[SE] it has to be so lonely to be the only one who's holy
Open
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Jude
come on, come dance with me
It’s a sentiment he has heard before, but never with such vitriol, such certainty. Instead of wilting away from her certainty though there is only a warmth that seeps out from his core into every extremity. It feels like forgiveness, but he’s not sure what he’s forgiving himself for.

He pulls away reluctantly, and only because he wants to be able to look into her eyes. Both of their eyes are a little red and bloodshot from crying, but somehow she is prettier to him this way. Less untouchable and intimidating in her cheer and anonymity. He manages a small, grateful smile that wobbles a little with lingering emotion but is stubbornly expressive in appreciation. “Thank you. Where should I write to you? If I can that is,” he squeaks at the end, cheeks regaining a bit of color from fluster instead of the ruddy shade of spilled tears.

The fear of being too presumptuous about seeing her again was clearly misplaced. Jude beams this time, the first big smile he’d given her, and it’s clear he got it from his father with how it shines and fits perfectly on his face. “I haven’t had one either except my brother. But now we have each other.” Squeezing her hand be bonks his head lightly into hers, almost intimate in the way he rests his forehead against hers to smile privately between them. “No more being alone. Promise?” He extends a pinky towards her, grin going a little lopsided. It’s a silly, childish thing, but he thinks maybe they both have hearts that still believe in those things enough to make it a real vow.
the earth is spinning, we can't just stand

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] it has to be so lonely to be the only one who's holy - by Jude - 04-30-2023, 04:40 AM