The eyes have it
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Flowerbirth was a time to get out and shake off some of that Deepfrost cabin fever, and Tal had jumped at the chance to return to his roots and run his team out over the Tundra and Sea on a roundabout trip to the frozen Shrine that sat amid the fragile bubbles.

He set the snow brake and made sure the shaggy hounds had treats and scratches before he approached the altar with Boreal and his red-furred lead dog. Boreal let out a happy warble of greeting while Tal dusted the snow off the slab and gave it a dab of spit-polishing. He carefully set his offering on it: a small blown glass starwhale, speckled with flecks of silver that glittered in the light reflecting off the snow.

Holding his precious Goggles tightly he cleared his throat and looked up to the night sky, strewn with glittering points of light and gently fluttering curtains of green fire. "Hey Safrin. It's, um. Tal. Things've been really busy since the War, rebuildin' an' all but..." He cleared his throat awkwardly but a grin tugged at the corners of his mouth. "We really won, huh? An' now things are peaceful again an' it's nice." Boreal butted her head against his elbow, jostling his grip on his Goggles and he stifled a yelp, shooting her a sheepish look. "Oh! Yeah, so, I was hopin', I mean I want t'ask if you'd help me out with my Goggles again? Please?"

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin
"Beautiful, aren't they?'  Safrin's voice seems to come from the colours of the aurora themselves, and as they dance and stretch, her silhouette is formed by the swatches of darkness as she peels herself from the heavens draped in the colours of the night sky.

"We really did." The goddess agrees with a wide smile. Oh, it hasn't escaped her notice that Talyson's fealty was not unique to her—not judging by the other items he carried—but something told her that the carrot, rather than the rod, was the best choice for the man before her. And so, with a starbright gaze, Safrin beamed proudly at the courier. 'It is nice, isn't it? Now there's just regular old monsters around to take care of." She added with a small feather-light laugh.

'Your googles, mm? Why of course my love. Would you have them see farther than they do now? Or perhaps they could penetrate even further into illusions?'
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
It was beautiful and intimidating as hail to watch a goddess manifest from the sky itself, somehow boundless as the night one moment and in the next, gracefully slender and almost within reach of her mortal supplicant. Tal drew in a sharp breath, trying not to let his jaw drop like a star-struck yokel even though he always felt like one when she appeared in answer to his prayers. "Y-yeah... D'you make them?" The sheets of color and cold fire between snow and stars in Halo's nights.

'Regular old monsters' were still bad enough, but at least they could usually take them down with enough sheer stubborn determination. And with his intention to go back and pick on the Not-Balrog now that he'd gotten a little tougher all around, he was in need of all the help he could get.

Fu--, er, fudge that smoke that had hidden the Eye last time.

Even in his thoughts Tal tried to behave a little classier for the goddess.

Boreal huffed an amused grumble from her broad chest and leaned against his hip as he nodded eagerly at Safrin's suggestions and then realized it was 'either or' not 'and.' Nose wrinkling in thought, he contemplated the option. "Haven't really run into any illusions yet... I mean, none that I knew about." Which was kind of the point of illusions, after all. But the point still stood. "So, seein' farther seems more useful t'me. Please," he added hurriedly, holding the Goggles - his first gift from any god - gently in his hands.

Type: Light | Style: Other | Level: Upgraded
See-Right Goggles: Reinforced goggles capable of seeing with perfect clarity regardless of conditions, up to 20ft. This includes magical darkness. Can begin to see through illusions at 5ft.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin
Tilting her chin up to regard the curtains of colour dancing in the sky, Safrin smiles to herself, before looking back at Tal. "Call it...a collaboration." The courier was too clever for a bald lie, but that didn't mean Safrin wasn't going to take as much credit as she could.

Producing a small cut of raw meat for the dragon, Safrin holds the treat out to Boreal before considering Tal's selection. "If you find that you need something more, we can always add charms and things later on. There was a time when illusions were far more troublesome than they are now...though for my followers, that usually isn't much of a problem." Both Ludo and Safrin were quite fond of fooling the eye, but with the barrier gone and war in the rearview, the pair had been more behaved. Whether that would last...well. Spoilers, you know.

"Alright then my love, here is what you must do..."

Tal must

1. Use his goggles deep underwater where light doesn't normally penetrate and witness a flora/fauna he otherwise wouldn't normally be able to see
2. Find someone with illusion magic and see how much he can detect using the goggles
3. Talk to someone tricked by illusion magic
4. Stay up and watch a shooting star.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
A collaboration? Tal wondered if the goddess meant between her and Frey and part of him wanted to turn to look at the colorful display once more, but not if it meant tearing his eyes away from the divine smile on her face.

Boreal had no such human compunctions, though she was cognizant of the deity's place on the food chain being a great deal higher than hers. She rose up a little, balancing with wings and tail on her hind legs to take the meaty morsel from Safrin's fingers with utmost delicacy before curling up to lick and nibble at the treat, savoring it while her human talked with the nice goddess.

Tal brightened considerably at the mention of charms to add further abilities to the Goggles, pulling the precious eyewear close to his chest as he nodded in eager interest. After his last Quest for Ludo had ended with a number of spectacular bruises he'd been trying not to think about the Masked God too much, but at the mention of 'deep underwater' he paled and had to swallow hard. Guess it was time to take Sah up on those swimming lessons...

The rest he listened to intently, relaxing back into a smile as the last task was listed, and he gave a happy nod. "I can do that! Especially the shootin' star part!" Some night flights on the Peregrine would be a joy as Halo's weather began to shake off the shackles of Deepfrost. "Thank you, Safrin! I can't wait t'see you again soon!"

~Fin~