things here and in the Greatwood and he just..sort of told everyone to fuck off." With an impish grin, Flora chuckles. "Not that that's a good way to lead, I just..don't think you actually have to be so political as some other leaders try to be." She ammends with a shrug.

"Yeah, actually I would." Flora says in a very What, like it's hard? Elle Woods tone before launching another stone after Melita's. 'Yeah, guess we'll see.' Glancing down at their depletely rock pile, Flora gives her lips a twitch. "Y'think this is enough, or do we need more?"
me want you more
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
Even still, Melita didn’t think it was in her cards – not a goal, not an aspiration, not even something tugging at her heartstrings. Too wild, too chaotic, too eager to embrace the world and travel to daring heights, than to be bogged and tied down to titles and other manifestations.

But at Flora’s notions, her brows quirked upward, and her smile rounded back to mischief. “You’d have my vote,” for bedlam and upheaval, for her daring and boldness. With a shrug to her shoulders, she launched another rock, glancing at the bits strewn about. “Seems good enough to me!” And if they didn’t like what they’d do with the artistic flair, they could redo it. Wouldn’t bother her any. “Let’s go find some of that whiskey,” even if there wasn’t a fountain of it. Yet.

{FIN}
to be the sun