Stars in the river and sky
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895

Edmund shrugged as he cautiously walked over to the pile of bones that had all but collided with him. "I'm not sure. I need them for my quest but I'm not sure if they have any specific properties otherwise." He'd been under the impression that it was the fact that they were the remains of a starved creature that made them valuable for the bloodbath. Specifically, if the stasis brought upon by denial of an Ancient's bloodust was viewed as a form of 'starvation'.

The young Ancient let out a breath of relief when Deimos was unfazed at his choice of words. "Good." Relaxing slightly, Edmund inspected the remains that had fallen beside him. It appeared to be the remains of a lizard of sorts. Taking a bag out of his pocket, he began to collect the bones and stray claws that littered the bank.

Once he had picked up all that he could find, Edmund walked over to the Sword and held the bag open for him to see inside, "I think it was a lizard?"

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos
Ah, there was the answer. A quest. And while he’d be quietly suspicious, pondering, wondering what sort of sojourn Ancients asked of their goddess, perhaps it was much like any of the rest of them. For power. For defenses. For schemes. For purpose. For forging onward and ahead. “I see,” was all he rumbled in return, the notions of other properties fading, no new notations added to that particular forefront.

Free to inspect the bag, he did glance down, nosey to a fault. “At one point,” and he allowed a laugh to flicker through. Meticulous eyes scanned the horizon again, watching for the other river star, and then to the ground, as if more might appear suddenly below their feet. “Will that be enough?”
what does it mean to look upon a ruin
we are boneless. we are boiling hot blood.
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895

Edmund bit his lip nervously at Deimos' tone. There was a subtle undercurrent of suspicion that had his hackles rising and the tiger beneath his skin snarling. "It's for a healing thing." He didn't owe the man any answers, but he would not allow some stranger to be spreading rumors about the Ancients. Who knew what the Sword would say if he was so suspicious about a single quest. Edmund didn't know this man or his habits. It was better safe than sorry.

At the question, Edmund glanced around to see if there were any other remains. Finding none, he shook his head. He had what he needed. "No. I've got it all." Putting the bag away, the young Ancient glanced at where Deimos had had his notebook, "Do you?" The man had helped him and despite the unease he gave the young Ancient, it'd be impolite not to check.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos
Completely unfazed by any hackles raised, Edmund probably shouldn’t have even bothered – Deimos knew the depths of his own power, and if the youth sought to threaten him, it wouldn’t take long to diminish the Ancient. His brow arched at the notions of a healing thing, but tucked it in the back of his mind, a stored measure for either future machinations or the mere aspects of knowledge. Information was information, no matter how slight or miniscule it might have seemed. His features and tone remained otherwise reticent, giving nothing but a shrug and roll of his shoulders.

Granting the youth a simple nod, he regained his height, tucking the journal and notes away back into his bag. “I am all set.” And with everything finalized, including more details than he’d started with, there was naught necessary any longer – permitting them to part amicably, even if the bristling notions remained from the Ancient. “Good luck on the rest of your quest.” And with that, the Sword could turn back the way they’d come, long strides sweeping out, eyes upon the canopy and horizon for any other river stars drifting above.

{FIN}
what does it mean to look upon a ruin
we are boneless. we are boiling hot blood.