{se} rose petal wine
Open!
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Online
Change author:
MP: 9667
Valkyrie

Hotaru's version of Frey may be the sexual kind, but she still has a healthy respect for all of the seasonal deities. Though tainted a bit by her rather awful experience with Tanau - not the god itself of course, but the loss she'd experienced saving him - she had grown rather comfortable with the notion of gods not answering her at shrines if they were not Frey. It helps that she is only leaving an offering, and not requesting an audience with Ghilio.

She has brought water from the newly crafted hotsprings in Halo, carefully bottled and stoppered for the long journey. While it doesn't have the healing capabilities of the spring water from the Climb, it had been crafted with Frey's hands, so surely there must be some residual power there that would make it more beneficial than any old water. Or maybe not. With the amount of gifts being given this season, Hotaru doubts a misstep on her part will matter.

Kneeling comfortably before the shrine, her airy dress spread out in a neat circle around her, the Valkyrie opens the bottle and lets half of the water spread into the earth at the base of the shrine before re-corking it and setting the bottle upon the altar. Enjoying the spring breeze as it plays against her nape, bared in a rare moment of having her hair artfully braided and twisted around her crown. It is quiet and all is still, and while things will never be the same after all she has lost, moments like these remind her there are still good things to experience while she waits out her remaining days on this earth.
Just let me hold you while you're falling apart
Just let me hold you and we'll both fall down
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos
Happenstance meant crossing paths with the Valkyrie, even after he and Evie had already made their offerings to Ghilio. Rumors of ‘walking palms’ had him more than mildly curious about the potential of trees wandering around on their own, and with the time available before returning home, he’d managed to meander down familiar paths and treelines, Belial well ahead, gallivanting loudly through the brush once more.

Notebook in hand, and several other notes already written along the side, only when the peryton uttered a bellow towards the other ahead did he manage a soft chuckle. Recognizing his friend instantly, the inquiry of her whereabouts and recent navigation weren’t necessary – she would’ve been making the same pilgrimage many of them had. So instead of purposefully antagonizing, he merely allowed a rumble – Belial would’ve ensured anyone knew they were around a large radius anyway. “Ru,” he announced well before advancing closer, cheeky grin in place. “Behaving yourself?”
what does it mean to look upon a ruin
we are boneless. we are boiling hot blood.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Valkyrie

Belial's familiar hooting and hollering is her first sign of familiar company, and a tiny smile blooms on her mouth as her eyes open, turning over her shoulder as the sound of footsteps comes closer to see Deimos emerging from the bend in the path beyond.

"For now," she answers loftily, as good an answer as the Valkyrie could ever provide to such a question. Her whims are ever-changing, and her desire for mischief omnipresent. "Have you visited already for the season?" If not, she would be sure to ask what brought him this way this time around, though fate often interceded to cross paths in ways that would otherwise defy logic.

Standing gracefully, she rustles the length of her dress with a bit of magic to dispel the grasses and dry soil clinging to the fabric, and turns to meet Deimos halfway. One hand comes habitually to his elbow, leaning up to kiss his cheek in greeting. "I feel I haven't seen you in an age. How are you, Dei?"
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos
For now seemed about right; a recognizable manner for both of them, entirely capable of altering their calm convictions for bouts of bedlam and chaos. So instead of delving deeper into potential mischief, he nodded. “Yes, though I am walking back through due to some rumor circulating about walking palms.” He shrugged his shoulders, then held up the outlined sketch of what another citizen of Torchline had depicted; rough strokes of what seemed to be a tree with roots for legs. The beast might’ve harkened into some range of disbelief, had he not encountered slews of other bizarre creatures Rae had imparted into the world.

He walked forward only so she didn’t have to meander from the shrine setting for too long, not intending to derail her mission. “What did you bring for Ghilio?” Her touch along his cheek caused a snort, and he boyishly, brotherly, blew air back into her features. “Been busy, but well.” The way he liked it – restless energy contorting for measures with Halo and his friends, rather than wearing it apprehensively. “And you? How are the trainings going?”
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Valkyrie

She perks up at the mention of walking palms. Surely he would not be investigating such a disturbance without due cause for concern, and that often means trouble. Trouble that she had just said she was only staying out of for the moment. "Any luck? I'd be happy to join you," she offers, though Deimos knows he can always count on that from her.

Wrinkling her nose at the burst of air along her face, she gives in to the smile that still creeps in at his boyishness. Pinching his elbow lightly in retaliation, Ru looks back at the shrine over her shoulder. "Water from the hot springs. I didn't wish to travel to the Climb for the healing sort, and both were touched by Frey so I thought it fitting." Nature water for the spring deity, or something of the sort.

Meanwhile, she brightens immediately at the mention of her Academy, something both like the old Hotaru and something younger and more joyous shining through her face. "Wonderfully! Oh, they are all growing so much! Noah was called away to the Grounds by Vi, but we had a new student take his place swiftly. It has been amazing to see how quickly their magic can grow when it is properly fostered and guided." It is her only calling these days, but it fulfills her in a way she hadn't anticipated when reopening the school in her son's name. A monument that has turned itself into a movement, a mission.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Not so much a concern as a mild curiosity about trees that could simply meander and walk about, and then the implications of what could happen amidst those machinations – but he accepted the offer regardless. It’d be diverting to spend time with Ru, where they’d both been so occupied and busy by multitudes of other things. “If you want,” and he marked off where he’d been already. “Supposedly massive roots above ground,” so it’d be easily recognizable amidst a cluster of normal trees.

Ignoring the pinch and simply allowing her to snag at his elbow if she wished, he listened, eyes flickering over to the shrine once more. “Hopefully it is appreciated just the same.” Pausing, head tilting vaguely, he persisted in the distinct rumble through his chest. “We are considering adding healing to the springs in the Fangs. But we will discuss with the rest of Halo and see what they think.” His mouth curled into a Cheshire grin. “Much like a second spa.”

Watching her expression alter and change at the speculation of the Academy eased a sentiment in his ribs that he hadn’t realized he’d been holding – a decrease in the apprehension over the Valkyrie. Truth be told, he never knew what he could do for her, not after the losses, the deaths, the demises of so many, other than be there for her, and while he was wholly occupied with Halo, the barracks, the guild, and myriads of other things, it was nice to see she’d managed to remain determined and steadfast. A goal to keep her afloat. “Good. A success for everyone,” rather than the haunting outcry it used to be. “What new student did you take on?”
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Valkyrie

An intriguing case, far less bloodshed and might than she may have desired, but Ru would never turn down a distraction. "I'm done here now, we can fly out together and cover more ground?" Once they'd caught up of course. The Attuned bond could cover a modest amount of distance, but it certainly wasn't infallible.

Tucking her hand in the offered elbow, interest lights up her eyes at this new bit of information. "I think that's a wonderful idea. Though nothing can replace all the amenities my spa offers," she rejects with a sniff, humor making her lips twitch unbidden. It must have been fate for him to find her here, because her heart feels lighter than it has in years on this particular day, and she cannot cling to her normal aloofness in regards to her Academy.

"We've had wonderful attendance, and a large variety of skills. So far we've had no negativity from the citizens or even beyond - I didn't think it would all be moving so smoothly this early on." Had, in fact, accounted for a multitude of outcomes and obstruction in the months before opening the Academy doors. To see that there is no need for those eventualities is a compliment to how far Caido has come in terms of their outlook on Abandoned. "Alys, she mentioned you had sent her my way actually though I found her quite by accident. I outfitted her with all the Halovian necessities; I'm hoping she'll stay." Something shifty and vulnerable makes her eyes slide to the side in deference to the next admission. "I quite like her actually."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
A nod of affirmation towards wings and soaring depths followed through, but it seemed neither of them were ready to hasten off in those regards. A far more simplistic stroll, with eyes peeled and flickering over each upraised root or massive timber, accompanied the notions of catching up before any other course of action.

He rolled his eyes at the sniff and smile. “Of course not,” in seditious agreement, with all the brotherly and juvenile undertones. They didn’t have the mud over by the Fangs’ springs, which he’d gone to great lengths to throw at both Evie and Ru respectfully. “It is always good to have options.” Like avoiding the perfumed oils entirely.

News of the Academy’s reaches and easygoing ventures rather than rancor, bitterness, and unease didn’t truly surprise him – perhaps people were coming around, Halo was far more open about Abandoned anyway – and Zariah’s visions were a thing of the past. “Good.” Mages deserved it, regardless – to hold their heads proudly, to be unafraid of what lingered below the surface. Neither Valkyrie nor Sword had ever held those semblances of shame, and it was unfortunate that so many had before.

A snort and then laughter followed through on Alys’s arrival; content, for the most part, that she’d heeded his advice more than once. “I do not think we can adopt them all,” those lost, intrepid souls, “but can certainly try. I am glad she made the choice to grow though.” At the mention of liking her, his brow arched, pondering over the complexities in the statement, but not giving into it just yet.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Valkyrie

Puffing up like a pleased bird at his agreeable concession, she chooses to ignore the jackal mischief hiding in his chortling tone or the quirk of his lips. Her spa is wonderful, mud fights and all, and someday she will achieve her goal of getting each of her friends and family into its depths. Talyson was remaining stubbornly wily, but she would not be deterred, not even with the Academy sucking away most of her free time.

“I know it’s outside my purview, but I’m keen on assisting with Stormbreak removing its anti-abandoned defenses. If I can help in any way, or reach out to key members, you need only ask.” With no council role to enable her to do it on her own accord (above board that is) she could only offer her interest.

Deimos knows her too well to not see right through her, and though her answering grin is unrepentant, it’s also caught out. “Exactly, I’m merely enticing her.” Plus Ru has an abundance of favors and trades to call in on, so a full closet of Halovian clothing couldn’t set her back anything noticeable. “Perhaps I should be given a bonus for all the recruiting I’m doing for you, Warden.” Teasing plainly, recalling old days of offers and cajoling, trying to coax home fresh blood to fill the ranks.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Nearly bending back into juvenility as she puffed herself up, his nose wrinkled, then slid away into plainer features; caught in those crosshairs of nothing to be done. He sighed at the semblances of Stormbreak, for there were easily four or five of them breathing down the necks of a land above the horizon without a leader. “I will let you know. Once they find a leader, I think we can try something. I spoke to the Dragoon in charge, briefly.” He shrugged his shoulders, because they couldn’t go much farther than that – especially since they weren’t permitted amidst the compound.

Without pretenses and stoicism, and within the comfort of friends and family, he was free to roll his eyes at the comments. “And give no credit to myself?” A joke, of course, considering his old ways of recruiting had been abysmal (apparently he intimidated too many), and he wasn’t certain they were any better here. As long as they became strong, and stayed, was all that truly mattered for the sake of Halo’s growth, and the people within it. “What sort of bonus are you implying?” The Valkyrie had already been given quite a free range.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Valkyrie

Dramatically groaning, the Valkyrie reluctantly concedes that the problem lays outside of their reach. “At this point the temptation to pay someone off to take control is off the charts. Politics in Caido are so often waiting games. Boring.” Whatever happened to the days of infiltration, spying, and puppet leaders?

Oh but Hotaru definitely recalls his own methods. Namely the staring, grunting, and gritted responses. It makes her laugh to remember those days, especially to see how he pokes fun at himself so easily these days. It’s all she could want for her best friend. “While tempting to reconsider the Thief position, I’ll settle for dinner - on your tab of course. After we scout?” The proposal is thrown, hook set enticingly with the promise of food to try and secure a higher odds for victory.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Caido politics were vastly different from Helovia or Isilme’s, and he wasn’t certain how to feel about them – other than being dragged into them despite his initial intentions. Perhaps resentful of all the aspects, so he could only shrug his shoulders and glare at the nearby trees. “Out of our control, unfortunately,” and then he stuck his tongue out at her, as if this would appease things.

She knew well enough to tempt him with food, so relenting to the notions weren’t a horrific state. “Fine.” The Thief position would’ve been a more formidable approach, had they been in the midst of war again. A semblance for the future, if anymore turmoil immersed and unraveled.

From there, they could take to the skies, scouting for walking trees and mischief.

{FIN}