A light on the water
for Safrin
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Online
Change author:
MP: 5250
Normally he tended to the Underwater Shrine, but his allegiance was to Safrin and he felt a certain satisfaction in coming to a shrine dedicated to her and Vi alone. He swam to the edge of Aumakua at midnight, to a place where the beach dropped off sharply into the water, and used his magic to clean off a large, flat stone. On it he pulled his offering from the waves: flowers, simple but beautiful. The delicate, white, star-shaped sea blooms would never had survived in the harsh air of the surface so he had carefully transplanted a small portion of sandy soil from the sea floor and the living flowers that had rooted there into a large clear glass buoy. Filled with water instead of air, the buoy no longer floated but it made an excellent container for the bouquet and the glowing plankton that lit up when the water in the container shifted, swirling around the flowers like little living nebulae.

He laid his trident along the stone as he considered his words carefully before speaking.

"Safrin. I would seek your guidance. And your further blessing on my trident." He bowed his head deeply in respect and devotion and added simply: "Please."

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
the stories i could tell
Fluttering down on soft and silent wings comes an owl with eyes full of starlight. The creature has an unmistakable sense of intelligence despite its understandable awkwardness as it lands and takes a few steps forward. It is not a creature made for walking, you understand.

Tucking its wings tight against its body, the creature's galactic gaze falls upon Hadama as intensely as a meteor shower but as delicately as a sigh.
the Tidebreaker

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Neither was Hadama made for walking, and he paid no heed to the bird's graceless steps when he could certainly do no better. Instead he was captivated by the avian's eyes, drawn by the starlit infinity contained within them.

Though he did not want to look away, eventually his mortal coil betrayed him and the mermanta blinked. Only then did he realize he had been holding his breath, and he inclined his head in respect to the night spirit. I am Hadama. Without knowing the owl's intentions or its reason for appearing it seemed polite to introduce himself. You are very beautiful. A solemn statement as he admired the winged being. Did you hear my prayer?

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
the stories i could tell
Certainly the owl looks capable of understanding and yet it gives absolutely no indication at all that it has heard Hadama's thoughts.

Instead, it opens its wings as it hops a few steps before fanning them in a circle as if it were trying to protect a flame from a strong wind.
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
The merman was perplexed.

Uncertain what the owl wanted or how to communicate he could only watch the strange, hopping dance. "I am sorry," he rumbled quietly aloud. "I do not know what you want." Lacking any fire magic or mundane means to start one there was little he could do to provide a flame, nor could he see a true fire.

What he could do was use his upgraded water magic to pull the moisture and sea spray away from the rock around the star-eyed avian. He could not affect the wind, but the water, at least, was his. Using his magic to keep the stony beach around them dry he pulled himself up onto the edge of the shore so that he sat in the open air, tail still mostly submerged into the ocean. Extending his hands, he cupped them in a mirror of the owl's wings, offering protection to that which he could not see.

Change author:
the stories i could tell
There was no flame of course, but Hadama couldn't see that. Really it was the breeze the owl was trying to stifle. Moving behind its curtain of feathers, the small creature began to etch something into the stand with its beak. After a few moments of bobbing around (the addition of the merman's hands didn't seem to bother the avian at all), the creature tucked its wings against its small body and took a step back.

There, drawn crudely in the sand seemed to be the top of a bottle floating in the water (if the wavy parallel lines beneath it were to be believed).

For just a moment the owl paused, staring intently at Hadama, before taking wing and flying out over the ocean.
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
He watched the owl with bemused interest, baffled but not wanting to disappoint a creature that seemed to have some connection to the goddess he sought to beseech. He went still when the avian began its strange ritual, not wanting to disturb it. It moved fairly quickly, however, and he was soon enlightened as to its antics.

Not what those antics meant, but at least he understood that there was an attempt at communication in the form of art. Peering at the picture and then into the eyes of the owl once more he bowed his head in defeat, raising it to watch the owl fly away.

"A message in a bottle...?" The mermanta's brow furrowed in thought as he contemplated the image a while longer, seeking some deeper meaning. In the end, however, he could only sigh and collect his trident and offering for another day.

~Fin~