[SE] Wanna dance (with you) even if I get hurt
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
Sah's gratitude was met with a muffled grunt as Tal hid his reaction behind a cookie of his own, using the excuse of chewing to avoid answering with any further embarrassing admissions. The rule of LongNight Drinking Night was that what happened over the booze stayed there, but that didn't make him any more comfortable accepting his rival's honesty.

Not without a couple more shots in him, at least.

At least the next round was a little less dangerous. Tal looked up again with a snort and a wry grin tugging at his lips. "Torchline? Mmm... could be," he conceded slowly. "Flora's there, after all." And she did love being the center of dramatic attention! "But they seem pretty laid back, y'know? Halo and Torchline aren't doin' too bad right now. Stormbreak an' the Grounds are still rebuildin'. Not havin' leaders has really fucked 'em over. But I'm thinkin' the Greatwood is next up for more drama." With Remi gone he wondered what would happen to the Fae homeland.

Drinking obediently, he then poured the next shot. Tal felt the heat starting to burn through his blood with a pleasant buzz and hummed a little tune of his own to the rhythm of his fingers on the table top as he contemplated a new question. "Y'had your eye on anyone since things with Maeve fizzled out?" he asked at last, sneaking a glance at the man across the table to see how he'd react.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935
Sah
What is knowledge without wisdom?
Sah let out a contemplative noise, "You may have a point there." He hadn't heard much news coming out of the Greatwood recently. Perhaps it was the calm before the storm? Hopefully it wouldn't be too disastrous, should something occur. It had only been a year since the war and the Abandoned still struggled at times to pull himself out of 'disaster preparation' mode.

Tal's next question pulled a sigh from Sah and prompted him to down another shot. The alcohol was doing its job in mellowing him out. But it didn't' take the bite out of the betrayal he felt. They had never officially been together, but they'd begun to make plans. Her sudden change of heart was valid, but to move in with another man without at least letting him know here decision? That had hurt more than the rest. Sah wasn't heartbroken, just betrayed. He never should have kissed her. Never. What a waste.

"No, actually. I haven't really had the time to consider such things." Rebuilding had taken precedence. His pups always came first. And helping Hotaru and Halo had come before his own needs. Sah poured the next round and took another cookie, "And you? Anyone catching your eye?"
What is desire without instinct?
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Tal had the social sensitivity of a bull in a china shop, but he hadn't intended any malice in his question. It had been two years since he'd showed up with a bottle of comfort for a man who'd been done wrong, and he thought that enough time had passed to dull the pain.

And maybe it had, but some scars still stung, it seemed.

As Sah's expression turned glum he almost took the question back, but by the time he opened his mouth it was too late. The hunter had thrown himself into other pursuits, it seemed, and Tal couldn't blame him.

At least the return question had him quirking back towards a grin as he swirled his shot carefully in its little glass. "I met this cute girl out in th'Climb before the War... but I haven't seen'er since," he admitted with a sigh, remembering fiery Fiadh and her flaming hair. "An' there's this girl in Torchline. Mel is... she's somethin', Sah. But she's so far outta my league I dunno if she even knows I exist sometimes." He tossed back his shot and studied the empty glass against the firelight. The silence stretched out for a long moment before he broke it again, his wry humor fading to a softer, wounded honesty. "An' there was a guy, back before the War. I think I mighta been fallin' in love with'im. Or could've. But..." He exhaled and shook his head slowly, reaching to pour the next shot. What number were they on now?

"I dunno. Guess there's somethin' t'be said for wantin' what's outta my reach. The dreams are probably better than the reality'd be, anyways. Long as I don't get what I want, I won't be disappointed when it doesn't live up to the hype." His lip curled in a self-deprecatory smile and he raised his glass to his friend. "Here's t'bein' single an' livin' it up, yeah?"
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935
Sah
What is knowledge without wisdom?
The solemn expression that grew on Sah's face at the implication that Fiadh had died was wiped away with glee. "Melita? Redhead with a pension for trouble?" Yet once more Tal took a more somber approach and the hunter deflated, brow furrowing with concern. "I'm sorry." For the loses and the half-formed scars. It made the Wild Thunder think of another woman, one who he still missed dearly.

"I don't know if you ever met her, but her name was Seren, daughter of Ronin and Safrin. Well before the war, her mother called her back to the stars and I never saw her again."

Sah sighed, grief coloring his voice, "We weren't together but... we were close. And we'd talked about how there was more between us then friendship even if neither of us was ready to do anything about it at the moment." Funny how both of the woman who had drawn the Outlander to them had been tied to Safrin. Even if his brief moment with Maeve was more physical, the tie that he had with Seren was far deeper and emotional. She'd become part of his pack before he'd even realized it. And he lost her soon after it finally struck him.

Letting out a humorless snort, Sha raises his glass and clinked it against Tal's, "To eternal bachelors."
What is desire without instinct?
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
"Yeah, that's her," Tal agreed, torn between being pleased and uncharacteristically shy. "So if y'see her, I'd take it as a great personal favor if y'don't go talkin' shit about me!" His grin flashed briefly teasing before he was reminded of the other person he'd almost lost his heart to.

Not that it had mattered. That one wasn't interested in guys, as far as Tal knew. Either way he was with a woman now, and the bridge had been well and truly burnt.

Sah's offer of a distraction was taken gratefully, but Tal could only shake his head without recognition at Seren's name. Still, he listened and he raised his glass silently to his friend's grief.

Also, holy fuck but how many kids did Remi and Ronin have running around the world between them??

A question that would definitely need more booze before he was willing to learn the answer. The toast might not have been the happiest for either of them but it got the job done and soon cookies were being used as betting currency as their drunken conversation shifted to a game of truth or dare  which neither would remember the full details of in the morning.

As it should be on LongNight!

~Fin~