when it's dark out
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
It seemed that everyone had visited the Oerwoud except for Sohalia. She made a mental note that, as soon as she was over her fear of skyships, that was the first place she would go. It was a bit too far to fly on her own in her snowy owl form. "I'm not sure, exactly," she admitted. "But the lower levels are completely submerged in water. Some of the knowledge is preserved in the rocks and walls, but not all of it."

Sohalia listened with rapt attention as Lena described the Celestine. As a lifelong lover of animals, Sohalia thought that the Celestine sounded like heaven. What she wouldn't give to be able to help heal animals or prepare them for re-release into the wild! "That sounds heavenly," she sighed. "I hope I can see it one day!" With regard to Frey, Sohalia tilted her head to one side. "They sound interesting. Are they responsible for things changing, or merely a representation of change?" she mused.
and that's the hope I have
the only thing I know that's keeping me alive
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
To hear that books had been lost to the waves, quite literally, of change, amidst the wars and whatever other strokes of alteration had come made her smile wilt. A slight edge of discontent might’ve marred the edges, for loss was experienced in so many ways, and she ended up playing with the fringes of her shirt, toying with the fabric. “I’m sorry to hear that.” The Fae had suffered a great deal in the unfurling of the barrier, and everything to come thereafter. Perhaps they’d find some peace in all of this repose.

But the Celestine, and discussion of the heralds prompted more spirit back into her heart and mind, so she unfurled a sigh to whisk away all the other distorted semblances. “You can always take a skyship to Stormbreak.” It’d be nice to have newcomers meander and wander in, see the sights for themselves. “I can’t speak for Frey or Rae, but there have been quite a few new flora and fauna lately.” So Sohalia could take that information as she wished – granting a small smile in return.
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Sohalia
Lena seemed at peace when speaking of the Celestine, and Sohalia felt herself relaxing in the woman's presence. There was something about Lena that was calming, and Sohalia felt silly for having been so upset before. Still, she couldn't help but tense at the mention of a skyship. It seemed that everyone was telling her to take one lately, but she just - she couldn't. "You're right," admitted Sohaiia. "But - well, this is silly, but - I'm afraid of skyships."

A pretty blush mantled her cheeks. "It's not the flying, or the heights, it's just - I don't understand how they work. I tried to read about them, but I just..." By the end of her little speech, her tone had grown frustrated. Then, she perked up. "But I have a friend who's going to help me get over my fear, so one day - one day I'll see it for myself!" She couldn't help but smile when thinking of Tal and Boreal.
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Lena
The Caretaker stayed in her calm, composed state – never one to mock or ridicule another’s fears, all too aware of how it managed to consume, for reasons sometimes beyond their control. So she gave a simple smile, wrapping her hands around her knees as she tucked them under her chin, content to mull and ponder, wonder. How far they’d all come, to worry more about skyships perhaps, than about other notions. “Not silly at all,” shaking her head, shrugging through her shoulders. “Its difficult to know, especially when things are fresh and new. An understandable concern.”

Come to think of it, she’d never really understood how the mechanics worked either. Perhaps she’d taken them for granted, all those years of going back and forth amidst lands, and now from the clouds. “What did you find out so far? I don’t think I’ve ever investigated them for myself.”
that kept so many warm
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
The rain was easing, and Sohalia sighed softly with relief. She never was a fan of being wet. It settled in her bones in a way that she couldn't quite shake. But she loved the way the world smelled after a good rain. As the last few drops fell, she took a deep breath, enjoying a momentary pause as Lena reassured her. Perhaps she wasn't so very silly after all, no matter how ridiculous she might feel. Imagine - an owl, afraid to fly!

But what had she learned about skyships? "Hmm," she hummed noncommittally. "Not very much, I'm afraid. I understand they're a great deal like sea boats, with sails and all, and that the wind carries them around. But how do they float? It makes sense with a sea boat, but with a skyship..." she sighed. "But my friend has a small one, and he said he'd take me for a ride to help me get over my fear. I'm sure it will work out," she added with a small smile, hoping to deflect to a new topic. She'd spent so much of this stranger's time on herself and her problems, and she was beginning to feel a bit self-conscious.
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
While Mittens shook its snowball head and retreated into Lena’s coattails, the Caretaker lifted her chin to the sky, eager to feel the pitter-patter of raindrops. It reminded her of things – better days, maybe, of racing across the rocky plaza with her sister, barefoot in the showers, splashing about with no rhyme or reason. Impulse, the boldness of youth, before anything else faltered and flickered, before barriers fell, before they knew the price of the Voice and her freedom.

But the reassurances seemed to do enough, and she turned her head back to Sohalia with the same light grin on her face. “Almost like magic?” She laughed, knowing better – for Stormbreak would never have allowed the distinctions near their shoreline. And though she had no druthers against the adornments of such enchantments, others weren’t so keen. “Hopefully you’ll figure it all out. But be patient with yourself.” Her shoulders shrugged, climbing up to her ears before settling back down. “Things like that take time.”
that kept so many warm
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
Sohalia giggled as Mittens retreated, imagining it poking its snowball head out from beneath Lena's coat. It was a rather adorable creature - if a bit odd - and Sohalia found herself wondering again just where it came from. But that was a question for another day.

At Lena's question, Sohalia tilted her head to the side. It was almost like magic, and Sohalia thought that maybe if she thought about it that way, it would seem less daunting. After all, if magic was what kept the skyships afloat, then maybe magic was what kept them from crashing. She was sure there was a more rational explanation, but for now, maybe this would be enough. "I'll try," she said with a smile. "Thank you, Lena."

The rain had abated, and it was time for Sohalia to go - and to get out of Lena's way, too. "I should be going," she told the woman. "But thank you for listening. It was a pleasure meeting you - and Mittens, of course." With a smile and a wave, Sohalia took her leave, feeling more at peace than she had in days.

~FIN~