Personal Quest The Artist's Sanctuary
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Bastien
Done my time and served my sentence
Dress me up and watch me die
If it feels good, tastes good
It must be mine

There was unrest in Sanctuary. Bastien wasn't even up to date on the latest happenings around, but he knew that much. People had been down since Longnight. Shuffling through the streets like zombies, stupefied by grief; the recent tensions had not been helping. This place needed an outlet. Something...fresh.

And of course, he was the one to provide that.

Not with the Gods, no (Though he would take any help The Voice offered). Not with sex either; turned out the people here were awful prudes. But with art? With his real talents, his knowledge? He could remake his sanctuary of Venice here.

The idea was so obvious he marvelled that he had not come to it sooner.

Of course, he was meant to be dead. Putting the notice up in the temple had somewhat given up his game of ended mortality, but he had a story: The Old Man was crazy. I just went to spend some time with The Voice. Simple, easy. Something he could breeze over.

The Sanctuary would, for now, live in the room beside his own home. His own kitchen would be the place for the members to make food and drink, and they were welcome to sleep in his bed upstairs (with or without him). It was a grand gesture of trust, the only way to begin the kind of relationship he wanted to with his members.

Excitedly, he waited just inside, the door cracked open enough for him to look through but avoid the shine of the pale spring sun.

-----------
PQ For Bastien to establish the Artist's guild.
If you join this PQ please have your character intend to join the guild :)

Slots:
1. Lucas
2. Caiside
3. Seiji
4. Rexanna

All slots have been taken!
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Lucas
clever as the devil and twice as pretty
"I must admit, whilst the sun may be kind to many of the others you intend to recruit, it certainly does no favours for me." Lucas smirked as he stepped in through the door, rolling his shoulders and pushing back his hood. The Ascended looked like hell - a common occurrence when the sun was up - but he had seen the notice and it had brought back something he and Jigano had spoken about before. Music, the thing that could soothe his blood when it boiled...

And why not? He'd enjoyed all of Bastien's other escapades and projects. "At your service." Lucas nodded. "I am a musician, believe it or not. Though I've yet to find someone who can find me an instrument worth playing, here."
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Age: 43 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
CAIsiDE
Bastien’s notice had been met with a healthy measure of surprise from Caiside. Last he’d heard, the man had died over Longnight, his funeral since past. If he was alive though, then Caiside need not feel the little spark of guilt he did about missing it though, and they could continue as if there had been no transgression. After all, Bastien had been the only one who had recognized him as something more the very least he could do was help him out in turn.

It seemed he was not the first to arrive, a shame really, but not one that dampened his spirits at all. He smiled brightly at both Bastien and Lucas, practically glowing Ashe did. His eyes were rimmed with gold instead of his customary red, and his hair was pulled into an elegant knot of braids and golden beads. He had really gone all out, to make the best first impression on whoever new he met here.

”I’m glad to hear of your health Bastien.” Caiside offered as a greeting, reaching up to cup Bastiens face in a familiar, find gesture. He turned to the other man after, offering his hand just as warmly. ”I am Caiside. I’m sure it will be a pleasure to know you.”
the whole world trying to tame the spark,
but I've got fire burning bright.
Seiji Okura
Musician

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: kae Offline
Change author:
For the first time, Seiji feels uncertain about attending a gathering in Caido. Pity he has already seen the notice. His interest is piqued - other musicians! So he spends some time thinking about it, considering that last line on the notice with quiet unrest. Perhaps 'upright morals' are something different in Caido? But then what, exactly…?

In the end, he goes. He approaches the house with the flowers dressed in his best, which is really just the outfit he arrived in Caido wearing, clean now and mended as best Seiji is able. He has removed the silver pin from its customary place in his pocket and placed it on his lapel. Has combed his hair and cleaned his leather shoes. He is a shadow of the person he once was, more slender than ever before, faint hollows beneath his dark eyes. But he arrives cheerful, even if he is a little weary. Cheerful and curious, blinking at those already assembled.

He does not know them. Some he has perhaps seen in the Sanctuary, but he may only be remembering strangers with similar faces. Regardless, Seiji nods, happy to extend a hand to anyone who appears interested. He makes his way toward the man who seems to be in charge, ignorant of Bastien's past and reputation. "Seiji," he introduces himself, his smile genuine. "I was a musician… I have not met any others here." He looks curiously around the room.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
REXANNA
i am your friend, a soul for your soul.
home. sun or water, here or away —
Rexanna had read the notice from Bastien, wondering how he found the time after everything had happened to tell people of his rebirth, and how it would be handled. If it was easily slipped over because of the obvious — the attack on the spire demon — or if people would come storming with questions. Regardless, Rexanna wanted to be there, to see the artist guild and to offer her services like she had offered for Bastien in the quiet starlit room of his church, uncertain of where the said church stood now. If he abandoned it and whether it would be used for anything else. She had many questions, but she didn’t feel the need to bring them up, not now or perhaps not ever.

She wanted to go to support her friend and his new activities, and it was something she thought she was good at. Yet when she arrived and breezed into his home, wearing a soft blouse with no collar and the soft bruising from Bastien’s bite fading along her neck, she paused in her step as she beheld that she was the last one to attend. She awkward cleared her throat, smiling toward them all, nodding to Lucas and offering a small wave to both Caiside and Seiji, having not recalled seeing them before. “Sorry I’m late.” She said after a moment, putting down a jacket she had brought just in case it was cold — figuring Bastien’s new found Ascension might not require him to keep the place warm enough for those without. Best to be safe.

Finally she smiled to Bastien with a bright happy grin and nodded in greeting. “I’d love to help too.” She offered turning to the two she hadn’t met yet, also uncertain if Lucas and her had shared names at the Masquerade or not. “I’m Rexanna.
—we are a lighthouse,
we leave and we stay.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Bastien
It must be mine

Lucas was the first person to enter, complaining about the sun; Bastien nodded in agreement. He had always been more of a creature of the night, but being unable to wander out in the day had begun to prove difficult. That was when merchants were open, when people wandered outside to see performances. "Ah, that is the price we pay for our gifts. Do not worry. I shall make sure at least some of our meetings occur after dusk." He motioned for Lucas to sit on a provided chair after an eyebrow raise at the news he was a musician.

Next was Caiside, the God-now-fallen he had once spent a night with. He had not seen the man since, or at least not in any way worth mentioning, and smiled warmly as he entered. "My health has never been better, santo. Ignore all rumours you may have heard. Please, sit."

After Caiside a man he didn't recognise entered, introduced himself as Seiji. Bastien stood and placed a welcoming hand on his shoulder. "A musician! Well, you will be in good company with Lucas here, then. Sit with us, friend. We will wait for one more before I begin to make introductions." Sitting back down he made easy conversation with his three guests until the door opening once more took his attention.

As soon as he saw Rexanna, Bastien's whole face lit up, the joy clear. Ah, of course she had come! She would not have missed this. "We could wait years for you, cara." Walking to her he pressed a kiss to her cheek (something he had not done for months, but had once been a customary greeting for him, it felt right here) then pointed to his own chair for her to take. "Now that there are four of you, I will begin. Any more can come as they please."

Stood before an audience, where he belonged, Bastien looked to each person before he spoke; met their eyes and nodded as if each of them were the most important guest he had ever had.

"Esteemed guests, friends. You are here on a most historic day. Back in my home of Venice, I owned a place I called 'The Artist's Sanctuary'. It was a wonderful place, somewhere for young talent to thrive and grow, a community of creatives living and working together. I want to rekindle that flame, now in this dark hour." He opened his arms to gesture to the world at large, hoping they would understand the darkness he meant.

"Please, to begin. Tell me more of each of your talents. Tell me how you began, what it is you like to create. Your tools, why you do it. What I could do to help you. A studio, an instrument, a pen. Anything. I will begin."

Bastien moved to a pose where he held a hand to his chest. "I am Bastien De Rosieres. Painter, performer and occasionally, dancer. Though I have not danced for many years. I love to paint and make because it is the only way to truly speak what is in my soul, what is in all of our souls. But more than anything I love to create art in the real world, in the interaction of like-minded people with each other. Hopefully I will make that here. Now, you do the same."

---
SELL YOURSELF AND YOUR TALENTS!

Posting order:
1. Lucas
2. Rexanna
3. Caiside
4. Seiji

(Order reshuffled to accommodate Johnny and Kae.)
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Lucas
"Well that is a relief." Lucas smiled amiably and sank down into the offered seat, settling into an easy lounge as he waited for others to join them. And join them they did, Lucas offering little more than a nod of acknowledgement until he spotted Rexanna, recognition flashing in his eyes. "Lucas," he greeted in return, arching an eyebrow at Bastien as if to ask what he had done to convince such a beauty to grace them with her presence.

Ah, but they were moving on. Lucas smiled suddenly - he had not realised that Bastien was so close to home, indeed. "Venice, you say?" he murmured. "A wonderful place, if I do say so myself..." He heard the other Ascended out in full before jumping in with his own response, though he didn't trouble himself to stand.

"Lucas Copperhead," he introduced. "The violin was my first love, but I play the piano as well. Neither have been easy to come by since I arrived in this place, so if an instrument could be provided, I'd be most grateful. I have always been the restless sort, but I find that music brings me some measure of peace." Sometimes it was the only thing that could.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
REXANNA
She noted the recognition in Lucas, and flashed him a small smile before she looked to Bastien next. Seeing the joy on his face warmed something deep within her, and she couldn’t help but to beam a bright one back at him. He approached, and she smiled, nodding her head in a bit of a more formal greeting before Bastien spoke and kissed her cheek – a cheek that perhaps had the hint of red as he stepped away and gestured for his own seat. Of course, she obliged, nodding in greeting to the others that had gathered before sitting in Bastien’s chair and looking back to him as he spoke.

Soon, he was speaking with a bit more passion than Rexanna could recall about any project of his. But then his question was to what they did that was artistic, and she had to think about what she’d done. She’d posed a bit, enjoyed dancing, and wasn’t a half bad seamstress. But nothing compared to Bastien’s list of a painter and dancer. If he was as good at dancing as he was at painting, well, she was certain it was incredible.

Then Lucas was introducing himself, and her gaze slipped momentarily from Bastien to the other Ascended as he spoke of music. “Ah, I adore music.” She commented before deciding it was likely her turn now. Inhaling quietly before glancing back to everyone else assembled, she offered them a bright cheerful smile. “I’m Rexanna Reyes, and while I don’t really paint or play music or sing, I have experience with modeling.” She paused, eyes drifting toward Bastien – knowing the man could confirm it.

But I also enjoy dancing and redesigning clothes with what I have lying around at the time. It’s a wonderful outlet.” She added, finding truth in her words of the way she could talk while she posed for Bastien, or how she could move and get away from whatever feelings tied her down with a quick step of her feet.
—we are a lighthouse,
we leave and we stay.
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Age: 43 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
CAIsiDE
Caiside offered a grin to the two who came after him, not recognizing either. At least not in any way that extended beyond a face in the crowd. The woman, Rexanna, did pique his interest though if only for the warmth of Bastien's greeting. He had not seemed to tie himself down, though perhaps the right person could change anyone's mind.

Bastien began his pitch quickly after four of them had arrived, Caiside recognizing the idea, though he had never been a part of any such collective himself. A passing visitor yes, but never a member. His focus shifted to Lucas when he spoke, not that he recognized either of the instruments the man boasted skill in. Rexanna was next, Caiside smiling as she said they shared a talent.

"I am Caiside, and I'm a dancer as well." He jumped in once she had finished, eager to share his own talents. "As well as a singer. I learned with people from all over my world, and would like to continue here." He looked around the circle, eyes pausing on each person before turning to rest on Bastien.

There was a beat of silence as Caiside took a breath and twirled a ring on his finger. "I also make jewelry. Though my muse, and materials, have been rather short lately.' He said it almost like an afterthought, unsure if it was quite the kind of art Bastien meant.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien
It must be mine

To hear that someone actually knew of his home was a pleasant surprise for Bastien, as was learning that Lucas was a musician. The man was full of twists, hm? He smiled and nodded at his introduction, already began to play how they could use his talents. A backing instrumental to a performance? Accompaniment for a drama?

Rexanna stood next, introduced herself. Bastien wanted to jump in, tell her her radiant beauty would surely translate itself to any talent if she tried it, but let her speak. A soft smile, one full of affection, followed as she sat down.

Caiside, whom he had known rather intimately for only a night, was a dancer, singer and jeweller! With so many things, Bastien hardly knew what to ask of him first. Some good rings could be a good start; the metals here were either horribly dull or the people were, looking at the jewellery in the markets.

"Ah! You shall all be a wonderful addition to our guild. I cannot wait to see what we create together...and in fact, why wait?" He grinned, clapped his hands together. "I do not have any metals or clothes, but..." Bastien reached behind himself, pulled out a very rudimentary string instrument and held it out to Lucas. "Do you think you could play this? And that you two could dance?" This was directed to Rexanna and Caiside.

Bastien sat back to watch, quite content as the distant leader in this performance.

---
Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight~

After waiting we are going to skip Seiji for this round and the next! He is welcome to rejoin at a later round.

Order:
1. Lucas
2. Rexanna
3. Caiside
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
Lucas
Hearing out the rest of the introductions from their little guild (apparently) with rudimentary interest, Lucas glanced to Bastien as he spoke with the kind of impatience that his fellow Ascended could certainly appreciate. Indeed, his green eyes widened a fraction as he produced... well, not a violin, not by anyone's standards, but... he could give it a go.

Nodding and taking the instrument and the bow in hand, he spent a long few minutes in silence to fuss over it, to preen it and tune it - and it would be tuned, despite its protests. If it was awkward for the rest of the group to wait, Lucas didn't seem to care, and when he was done he struck the strings with the bow and smiled, satisfied.

"I think this will do nicely for now," he murmured, sinking to sit back down and beginning to play a few tentative notes, as if finding the flow of the tune. Soon enough he picked up, though, and the future sanctuary was filled with an energetic and vibrant melody. Perfect for dancing.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
Her head shifted to Caiside as he began to introduce himself, listening as he spoke of dancing too and Rexanna’s grin widened. But then he could sing and make jewelry too, and Rexanna knew she wanted him to be a friend of hers. “Ah, I love jewelry, perhaps I should seek you out soon!” She said with a small laugh and a wink sent in Caiside’s direction. But as the group introduced itself and Bastien began to speak again, her eyes landed softly on him to watch as he explained that they would create great things together — and she agreed! It would be a wonderful time of art and collaboration, and she was excited to see where it would go from there.

Bastien produced some sort of a violin to give to Lucas, and she focused on Bastien while he spoke to Caiside and her, excited at the prospect of dancing. It had felt like forever since she’d danced to music, and with someone else for that matter, and she hopped up, excited to get started. Luckily for her, Caiside was just a tiny bit taller than her and it would likely be easier to dance with him than the giraffes she felt surrounded by as she glanced to Lucas and Bastien. And she didn’t mind waiting until Lucas had tuned the instrument before Caiside and her were ready to dance. Looking back to the fiery haired man, she offered a bit of a small smile.

I’m afraid I only really know ballroom dancing, nothing too fancy.” She acknowledged with a quiet huff of laughter, hoping that he knew it too and they could twirl and dance around the center of the room to the bright music Lucas created.

(Johnny, feel free to power play Rex however with the dancing if you want to :D)
—we are a lighthouse,
we leave and we stay.
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Change author:
CAIsiDE
Rexanna’s praise all but made Caiside glow, his smile widening and his eyes crinkling warmly as he turned his grin towards her. Of course someone like her recognized talent, how could she not? Before he had a chance to say anything to that effect, or to offer to make her something, Bastien was moving on, asking for a performance. Caiside doesn’t recognize that instrument that he pulls out for Lucas, but the notes that come from it as it’s tuned are universal.

It feels like an eternity has passed since he danced last, but Caiside is certain it hasn’t been that long. Dancing with a partner though? It had been some time since he’d done that. Hopefully he could remember most of the steps. ”Just let me lead.” The words were offered to the dark haired beauty with far more confidence than Caiside actually felt as he reached out to take her hand, and put his other one on her hip. It took a moment of listening to the tune Lucas played for him to find his rhythm, but as soon as he felt sure of it, he stepped, pulling Rexanna gently along with him.

At first, he was more than happy to twirl around the room, leading them in circling, repetitive steps. Caiside does occasionally put his own steps in, misremembered steps turning into new ones without stumble, his grace well learned, and his passion for the movement evident. It is only when he sees Bastien, playing at aloofness, that his smile dips, along with Rexanna.

”Aren’t you going to join in?” Caiside calls, almost singing the words so as to not interrupt the performance.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien
It must be mine
To his delight his new guildmembers followed his instructions easily, Lucas taking up the instrument and Rexanna and Caiside falling into step with each other. As much as Bastien wanted to sit back and establish himself as the authoritative leader...well, that had never been his style. At Caiside's call he stood and bowed his head as he joined the two of them, mimicking joining a formal dance hall.

He was not as graceful as the other two but could make up for it with eagerness, in turn dancing with both with linked arms and a smile on his face. Occasionally he added in motions from his childhood, Indian dances he remembered his mother teaching him when his heritage had seemed important (now, in this place where none of his old countries existed, he was no longer sure if it was).

Finally Lucas had no more music to play and all three of them were growing tired so he guided them all back to sit and poured everyone a drink, doling out praise with the wine of the music and dance. Once the glasses had been drained he looked about the room. It still looked like empty space next to his kitchen. "There is an actual task we must accomplish here. As a guild of Aesthetes it is important our space looks good. Please, aid me in setting up our guild's hall."

There were a few things to do. A sign for the outside (which Bastien set himself too, but would welcome assistance) to be painted on a board and hung above the door, tables and chairs, easels and a stage to be made in the empty space, and lastly Bastien had prepared a box of trinkets and decorations to be placed about the room to fill it and make it feel less sparse; they needed to be laid out.

"This place itself shall be a collaboration, ever changing." He said of the room, eager to see how it would evolve in the hands of his members.

---
Pick a task and help set up the guild hall!
This is the last round, there will be a wrap up post after :)

No post order!