all that's best of dark and bright
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Isla

"We still need to give this place a name," Isla is saying softly, her voice seeming to echo too much against the walls of the empty space. She's told Sunjata the same thing every day they've walked through the building's doors, and at this point it's more a joke than anything else. Nameless or otherwise, though, she thinks the brothel is starting to come together.

There are rooms, there are two floors and a loft space, and there's colour on the walls and drapes on the windows and rugs on the floors. A fuckton of furniture and decor and (of course) some people to do the work, and they should be basically ready to roll, here. "I never asked before," she adds, stamping the snow from her boots on the threshold of the doorway before stepping inside properly, "were you planning to move in here from the Refuge?"
we're gonna separate ourselves tonight
we're always running scared but holding knives
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
it's bad enough to see the sunlight through your seams
A slight groan slips from the Flood at the mention of giving the place a name, Sunjata huffing a soft laugh and nodding as his gaze drifts around the space. “Yeah, yeah. I know.” He drawls, his accent thickly coating his words as he reaches up to run a hand through his short crop of hair. He’s already kicked off the snow from his boots, stepped inside to hear his voice reverberate from the emptiness of the walls, but at least the brothel has been shielded from the elements and if he didn’t know any better, he’d say it almost feels warm inside already.

I was considering it. I’m not… Entirely decided on it.” He’s gone back and forth, weighing the pros and cons, trying to decide whether he should or shouldn’t give it his all. But at the end of the day, the Refuge’s purpose was done with, it was over, and without it and the war and Nate, well, he finds there to be quite a lot lacking when it comes to throwing himself into everything. So again, it goes around and around.

He steps in, shedding his coat, moving toward the spot they’d allocated for the main section’s fireplace (that I may have forgotten to add into the PQ but its there I promise) and he starts to light the fire in order to warm up the brothel. “Names, though, I was thinking maybe something a bit more… Regal sounding?” Sure, the jests and jokes would be fun and all but for all the things he’d created and made, this one also needed to fall into the same category. “What about the House of Midnight?” He asks, turning back toward Isla with a raise of his brow.
the flood
the thread of you and hem of me, it's bad enough in between
totally sniped from odd ilu
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

Isla can't say for sure whether or not it's 'warmer' inside the brothel right now, but her sensors can certainly tell the difference in temperature, and she loosens the scarf around her neck accordingly. "If you don't name it soon, one of the patrons will give it a nickname, and you know it will be something boorish and clumsy," she warns, staying safely back and out of the way as Sunjata moves to light the fire.

"Regal sounding," she repeats, her grin enough to bare her fangs now as she raises her eyebrows and waits to hear him out. And his suggestion isn't a bad one at all, the Remedy folding her arms across her chest as she considers it. "I wonder if you could ask Frey to make it so that it always appears like it's midnight when you get close to the place," she murmurs. "And would this make you Mister Midnight? Or - or - Madame Midnight?"

As for his staying there, she gives the place another glance over. "You'd be able to use your magic out here," she points out. "And it saves you hiring a middle man to keep an eye on the place."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
A low rumble of a laugh manages to break from him despite the slight grimace that twitches along his face, tugging at the scar on the side of his face. It would be something stupid or boorish and because they’d likely get everyone else calling it that, it would never truly recover from getting an official name. So he offers his suggestion up, looking to Isla to see her reaction to it.

And honestly? So far so good. Her suggestion has his brows rising, the fire underway of getting started when he returns to her and offers that same content smile. “That's a good idea.” Comes the easy compliment, before her suggestion has him huffing another soft laugh. “Now that’s going to take even longer to figure out.” He huffs, a sigh slipping past his lips as he shakes his head and ventures further into the empty rooms.

He wants to stick with the regal theme in a sense, and maybe it’s due to the fact he no longer rules anything, but a part of him wants to keep some semblance of that power even if it was entirely lost. Something like lord or crown, but even then those thoughts pop into his head and vanish again, refraining from wanting to give himself too much of an ego revolving it.

Where do we start?” He asks, looking around at the walls and everything that needed to be done.
the flood
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones.

You've encountered the OG random event! This allows you to skip one levelling requirement with the character in this thread. (Unfortunately does not count for characters over level 10, how sad.)
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"I'm full of them," she says of her good ideas, the scarf hanging loose around her neck and her coat open by the time Sunjata returns to her. "And I suppose you could always alternate. Perhaps people visiting the House of Midnight never know whether to find you in a suit or a cocktail dress. Mister throughout the week, Madame on weekends and festival days." And in truth, she's thinking more about Sunjata in heels and a feather boa than the decor as she trails after him.

That is, at least, until he asks his question out loud, and Madame Midnight pops out of her head for the time being. "Hm..." Folding her arms across her chest, she eventually gives a pragmatic shrug. "Well, clearly we need to christen the place before anything else, so take off your pants." And she even holds his gaze for a second or two, deadpan as you like, before her own joke gets the better of her.

Tittering and jostling against Sunjata, Isla gazes around the room. "Furniture is probably a good start. At the moment everything has been painted in similar tones - did you want to keep it that way, or should each room be unique?" That might even be up to the workers, in truth. "If you did want to live here, you could have the whole loft to yourself," she adds.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He hums another laugh as she goes on, very visibly rolling his eyes. Heels? He’s already 6’5, he doesn’t need any more reason to start ducking through the door frames. But he lets her have her fun until her comment of christening has him literally stopping midstep, turning toward her with a raise of his brow to her deadpan face. “So are we to christen every step of the way?” He asks, amusement flickering in his gaze as he raises a brow toward her. They’d already christened the ground the brothel stood on, and now that it has closed doors and walls? What’s next? The second they get some beds inside?

He lets it roll of his shoulders as he shakes out an arm, humming another laugh as he makes his way through the building, keeping his pants on for the time being. “I think maybe we should leave it up to the workers to decide? Maybe they want different themes.” He doesn’t want to force his own thought process on them, after all — they’re the ones far more familiar with brothels than he is.

As for the loft, his head tilts up toward it. “I would prefer the loft out of everything else.” It was big enough to be half office half living space at least, and enough closeness to it that he can keep an eye on everything. Just depended on if Isla wished to share that office space. “Hm. Well, let’s start getting some of the furniture in and go from there?” They’d dumped some options in a pile in one of the main rooms, and he makes his way back over to it. “Would you live here too?” He asks a bit quieter, as if he isn’t sure he wants to know the answer just yet.
the flood
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"It's what Frey would want," Isla points out, entirely yanking his chain by now but enjoying herself thoroughly nonetheless. "Which, as their demigod, I would have expected you to realise." Sighing as if she's disappointed in him, it's with a reconciliary pat to his shoulder that she follows him through the rooms. All cozy enough and certainly functional, if not terribly bare - and not in a good, brothel way either.

"That does seem wise - most workers tend to use the space to live in anyway, right?" Though if there begin to be themes like jungle and underwater she might not be able to resist poking fun. "I suppose I should find a space for my infirmary as well, huh." In the excitement of putting walls up and a roof on, she'd almost forgotten her part in all of this.

Following him back towards the main rooms where they've stored some furniture, Isla is smiling up towards the loft as well, almost walking full into Sunjata as he airs his question. "Would I...?" she repeats, having assumed she'd be in the Refuge still, that Sunjata would want his space back sooner or later.

"I mean, I haven't given it much thought," she confesses. "I suppose there are plenty of rooms, right?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Ack, okay mom.” He drawls, his accent thicker as he pokes fun at her in turn and continues to make his way through the rooms of the brothel, his gaze flickering from wall to wall as he decides.

It is a better idea to let them decide, and he’s glad that she agrees with it. “Yeah.” He hums before tilting his head. “First or second floor for the infirmary?” He asks her, glancing back at her again before making his way into where the furniture sat, and he feels her almost collide with him with his question, before he starts moving to untangle the web of furniture they’ve left all over.

Well, I figured if we were running it together… You’d probably benefit from being here too?” He suggests, moving a smaller wooden table toward the back to start separating it out. “Not to mention the infirmary here. Maybe you could be Madame Midnight.” He flashes her a wink to top it off.
the flood
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"How dare you." Isla laughs, balling up her scarf from around her shoulders and throwing it at him for good measure. "If I were your mother you'd be grounded for starting a brothel," she points out with a sly smile, moving to retrieve her projectile and helping to start move out the furniture as well. "The first floor is usually best," she she continues, stacking a few bar stools out of the way. "If people break their legs or have other accidents like that, they usually resent having to walk up stairs."

Running the place together and being Madame Midnight has Isla straightening up, however, and she raises her eyebrows at Sunjata incredulously, though the amusement on her face doesn't take away from the compliment (she thinks it's a compliment, anyway). "You just don't want to wear a cocktail dress," she drawls. "...But you're right, of course. It's been a long time since I had a clinic." And now it's in a brothel.

"It would make sense to live here, then," she agrees. "Fine. I'll be your madame, Sunjata."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He snorts at the idea of being grounded – it’s likely his mother would have tried to ground him for it, until she learned of the reason why. And after everything he’s been through? She’d support it so long as he was safe about it, which is the entire intention. Still, the Flood is surprised at the balled up scarf that’s thrown at him, hearing the soft little pop as it hits him and explodes and Sunjata huffs another laugh, refraining from picking it up since it looks like that’s exactly what Isla’s doing as he goes to move another piece of furniture.

Fair point.” He hums, preparing to move one of the beds from the pile to be moved into another room once they got this one situated enough. His gaze lifts toward her at the mention of the cocktail dress, another huff of a laugh leaving him as he pushes the bed with a creaking groan across the floor (when he realizes maybe they need some rugs for this place).

But as he maneuvers the bed, her agreement stills him a small fraction, his gaze flicking back up toward her with something a hint softer in it. “Perfect. Now we have our Madame Midnight. Now I need a name.” He teases her lightly, pushing the bed off to the side before returning to grab a small table from the pile.
the flood
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

Wincing at the scrape of the bed against the bare floors, Isla hurries over to help Sunjata move the bed, at least trying to get the furniture out of the way so they can start to move it into rooms and other community spaces. "Oh? Mister not good enough for the mighty Flood?" She teases, straightening up and moving to grab another table as well. "You think we should move the basics into the rooms?" she asks as a side point. "Make sure they're serviceable and all that?"

Back to his name, though; Isla hefts up a box of candelabra and wall sconces for lanterns and nibbles at her lower lip. "Back in Northaven, bluebloods had all sorts of titles. I suppose you could be Lord of Midnight, but then I'd insist on being Lady, because a lord and a madame just don't make sense."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata huffs another sound of amusement as Isla asks if Mister isn’t good enough. “No, not really.” He drawls with a small crooked smile her way as she helps him move the bed before they’re untangling the rest of the pile. As for putting the essentials in, he nods. “Essentials first then we can figure out where the rest can go and what we’re missing.” It sounded like as good a plan as any, to be honest.

He moves to grab the box full of pillows — both decoration and not — and glances to her when she speaks and he moves to set it off to the side. A dark brow rises at her suggestion though and he lets it settle in his mind as he sets it down to grab one of the last boxes of decor. “Lord and Lady Midnight have a nice ring to it.” He admits, looking back toward her as his last box is moved, propping an arm up on the doorframe as he watches her for her reaction. “I like it.
the flood
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"Mm, I see. Remind me to call you Mister Wrenzaok at every opportunity moving forward," Isla teases, hefting the box of lanterns over into a far corner and turning to survey their work so far. Smiling and nodding to him, she shrugs out of her coat and scarf properly - the fire has warmed the room enough that her sensors are gently suggesting she lose layers - and nods towards a stack of small side tables. "I'll make sure I get one of those in every room to start, then," she says.

And as for their titles, she flashes the Flood a bright smile to hear his praise, turning to dip into a curtsey fit for the duchess she had been in a previous life. "Then it's settled, my lord," she tells him. "Come on - regal or no, there's a lot to do here."