watch your step
For Mateo
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Paige
’Cause there were pages turned with the bridges burned
Those who had been brave enough to venture out to the new island came back with horror stories of vines attempting to snatch them around the neck and pull them into gaping flesh pits. Of various bones crunching underfoot and the smell of iron in the air. Of course, Paige was fascinated, but she wasn't stupid enough to go alone. Leave it to Mateo to suggest a visit. Not that she was surprised. He did have a Devil's Klaw kept in his work space, eager to choke the life out of anyone that turned their back, plotting its escape with each passing second. As far as Paige knew, he was the only one who ever managed to keep one alive.

Which is why he was perfect for such a venture.

"People say it moves, but I haven't seen it move from this spot once." Paige says, guiding the small sail boat towards the island's shoreline, brows drawn together in concentration as she quickly adjusts the lines to lower the sails and cut the wind as the run ashore. Tossing the anchor over the side, the boat comes to a stop and the Attuned straightens up, hands on her hip as she glances back at her companion. "Before you even ask, you're not using me as bait unless you have a way to save me, 'kay? Not getting eaten by a fucking plant today."

Hopping over the side, her boots land on the shore with a crunch, bones shifting underfoot as she wrinkles her nose.
Everything you lose is a step you take
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Mateo

"Bella, you wound me with that sort of talk," Mateo croons to Paige as she brings them up against the 'shore' of this weird skeletal island. For his part, of course the botanist is elated at such an opportunity, spending a few moments rummaging in his bag of holding to ensure he has sample jars and other such equipment close at hand, just in case there's anything of interest to be found here.

Hopping ashore as well, Mateo is (obviously) not wearing ideal footwear for the occasion, but his gladiator sandals and sapphire nail polish look lovely against the bleached bones, if he does say so himself. "We do not even need to go too far," he assures her, adjusting his sunglasses on his face to squint further across the island.

"But we need to go more than two steps," he adds with a flash of teeth, offering her his arm as he begins to stroll forward.
i've told you time and time again
i'm not as think as you drunk i am