Training breathe the wild winds
For Evie
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
the fire can't touch me
for I have burned too many times
The evening came early with winter’s balm, and by the late afternoon the sun had set long and low, a prism of colors eventually dimming to stars overhead and evening sprawls of inky Stygian. Deimos might have observed them, had they not been consumed by other duties, and by the time those hours pressed, the habitual, restless notions began beating their drums within his veins.

Promising to meet with a few others tomorrow over discussions of storage and LongNight provisions, the Sword arranged a meeting time with Evie, and then permitted one another to escape via alternative routes – one to grab refreshments, the other to snag some portions at the barracks, and he’d eagerly chosen the latter, long limbs stretching into massive strides. As he wound his way through the familiar grounds, nodding to straggling soldiers packing away their things or working on one more set of motions, he eventually maneuvered to stand at the wall of armaments.

By the time the Evergreen arrived, he’d already formed some mischievous plan in his mind. “Weapons today,” by way of announcement, glancing over his shoulder to see her reaction. “Want to play a game?”
the sea can't harm me
for I have been drowning all my life
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Evie

It's a small rebellion to free themselves early from political shackles in favor of focusing on their own endeavors, but it still feels exciting any time they do. Armed with instructions and a meeting location, Evie heads out into the streets of the Citadel to hunt down food amidst the bustling dinner rush. Considering the crowds with a shrewd eye, Evie fondly decides that this was precisely why Deimos had volunteered her for this excursion. Undaunted, the Evergreen slips into the throng of bodies, intent on edibles.

Arms laden with spoils upon her return, Evie breezes past the few straggling soldiers to find her way to Deimos at the far end of the training grounds, accompanied only by the weapons he'd chosen. Setting the food down where she can while listening intently, Evie can't help but immediately perk up at the idea of a game. He had taken an already mischievous spirit and made it all the more so, and she loves him for it, even when it gets them both into ridiculous situations. Turning with a grin, Evie begins to put up her hair in preparation, clearly eager. "What weapons? And I am always ready for a game."
a golden cage, for all its worth and beauty
is still just a cage
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
the fire can't touch me
Tying his hair back, and briefly surveying the cluster of food, he reached around her to snag a cracker, the wiles of his smile inching upwards at her acceptance of a challenge. Spurning one another on, whether through antics, provocations, or anything melded and molded in between, was a traditional aspect from both individuals; conspiring together had more than one perk. Reaching for one of the wooden training items, an instinctual pull towards the blade, he batted it back and forth between his calloused palms, feet taking an inherent stance along their chosen wake.

Head tilting back towards her as he stretched his arms and went through several warmup maneuvers, the explanation rumbled through his throat, only loud enough for her to hear. “Just the training ones,” which enabled a wide array – spears, bows, staffs, swords; some they’d both be experienced with, and others not as likely. “Each time one of us gets a hit, we must change the weapon.” Rolling his shoulders, Deimos considered the ante and potential result, boons for boons. He hadn’t forgotten he already owed her some from previous games. “First one to five hits wins.” From there though, he waited for her agreement and accord; in case she found some fault or flaw in the design.
the sea can't harm me
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Evie

The cracker has no hope of concealing his grin, and Evie can see her downfall spelled out in the glee that suffuses his expression. She has long suspected that he is the one to propose such games first, because it always lends him the upper hand of setting the challenge and rules, but even if that was the case Evie is the fool for never being able to back down from them. Case in point; the moment she is given her heading, Evie sets for the training stand to pick her own. Based on Deimos' selection of a sword, she'll have to forego her most favored throwing knives, so she grabs a wooden halberd instead.

Spinning the weapon in her hand loosely to get used to the weighted end and length of it as she absorbs the rest of the challenge rules, Evie laughs and turns her eyes to the ceiling in feigned dismay. "Well, at least I can be glad the limit is five, or I'd have to use every weapon on the rack by the end." She has never had any compunction in playfully downplaying her own abilities to make his own shine. He has more than earned his battle prowess. Still, that same firecracker stubbornness rears its head, and Evie grins as she spins the halberd again only to let it fall into her other palm, held at the ready. "Deal." Then she lunges, aiming high towards Deimos' left shoulder with the blunted spearing-tip of the weapon, always ready to take the advantage of surprise.
is still just a cage
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the fire can't touch me
Evie could have her theories; Deimos would likely do the same, had she proposed any unique game or challenge. Easily provoked and incised into mischief, antics, or anything involving some measure of violence, part of his antics merely stemmed from enjoyment, a yearning to unfurl another layer of potential in his mind, in his actions, in his movements. To be unpredictable, to learn and gain more, to stretch foundations into something playful and wicked – all tied together into chaotic semblances and amusements.

His grin deepened when she agreed, snagging at the halberd. “You did very well when there was stripping on the line,” and he shrugged his shoulders, clearly attempting to fluster her, as he began a slow, stalking measure around her; not unlike a great cat. Then she lunged, and he dodged quickly, efficiently, not without the smirk on his features as he felt the air from the training weapon hasten nearby.

In the wake of her movement and motion, the Sword opted to strike, coming towards her ribcage from her right side, extending the blade out with skill, precision, and lifetimes of experience.
the sea can't harm me
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie

He startles a laugh out of her with his slyness, all the more devastating for its accuracy. “It had the highest reward to date, of course I did,” she simpers back immediately, shameless and grinning as the cold wood warms beneath her hands, which grip intermittently in flexing, anticipatory motions as her eyes track Deimos’ catlike slink around her. He dodges smoothly as she lunges, but Evie suspected her first attempt wouldn’t be successful, his defenses too high.

They’ve fought too many times now for her not to anticipate an immediate retaliation, so she brings the back end of the pole down to catch his side-swing with the middle section between her two hands. Grinning at the sound of the wood connecting, Evie shoves outward against his sword with her own weapon and following through with a hip-level wide swing of the halberd, hoping to force him sideways.
is still just a cage
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the fire can't touch me
The response earned her a snort and a brief eye roll, before his attention was wholly diverted and invested in calculations and movement. Timber connected, and he permitted a faint smirk – perhaps pride in her growing abilities, in testing ranges and capabilities, or mere amusement through it all – before watching as she attempted her own rally.

It was strategic, but he was quick, swift, despite his size. It’d taken a long while for him to acclimate any speed with his mass, and he’d amplified it greatly since being within Caido. Rather than being forced sideways, the Sword simply caught her blade against his, and they hit one another once more.

Instead of merely taking it though, he utilized his power behind the motion, intending to push his weapon back into hers, enough so maybe, perhaps, her own armament could end up stuck within her grasp, heralded backwards, tapping into her frame.

Which he would surely count as a hit, if it worked.
the sea can't harm me
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie

The last year had seen a significant degree of growth for the Evergreen, fostered almost entirely by Deimos' attention and dedication. While she'd been his pupil for many, many years before this, they'd had little else to do in their sparse spare time but train and sleep the past year, not quite ready to believe in peace or lower their vigilance. Evie is just as proud of herself as he is of her. She'd admittedly never envisioned herself as a fighter given her born talents and disposition, but he'd taught her long ago that it didn't mean she couldn't protect her loved ones proactively.

As such she's no natural, but Deimos' training can make anyone into a believable illusion. As he evades she tries to pull her weapon back to her before his advance, but it's futile; he's upon her swiftly, and though she plants her feet hard and pushes back against the connection point, the earlier extension of the halberd means she doesn't have a firm enough stance to keep it from hitting her shoulder. Giving a reluctant, huffing exhale that mimics a laugh, Evie blows hair out of her eyes with a wry grin. "Point to you," she concedes, and immediately kicks out at Deimos' knee with her heel to try and force him backward and back out of her space, not giving either of them a chance to breathe or reposition. Sure it was weapons training, but the halberd was still in her hands wasn't it?
is still just a cage
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the fire can't touch me
Protection and defense would be useful at any point in time – he’d been a strict practician and lecturer of the concepts. From there, he’d spread it across each individual deigned to yield to his instruction, ensuring they could preserve, shield, and shelter, in the wake of Caido and all its chaotic balances. Perhaps, because, in some part, he was tired of seeing so many fall to its mayhem. He'd much rather hear of how they survived and persisted and remained, instead of how they perished and succumbed.

He could feel her push back though, goaded and incensed, and a juvenile smirk crossed his lips immediately, altering his own stance to be strong, unyielding, an enduring fortitude. Her concession was treated in light regard, perhaps a wrinkled nose, before stepping back, maneuvering out of her range with a twist of his frame. “New weapon for me,” summoned a warm chuckle (and mild gloating), and he swiftly switched the wooden blade for a staff, comfortable amidst the calloused hands.

And rushed towards her again, swiping out at her legs with the armament’s extended reach.
the sea can't harm me
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie

He maneuvers swiftly out of range, and Evie puffs her cheeks at him like an angry chipmunk, a habit she doesn't care to kick that allows her to dispel any fleeting disappointment or irritation in a single moment to keep her clearheaded. She allows him the briefest time to swap out weapons, intending to press any advantage she can, so she is already moving forward by time he swings the staff.

It's a controversial response, but Evie jumps over the swing, keeping the motion more in curling in her knees than trying to gain any air so that she's at less of a risk of being knocked over. At the same time she swings her halberd down, hoping to catch Deimos' shoulder with the blunt head while he's wide open, arms pointed more towards the ground. If she's fast enough, she can hit him first - even if he hits her back.
is still just a cage
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the fire can't touch me
To any of the individuals he trained, he would’ve advised against the ‘jumping over a staff’ maneuver. It was risky, especially in timing, plausibility, and overall function, most more likely to trip, stumble, fumble, and be left wide open for an enemy to tear apart. So at this set of movements he rolled his eyes and snorted. An Evie tactic and pattern for the unorthodox. He’d watch out for any impending attempts to ride him. (Ba dum tish).

And sure enough, he had reason to do so – her sword swinging fast. And though he’d been hoping to trip her up, she’d used the notions of evasion for her own tactics (see, he could praise her for that), and knocked a blow to his upper arm. “Point to you,” he countered, but quickly maneuvered to snag at her from a longer distance, utilizing the staff’s length to try and drive at her hip before she claimed a new weapon.
the sea can't harm me
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie

He has tried to train her out of these habits, but some of them hold strong. A flair for creativity and surprising her opponents in potentially risky maneuvers. Even during the war she had sacrificed her shoulder to the Banshee’s claws to ensure she kept her pinned and close at hand for further attacks. It pays off this time too, and Evie brightens like the sun at her success, only to get nailed firmly in the hip by Deimos’ staff before she can go change out her weapon. It’s fair given she’d attacked in exactly the same way, but she still laughs and grips her hip in dramatized woundedness, groaning - and healing up the pending bruise in the span of a moment despite her feigning.

Using her telekinesis to swap out her weapons instead of leaving her back open to him, the Evergreen summons two throwing knives and immediately launches one at Deimos’ center mass. The first weapon she’d ever chosen, the first he’d ever trained her with; she will always be fond of them, and hopefully the long distance means she can hopefully keep out of reach of the long, sweeping staff he wields. Temporarily of course, he had successfully hit her.
is still just a cage
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the fire can't touch me
Her reaction earned a chuckle out of him at the rapid brightening, then subsequent lashing, incapable of muffling the sound as it reverberated around the grounds. “Honestly,” he muttered, encouragingly amused by it all, until she started throwing serrated knives at him.

“Rude,” he snorted, having not yet exchanged his weapon. A swift dodge to the right ensured the first one missed him, though the second caught at the edges of his tunic, and though not nicking his skin, left a hole in its sanction. With a vicious and feral snort, for he’d allow her to decide if that was a point or not, he utilized his own Air incantations to trade out weaponry, snagging at a wooden spear and placing the staff back in its threshold.

Once it was firmly in his grasp, he lunged for her left side.
the sea can't harm me
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie

His laughter only makes her puff up further, pleased as punch to have inspired it even when it’s clearly filled to the brim with fond exasperation. “You did it first,” she sing-songs back, grinning. Whether that’s actually true is up for debate, as is the way the fabric tears alongside his skin - and Evie will take any handicap she can get when facing the Sword. “And I’m counting that!” Grateful her hands are already free, she holds one out to summon a short sword from the rack -

But Deimos is already moving, and Evie makes a strangled gurgle of a noise as she gracelessly leaps sideways, the end of his spear snagging her shirt and yanking her comically further off balance. Admittedly flailing her sword, she tries to smack the pole of the spear sideways to rip it out of her shirt and keep him from swinging it sideways into her waist to earn another point.
is still just a cage