[SE] it has to be so lonely to be the only one who's holy
Open
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
It wasn't until Jude squeezed her hand that she realized he still held it, and she squeezed back, unwilling to let go just yet. Focusing on the warmth of his hand in hers allowed Soh to ground herself, to remember that things weren't so bad. Sure, she'd felt loss - immense loss, as her tears had just shown her - but she'd made new friends as a result. If Auden hadn't died, Soh would never have left home, and it was her wanderings that had allowed her to meet new people - including Jude. She felt tied to him now in a way she couldn't quite explain. Of her friends, he'd seen the worst of her, and yet he remained, still trying to soothe and calm her. To her surprise and relief, Jude wasn't leaving.

She squeezed his hand again, feeling a bit more sure of herself with the help of her new friend's reassurances. Taking a deep breath, she swallowed hard and scooted - rather ungracefully - until she sat at Jude's side, where she could lean her head on his shoulder, her arm pressed to his. She was a little afraid that he'd move away, that she was doing something that was somehow wrong - but she thought of the way Jude had pulled her close and thought that if a hug could make her feel that safe and cared for, perhaps a gentle lean wouldn't be so bad.

"I guess you're right," she murmured with a sigh. "It just feels like - like I'm not supposed to be sad. I remember, at Auden's funeral, someone told me to celebrate their life rather than mourning their death." She laughed, the sound hollow and forlorn. "It sounds stupid now, but at the time, I guess I took it to heart."
there's no life without you here

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] it has to be so lonely to be the only one who's holy - by Sohalia - 04-25-2023, 11:09 PM