holy ground
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Cordelia
let us go
where the wild things grows
Her hand braces at her back, brows knitting together as she slowly bends her knees, lowering into a squat in an attempt to reach the paint brush she made the mistake of setting down in the wrong spot. Groaning at the strain it puts on her belly, the sweater she stole from Noah stretching over her rounded stomach and hiding the tips of her socked toes, "Don't kick, momma. Don't you do that." She hisses between her teeth as one of the twins, she's starting to think that Noah is definitely right about that, digs their heel into her side. Cordelia sinks the rest of the way into the squat at that moment, fingers snatching at the paint brush as her other hand shoots out to steady herself on the crib she's currently working on, a healthy flush high on her cheeks.

"Not even here yet and you're already a handful." There isn't a bond to connect them, but she can swear she feels a flutter of amusement and laughter tickling at her consciousness, causing her own lips to curl into a smile at the corners as she hoists herself back up.
let us go
where time runs slow
code by sky
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
NOAH

After finishing the (oversized) cradle earlier in the week, Noah spent most of his days now gathering extra firewood and all of the supplies they would need for Cordelia’s delivery. He moved in and out of the house much like a worker bee coming to and from its hive. He needed to make sure that as the children came that he would not need to leave her for a few weeks. Even if he had to, he didn’t want to go far. He was confident her mother would want to come, and their friends would be doting on them, but Noah wanted to be sure they were set as much as he could.

Hearing her grunt, and her voice talking low, Noah stepped into the nursery — which, once upon a time, was Ezekiel’s room. ”Are you ok my love?” Noah asked, coming up behind her and stroking her back gently between the shoulder blades. Her effort was easily seen. There was no denying the difficulty the woman was facing as she carried new life into the world. Everyday Noah’s confidence in there being more than one baby grew and grew and grew.
Life isn't always what you think it'd be
Turn your head for one second and the tables turn
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Cordelia
let us go
Before she even has a moment to catch her breath, Noah's there behind her, a soothing hand rubbing at the ever present knots between her shoulders. The huntress doesn't hesitate to lean back into him, back heavy against the front of his chest as he easily supports her extra weight, not moving more than an inch. "I'm fine. Just dropped the brush and got a good kick in the ribs for my efforts." Cordelia huffs quietly, brushing her bangs back from her eyes as she turns her chin slightly, looking at him from over her shoulder.

"How are you? I can feel your nerves all the way from the smokehouse." Her tone is playfully accusing as a dark brow raises in question, fighting a smile that threatens to curl onto her lips as she watches a faint flush spread over his cheeks. Out of the two of them, Noah was definitely more nervous, often fussing over her until she dismissed him out of affectionate annoyance.
let us go
where time runs slow
code by sky
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
NOAH

At Noah’s very core, among the other things that mingled there, he was a fixer. He wanted to take away the pain and discomfort that Cordelia felt throughout this pregnancy. While logically he knew that he couldn’t, and that all of this was necessary for the world to continue to grow, he still didn’t like it. He didn’t like the way her face twisted when one of the babies shoved their feet into her ribs, or twisted in such a way that made her legs tingle, or even pressed so hard and took up space that she could hardly eat. It was difficult for him to watch this progress and happen and not be able to do anything about it — at least, do something that could take away the pain of all of this and only leave the joy.

He worked hard (fussed, worried, bothered) to make sure that Cordelia stayed as comfortable as possible. As she leaned into him, and aired his nerves to the public of their empty house, Noah chuckled. He wrapped his arms around her and lowered his center of gravity. Bracing her against him, Noah slipped his hands under her swollen belly and gently lifted. A moment where he could hold her, and her burden, and let her rest. ”I’m okay. Just excited.” He said, though through their attuned bond it was clearly not the only feeling he felt.

But how could he express to her that he felt helpless in taking away her discomfort and pain? Pregnancy was not easy, and Noah only wanted it to be for her. If he could carry all of her burdens and leave her weightless and free, he would do so without hesitation.
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia
let us go
Noah Olsen, ever a man of few words, didn't surprise her now with his short answer. Excited was a word for it. They were both excited, that much was true, but he was worried. He couldn't hide it from her. Not that he bothered trying. They had long since promised that neither of them would close off their emotions to each other. Still, the Attuned knew her husband couldn't help fretting over her. The pregnancy had been a difficult one and as the season stretched on, her due date growing ever closer, Cordelia knew it would only get worse.

A sigh of relief pushes past parted lips, ruffling the longer waves of his hair as her eyes close, relishing the lack of weight pulling on her slender form. "My love.. It is more than just excitement. I know that." Should she press, Cordelia could likely find the exact emotion that was causing a crease of concern between his brow, but she didn't.

"Come sit with me. I want a moment to rest." The implication that her rest would be found in his arms was easily discernible and she didn't need to prod him further for them to settle in front of the hearth upon the pelts, her back once more leaning against his chest. "Talk to me.. I want to know your thoughts."
let us go
where time runs slow
code by sky
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

Noah had never felt the way he felt about Cordelia for any other person. He had had flings in the past, sure, and even a deeply involved relationship with Delphine -- but nothing came close in comparison to how he felt about Cordelia. He wanted to give her all of himself, everything within him that he could ever be or dream or ever was. He wanted all of her, too, at the same time. To devour and hold and keep safe and close every look, touch, desire, dream, smile...his list was endless. He sighed into her hair at her own knowing, and a warmth pulsed over the bond that couldn't be mistaken for anything else except the pure love that it was.

He joined her on the couch and coaxed her legs up into his lap. He pulled at her stockings and her slippers, letting them fall to the floor before his fingers ran and worked over muscles and ligaments that he knew were sore. "My mother died giving birth." He admitted, not looking up at his wife. "I can't let go of the fear I still have, deep down." for trauma was a hard thing to let go, was it not? The death of his mother, and his baby sister, had caused too much grief within his family to be truly healed. His father had let himself become too engrossed in the pain to pay attention to what he had his entire life, and lost himself to the dangers of the tundra. Zeke was fueled enough by the grief to leave their home and explore the world never to be seen again.

And Noah?

Well, he was the demigod of life now. That was enough explanation.

"We should sleep." He said, carefully maneuvering to get them both off the couch and onto their feet. He led his wife into their room, laid her down, and held her tight.

FIN