[SE] it has to be so lonely to be the only one who's holy
Open
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
Had Sohalia known that she was being for her new friend what he had been for her, she would have been overjoyed. It did indeed seem ridiculous to bare so much of their souls to one another, but there was just something so comforting about talking to Jude. Even just sitting in silence, nearly intertwined with the young man, brought her a sense of peace that she couldn't recall having had, well, ever. She couldn't bring herself to move; she could hardly bring herself to breathe.

And then she wrapped him up in her arms just as he'd wrapped her in his, and she rubs his back as he cries, mimicking what he'd done for her. "You have nothing to apologize for," she whispered fiercely, a protectiveness she hadn't known she possessed leaping to the forefront of her mind. She may not have known him very well (although she very much wanted to), but already she was unwilling to hear him apologize for being vulnerable, or to allow him to feel that he was in any way a burden.

As Jude calmed in her arms, she nodded, her cheek rubbing against his where it was buried in her neck. "I'll keep an eye out," she promised. "And I'll listen, too. If I hear anything about someone that sounds like her, I'll send word. And if you hear anything, let me know - I'd be happy to help you look."

She laughed softly at Jude's final comment. "I suppose it was a little weird," she admitted. "But I'm glad we met, too. I don't - I've never really had a friend I could confide in like this. But we're friends now. So we don't have to be alone anymore. Right?"
there's no life without you here

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] it has to be so lonely to be the only one who's holy - by Sohalia - 04-30-2023, 12:29 AM