one of these days
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
flora

Without so much as the moon overhead to give depth to the sky, Torchline had seemingly taken it upon herself to light enough fires on the beach that were one to be foolish enough to fly through the pitch dark, they'd see all the constellations that should have been in the heavens instead scattered haphazardly on the shoreline. Couples, trios, and a few larger groups bunched up at varying points upon the shore, with a few having even dragged over a few beds. This struck Flora as both presumptuous and extremely practical, and as she strode along the beach to find a less crowded spot, she made sure to waggle her perfectly sculpted eyebrows in approval.

Surprisingly, Flora had gotten quite good at being on her own as of late. No longer quite so clingy and in need of securing the approval of everyone she passed by, it was with a bottle of something clear in one hand and a blanket in the other that the last remaining Kaliesin made her way toward the shore.

Fanning out the blanket before taking a quick peep around, you know, totally not to see if anyone interesting was nearby, her gaze landed instantly on a certain someone she hadn't seen in a good long while. Or at least, someone she hadn't really said more than a few words to in the past year. "You weren't just going to stroll on by without saying hello, now where you?" She called out to a certain wirey and mysterious pirate captain.
what doesn't kill me makes
me want you more
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
JACK

At first when Jack turns, his face is hazed in smoke and shadow, but his mouth lights up in a crooked line as he takes a slow drag from the cigarette between his lips. He's been standing against the shore, actually, enjoying a little bit of not-solitude. Because a man with the ability to snoop in on everyone else's thoughts is never truly alone.

But he hasn't been actively conniving, which is the equivalent of downtime for the good captain. Perhaps that will all change now that Flora has decided to grace him with her attention. "Hello, love," he croons in her general direction, his voice roughened by who knows how many drinks and smokes.

It's Longnight, and he's not the only Torcher who will be spending the whole night out here on the beach. Honestly, it's just a miracle that no one has gotten murdered (yet). "Was that what you were after? Or did you want somethin' a little more personal?"
you are a quiet god
and your hunger is cavernous
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
flora

We might speculate as to the cause of Flora's sudden warm rush of confidence as she properly regards Jack: was it the strangeness of being the only one left out of her small group of acquaintances? or perhaps it had to do with her night of firsts with Paige? Either way, it was with thoughts coated in honey and topped with youthful imagination that she flashed Jack a smile and inclined her head suggestively toward the blanket she'd just spread out.

"Hello love yourself." She purrs in response, not matching the smoky quality of his voice but not caring about it either. "Come on captain, you should know me better than that by now." Once she might have been offended that Jack, taker of her virginity and filler of her dreams for months was treating her with such distance, but during this longest of nights, gods but she just didn't care to make a fuss.

Kicking off her shoes, Flora sinks down into the blanket, folding her long legs beneath her before waggling the bottle in Jack's direction. "Made it myself, and before you ask--" Her aqua eyes glisten like gems in the firelight. "--no, it isn't very good, but it is strong." With a smug little twist of her lips, Flora grabs the cork with her teeth before spitting it over her shoulder where the shadows and the sand swallowed it up.

Clearing she was planning on finishing it, with or without Jack's help.
me want you more
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
JACK

Taking the cigarette from his lips, it's with a smile that's as catlike as it is enigmatic that Jack chooses not to respond to her remark. In truth his tongue is tied by the stickiness of her thoughts, the captain feasting on the images of bodies entwined, legs akimbo, the smell of sex and smoke and the moans that might echo into the dark with no owner.

Perhaps (definitely) it's that which persuades him to step across the sand to sink down onto the blanket next to the one and only Kaliesin, his feet already bare, his smoke thoughtfully snuffed out in the sand beside him. "Made it yourself?" he repeats, the lilt of his words somewhere between wary and impressed, and he scoffs at her bald admission - not that he woud have sugared his words for her anyway.

"Go on, then," he rumbles, holding his hand out for the bottle. "Least I can do is give it a try." Nohow are you copings or sorry for your losses from Jack, but then Flora sure as hell shouldn't have expected it. Instead she gets, "You been out all night?"
you are a quiet god
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

'I did.' Flora confirms proudly, having watched Jack sink down at her side with a predatory intensity that she's absolutely inherited from her father. "Hopefully it doesn't put too much hair on my chest." She adds, hoping he'll follow her line of thought. Just in case he doesn't, or perhaps to distract him if he doesn't, Flora rolls her shoulders enough to shrug her hair away from her chest, revealing a shirt whose neckline plummets suggestively towards her navel.

Grinning prettily, Flora bobs her eyebrows and moves as if to hand the bottle over before pressing it to her own lips instead. She takes a drink, though as one might suspect, she does everything she can to make the movements as suggestive as possible before swallowing, coughing, and pressing the back of her hand to her lips. '..!' She sputters, passing Jack the bottle.

Once the fire is gone from her throat and the faint pulse of eucalyptus is filling her mouth (it's one of the few proper ingredients in the "gin"), Flora shrugs her shoulders. "Dunno." She hums. "Hard to tell, what with there being no daylight. But I haven't been out here on the beach too long. How about you?"
me want you more
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK

"An' if it does, everyone's got a kink," Jack reasons about Flora's hairy chest, current or future. Very much future as it happens, because as she shifts her shoulders, of course the good captain takes advantage of the assets she so kindly puts on show, made all the more enticing by the intimate flicker of the torchlight.

And he's entirely on board with the suggestive curve of her neck, the cascade of her hair, the parting of her lips, until the gin... you know, does its thing. After that, Jack becomes more interested in the eucalyptus hue of her thoughts and the starless sky that comes into view as he tilts his head back to enjoy a swig of his own.

"Mm... been out since the sun went down," he says - it's usually the case at Longnight, honestly. "Slept a couple times, but that don't say much for time passin'. Didn't expect to see you out at all, though."
you are a quiet god
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

"Well that's definitely true." Flora agrees with as light nibbling of her lower lip, wondering what Jack's might be. Then again, with a man like the captain, he'd likely own his kinks as mere preferences instead of sullying them as if they were something to be ashamed of.

'I guess it probably isn't safe out on the water, huh?' Flora ventures as she steals the bottle back. 'I mean, unless you were moving something around you wouldn't want to be seen. Then it might be a great time to be out." Sure, Flora's plans to become the mastermind behind Torchline's black-market had been put on hold thanks to the war and Enzo's death, but just now, looking out into the impossibly thick darkness, she was reminded of just how easy she thought it all was.

"No?" Blinking herself back into Jack's blue eyes amidst the firelight, Flora tilts her head at a mischievous angle. "Thought I'd be holed up crying over my brother? Getting my beauty sleep all LongNight?" Giving her head a slight shake that was somehow mature despite the childlike grin on her lips, Flora raises the bottle and downs a healthy portion before once again dampening away the shudder with the back of her hands.
me want you more
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK

Flora is absolutely right on that account, though we all know that Jack can't air his real kinks to the general public without giving away the one secret that's still a secret. Luckily, as it happens, he can enjoy that very kink by virtue of sitting beside Flora on the beach, and so all's well that ends well.

"Ah, you'd think so wouldn't you?" Jack nods, glancing across at her with the look of a man testing the sharpness of a blade and finding it somehow more dangerous than it was before. "Problem is you can't tell who else has had the same idea as you - Longnight's a fine way to crash two ships," he says. "Rowboat to Rae's Fingers an' back, though? Might get away with it."

Smirking and snatching the bottle back for another deep swig himself, Jack rolls a shoulder. "Somethin' like that," he rumbles. "But you ain't. Good for you - sleep's overrated." And so is family, but he doubts that will get him any further into Flora's pants.
you are a quiet god
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

Undeterred, thanks in part to the gin as much as the darkness and torchlight, Flora leans her chin against her shoulder and gives Jack a look. A look that very much says she's no longer the girl whose heart fluttered when he'd popped in through her window, and who had been so delighted in his helping her with baking a few muffins. This was a girl, nay woman, who'd lived through death (and even met Him), who'd done drugs and even other girls. "So he can figure out a way to make his boat fly...but not make it undetectable to other ships? Or, figure out a way to detect them, even in the dark?" This last word she rolls from her lips, like some sort of invitation, before tsking under her breath.

"No, I ain't." Flora agrees, and this time when she reaches back for the bottle she tries to take it from him while letting her fingers melt over his.
me want you more
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK

If only Jack could ask about Flora's (sex)capades without giving the game away. Alas, his telepathy is forced to dance along the very fine lines she's drawing without getting more than a taste of whatever treats might be lurking deeper in her consciousness. "You say it as though the ability to make the Ark fly isn't goddess-given," he drawls - call it the gin or the darkness, but perhaps there's even a little less snark in his voice than usual.

"An' if you haven't noticed, I ain't too lucky with the gods." Even the one that likes him and visits him in his dreams and lets him explore all of his kinks to his heart's content.

Anyway, as Flora's fingers glide over his own, it's with a wolfish smile that Jack draws the bottle back further, as if to make her lean in closer towards him. And if she gets close enough, maybe he'll catch her with his lips.
you are a quiet god
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

"I say that like you could ask said goddess for more things. I happen to have it on very good authority that Safrin quite likes blue-eyed dark-haired men." Hopefully somewhere far away, Ronin was suddenly experiencing a very unexpected pang of jealousy. Tutting, Flora shrugs delicately. "And here I thought a man like you wouldn't rely on luck to get what he needed." Her smile widens. "Or wanted." She adds, and though she's trying for alluring and only slightly suggestive, her thoughts more than give her away.

Lean in Flora does, her shoulder brushing into his as her other arm trails after the bottle. All the while her gaze remains as locked upon his as she can, though the darkness around them seems to swallow the deep sea blue of his eyes rendering them black and gold in the firelight. Her thoughts have already warmed her core as images of his hands pinning her wrists into the sand flash behind her eyes. Life was too short not to have sex on the beach during LongNight, but if it wasn't Jack, maybe it would be someone else. Or maybe it would just be Flora, and that was perfectly fine too.
me want you more
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK

He will make it up to Safrin later, because there's a current of heat that's quickly overtaking thoughts of flying ships and luck and the gods, and his tongue is less interested in conversation and more interested in the taste of gin on Flora's lips. Her newfound confidence is a fuse he can't help but light, and so as she leans further into him, he surrenders the bottle in lieu of guiding Flora into his lap.

With calloused hands and a clever mouth, Jack promises the sort of fumble in the sand that's quick but no less satisfying for it. Flora can sing out at the starless sky and there will be no gods or spirits looking down; the world around them can shrink to the peripheral of the firelight, the next torch along the beach another island in the night.

Lifting his hips, Jack aims to both reverse their positions and to let her feel the hard pulse of his arousal, something she can have a lot more of if she helps to unfasten some troublesome buttons.
you are a quiet god
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

Suddenly in the good captain's lap, Flora is about to give herself another healthy swallow of her gin to chase the taste of Jack's mouth, when the bottle is forced from her hand in virtue of the world spinning around her. Air rushes from her lungs as her back hits the sand, but the breath that immediately fills her lungs is shivery with laughter and reckless approval. It isn't quite instinct--Flora isn't experienced enough for that-which guides her legs around his hips, but there's nothing clumsy about it either. Making no attempt to whisper sweet nothings in Jack's ear or even remove her shirt, Flora's hands immediately slip between their bodies to begin the process of relieving the captain of his pants while obfuscating her own efforts by grinding her hips upwards and against his.

Where Paige's body had been sweet and bound by warm curves the begged for methodical exploration, Jack was wirey and hard in all the right places, like a firework that had been pre-lit. Girl-sex had been all about taking their time and bringing each other along in equal measure, whereas right now all the Kaliesin girl wanted was to feel cock between her legs and kisses that would bruise pressed against her neck.
me want you more
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK

Flora wants, and of course Flora will get. Humming a note of need and impatience against her mouth, Jack doesn't mind if she keeps her shirt on so long as she stops impeding their efforts to get naked in all the necessary places. Drawing back from her lips to instead leave a keepsake on the delicate flesh of her neck, one of his arms braces against the sand while the other helps in her quest to undress them.

Warm fingers greedily seek out the soft curve of her hips and thighs, skillfully moving her underwear to the side to allow him to sink into the heat of her body. Wasting no time, the captain enters her with a moan to punctuate the lovebite against her throat. This time, he feels, she'll have a very good idea about what to do with her hands.
you are a quiet god