in her great time
Safrin
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
If I can stop one heart from breaking
If I can ease one life the aching
It has been far, far too long. Harper knows this and has long regretted it. Between war preparations, Phoebe's disappearance, a newborn child, falling in love with Maeve, Phoebe's return, his council position, and the war itself, time had not been plentiful for the man. Still, he is remorseful, and brings more plentiful gifts this time in preemptive apology; a collection of natural pearl hairpins, a painstakingly handpainted shell with the likeness of a starry sky above the ocean, and a few scented candles Maeve had helped him make that he sets along the edges of the painted glass he and Deimos had created last they were here.

As he lights them, enjoying the dark beyond the lighthouse's beam, he speaks out loud. "Safrin, I know it has been a very long time. I hope you heard my prayers, even when they weren't said at your shrine. Your light and blessings brought Maeve home, and kept my sons safe; I can't thank you enough for that." Reclining on the ledge of the windows, Harper looks out at the moon, content to speak even if his herald never arrives. "If you can forgive my absence, it would be a relief to see you again."
I shall not live in vain
HARPER

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin
Times moves at its own pace, and though it might feel as if there was an ocean worth of time between when last Safrin laid her eyes upon Harper, it is just a drop in the cosmic glass.

Starlight pulses its warm affection as the attuned arrives, followed quickly by the shifting shadows which so often herald Safrin's arrival. The candles flicker as a warm breeze ruffles through Harper's hair. "These are beautiful. Finding time to come here with all that is going on in your life is gift enough." The goddess croons as she stretches out a hand that Harper might move from the window and into her embrace.

"These seasons have not been easy on you." She whispers, wrapping her arms about his shoulders and pressing a kiss against his forehead.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
The shadows twist and reach, but instead of fear there is only anticipation, eyes cast about to find - there. Safrin’s outstretched arm is lit by the candlelight, and Harper’s scarred, tanned skin looks worn in comparison to her eternal perfection as his hand fits inside her own. Despite the luminance of her skin she is warm and solid as she wraps her arms around him, and he relaxes into her immediately.

“No, but they have not been easy on you either,” he murmurs as her lips touch his forehead. Years spent trying to be one step ahead of The Voice, creating demigods, blessing her followers to keep them safe; Harper can’t imagine that level of weight on someone’s shoulders. “I wouldn’t have succeeded without your blessings. The shifts you gave me, they kept me safe.” And though he certainly hadn’t been alone, the Stargate and her Attunement had kept the King Maker from doing much more than reaching the shore it died upon.

“I’ve had a lot of time to think this past year.” He remains comfortably still in her embrace, arms loose around her waist. “Maeve molds Torchline in your image, but I want to be able to protect it. The staff you blessed for me has no enemies any longer,” no Ascended to defuse or control, no insurgents to defend her land against. “But now is supposed to be a time of peace; I don’t want to keep the memory of war alive in our people by creating defenses, so all I can do is make myself stronger in preparation.” Smiling, a quirked smirk of a thing, Harper huffs a small laugh against her cheek. “Unless, of course, you have some plan I can help with already?” He doubts it, but he will never feel as if he has done enough for her alone.
I shall not live in vain
HARPER

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
every bait and switch was a work of art
Chuckling sweetly, Safrin nods her head in agreement. No the seasons hadn't been easy on her either, but then, she was a goddess. A beacon. A lighthouse to guide home all those who would weather the trials set upon them. "I am glad to hear it." She murmurs, straightening slightly and pulling back if only to gaze into Harper's eyes. 'Though your own cleverness certainly played a role in keeping you and all of Torchline safe."

Standing there, her arms around his shoulders and his around her waist as if frozen in a dance, Safrin tilts her head softly to the side as she listens. Smiling once he finishes, the goddess gives her head a small shake. "Nothing just now." She murmurs. 'As for becoming stronger...perhaps that is something we could work on. Many lose sight of what is really important in favour of shiny toys and new shifts. But strength for strength's sake will better all that you do."
you're the one prize i'd cheat to win
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
His grin is boyish and charmed, because how can he not be? "You know how your compliments make me insufferable for days, don't you?" Inspiring a mischievous surety that he can't shake, a warmth that lives in his bones. If she does it intentionally, Harper won't be surprised; nor will it stop him from seeking them.

"Training I can do on my own, but if there is a way to emphasize my strength in temporary ways when defending against beasts and men?" Something not dissimilar to the adrenaline shots of his old world, though magically imbued. His staff could always be repurposed later, new weapons and shifts achieved, but as Safrin had put - strength for strength's sake could often make all the difference. Perhaps after this meeting he will give Melita a call to test his arms against her, but for now, Safrin is the only one on his mind.

- - -

He's asking if possible for something similar to the Ascended Adrenaline!
I shall not live in vain
HARPER

Change author:
every bait and switch was a work of art
'You say that as if it's a bad thing.' Safrin purrs warmly, flashing a dazzlingly white smile bordered by ruby-red lips as her fingertips trickle up the base of Harper's neck and pulse starlight directly into his bones.

"Temporary ways, mmmm?" Raising an eyebrow the goddess considers for a moment, thinking of the hows and practicalities of such a thing. Eventually, her gaze focuses upon the attuned once more as she smiles. "I think something like that could certainly be done, but first..." Leaning close, Safrin whispers into the shell of Harper's ear the things he must do first.

Harper has been given a quest! He must

Capture the sun's reflection in 1. a block of ice 2. a puddle of rainwater 3. A mirror. How? Up to him! Then, have a necklace/pendant/bracelet/ring/something fashioned to serve as the adrenaline's well.
you're the one prize i'd cheat to win
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
"Not to you, but those who have to suffer through it..." he trails with a grin, and even without her starlight in his veins he would feel the way he does now; lighter than air, and yet more grounded and secure than he has been in years.

As she leans in to whisper into his ear, Harper commits every word and command to memory, eyes closed as he falls into the sway of her soft breath on his cheek and the rhythmic sound of her voice like waves beneath the moon. "I can do that," he murmurs back, and doesn't bother to release her from his arms until she must go, content to steal her away for a little while longer. It has been too long without her, he doesn't care about being selfish for a moment.

- Fin!
I shall not live in vain
HARPER