[SE] soul food
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Isla

Longheat.

To say it has been an eternity since Isla was able to enjoy herself properly when this season hits is an understatement, and now that the scales have swung so far in the opposite direction, she's keen to get her toes in the sand as soon as possible. And with Torchline so close to King's End (comparatively, anyway) she puts her heart and soul into cajoling Sunjata along with her at the first opportunity.

And now they're here and it's approaching midday, and it's on bare feet and with a loose white summer dress blowing about her knees that she strolls through the shallows where the sand meets the sea. Her eyes are closed and her hair has been swept into a high bun off the back of her neck; all the better to let the heat beat down onto her. With pale skin desperately in need of a tan, she relishes every freckle, and it isn't as though she can sunburn any more.

"I hope you're enjoying yourself in there," she calls towards the water, the smile audible in her voice.
I'll take a bruise, I know you're worth it
When you hit me, hit me hard
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SuNjATA
the flood
He certainly is. It takes little convincing from Isla to go to Torchline. He’s found, too, that it’s easier to go with someone. It keeps the memories at bay from times long before now. Even as he dips beneath the salty waves as the sun blooms its heat above them. He’s half shifted into his orca shift, his lower half a black and white orca tail that slaps against the water toward her as he pulls himself back toward her, floating above the water and peering at her upside down.

You make it sound like you’re missing out.” He teases her, water dripping down the sides of his cheek back into the water before he rotates himself, his scar flecked tail floating as he uses the current to keep himself up easier. “I have always loved the ocean, though.” As if it weren’t obvious he was in his element, he lifts his tattooed arm, showing her the waves tattooed there as if she needed the reminder, and playfully and childishly, Sunjata sticks his tongue out at her.
would you run away with me?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

"I am absolutely not missing out," Isla assures Sunjata with a cheeky grin, opening one eye to peep him literally frolicking in the water. It warms something in her chest that she can't quite place, but later in more solitary moments, she'll realise that it's one of the first times they've been carefree since she came to King's End. Intentionally or otherwise, it might set the course for the rest of Longheat to make it as enjoyable as possible.

"Oh, you have? You know, I really couldn't tell." With both pebble blues open now, Isla makes the mistake of turning her head just as she's unceremoniously splashed by an orca tail. With a peal of laughter that almost wants to be a scream, Isla darts a few feet further onto the shore, only to gather up her skirts and run back to kick water at him in return. "How rude!" She grins.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He’s half tempted to tell her that her reply sounds like something someone who was missing out would say, but he digresses for the fact he’s about to splash her with his tail. In the meantime, though, he makes it a full show — letting the sun seep through his bones, letting the light chase the shadows away, just as Frey has told him to seek.

He barks a laugh as she gives him that sarcastic answer, smirking lightly as he finishes it with the splash of water from his tail, ducking beneath the waters as she tries to kick back at him, trying to plan out just where to resurface to avoid it. He doesn’t, though, right in time to hear her complaint as he rises, sucking in a breath and diving below again into the shallows where she stands, one hand reaching for a pale leg of hers when he resurfaced again.

What’re you gonna do about it?” He teases her.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

It's like playing whack-a-mole with a demigod, honestly, and Isla is wickedly scouring the shallows for any sign of Sunjata when the bastard reaches up to snatch her leg. "Oi!" she squeals, hopping ever closer to the watery depths thanks to the orca with sass grabbing at her. "I am a very patient woman, Sunjata," she warns him with a crooked, fanged grin, "and I might not be able to do anything about it right now, but you wait."

It could be hours - it could be days - but she'd get him back for it.

Or maybe she'll just shove her wet foot in his face instead. What's life without a bit of instant gratification?

Still hopping, but laughing now as well, she does her best to scoot back out towards the sand one-legged, but honestly, she doesn't like her chances at being able to drag a half-shifted Sunjata anywhere at all. "Who knew orca were so heavy," she complains at him.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Sunjata keeps a hold of her, laughing lightly as she hops around the water, splashing him and getting some of the saltwater into his mouth in the process. It isn’t like he cares too much, grinning through it as he remains just enough above water to spy Isla and hear her consistently, before he finds a moment to add a “what’s my tally at?” He’s honestly lost count at this point.

But perhaps it’s better that she keeps it a secret.

She scoots back out of the deeper water, dragging him along, and Sunjata hardly helps her as he lets himself give in to an essential dead weight the second his body reaches the sand and loses the buoyancy the water gave him. But he gives her some slack, letting her go once her feet have managed to get a hold in the sand. He flops back quite contently, twisting to lay on his back and let his orca half remain in the drifting waves, folding his hands behind his head as he peers up at her again. “It’s all fat.” He comments in a matter of fact tone, though there’s the twitch of an amused smile on the scarred half of his face.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

It probably is better that she keeps it a secret, and the wicked bob of her eyebrows in response to him says as much. "High enough that I'm wondering whether to roll it all together into one big prank, or just torment you for the rest of the year," she replies instead, just as he releases her and sends her plopping down in the (dry, thankfully) sand a few feet away.

If pigs were happiest when they were rolling in shit, then Isla would hedge a bet that Sunjatas are happiest lolling around in the shallows of the ocean, and despite her feigned annoyance, she can't school away the smile on her face to see it. "All of it?" she challenges, her tone dry as she gazes over his toned and muscled upper half that absolutely is not all fat.

Rolling to her knees, she shuffles towards the lounging demigod with enough wariness to know that he's just as likely to drag her into the waves as remain sprawled on the beach. "Since we're here, do you want to try something out with me?" she asks, and it might have sounded suggestive if she weren't busy trying to drape a string of seaweed across Sunjata's hair and forehead like a slimy flower crown.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Sunjata snickers lightly with the idea of either a large prank or being tormented for the rest of the year, unsure which he’d rather have — knowing that if he voices any of it, she’d simply be going opposite of his choice anyway. So he’d gladly leave it for her to decide as he rolls back onto his spine, letting the water lap against his body.

Fully shifted? Basically.” He teases her back, but remains easily in the sand, looking nothing short of a siren pretending to relax only to strike when Isla approaches, eyes shut and finally in some semblance of what could be considered peace for the demigod for the first time in years.

He knows she approaches, though, especially as the seaweed is draped and he grimaces slightly, hand snapping out to grab her wrist, eyes opening to look up at her with a tilt of his head. “What’d you have in mind?” He asks gently, missing the entirely of the suggestive tone with the remnants of the seaweed stuck to his forehead.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

He's too quick for her, and as he snags her wrist Isla can do little more than grace him with a smile that would be all innocence were it not for the tip of a fang just about visible. "Well," she says, using her free hand to slowly pull the seaweed off his forehead (and making a point of dragging it all over his face as she does so, sorry not sorry). "I was reading a book the other night, and they managed to cook something by covering it in hot sand."

And if anywhere has sand hot enough to attempt such a thing, it's Torchline in Longheat. "I thought we could try it," Isla continues, rolling her shoulders in a lazy shrug. "You could go out and catch some fish in your very impressive all-fat shift, and I can get everything else ready from one of the stalls."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He lets go of her wrist if only to wipe at his face to try and get the seaweed stickiness from clinging to his face. He almost succeeds by the time she finishes explaining how she’d read how one could cook in hot sand. His scarred eyebrow rises and he huffs a laugh and a nod, rising on his elbows. “Yeah, think I can manage that.” He murmurs, twisting away from her already.

He gets enough space between them to shift into that basically all fat shift, sleek and black and white with the multitude of faded grey shark bite scars as he pushes himself deeper into the water. He disappears for a bit, only kept track of by the large dorsal fin when he surfaces enough for air, and when he’s gotten enough he returns to the beach — effectively beaching himself to spit out three cod–type fish onto the beach away from the water before he shifts back into himself, water dripping from his body as he collects them to hear to wherever Isla had gotten her supplies ready.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

Isla smiles to hear that Sunjata is up for helping with her change of tack and sudden shenanigans, and she scoots further up the beach as he twists and shifts into the black and white swell of an orca. Watching him drift into the deeper water, she tracks the dorsal fin for a few moments before getting to work herself. The stalls, thankfully, are abundant with everything they need to cook the fish, and by the time Sunjata returns and shifts back into his usually leggy self, Isla is all prepared.

Well. The items are prepared - parchment paper, olive oil, herbs, lemon, and some string to tie the parcels - but the Ancient is sprawled happily on the (very hot) sand, soaking up the sun and listening to the waves rush in. With her arms tucked behind her head, she peeps one eye open as Sunjata's shadow falls over her, offering him a lazy smile. "Have fun fishing?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He returns with the fish in hand, approaching Isla as she seems to sunbathe amongst the hot sands. But since his departure, there’s plenty of items they needed in order to make this work. He holds both of the fish by their tails and holds them out to her with a small smile. “When there’s no sharks, it’s a blast out there.” He teases her, winking as he shows her his leg with the crescent shaped scars puckering along the muscles.

But he steps over to the parchment paper and items, sets the fish down and produces a knife so that they can cut the twine that ties it. “Sooo, how does this work?” He asks, taking a seat in the warm sand as the sun starts to dry the saltwater along his shoulders and back, drying in his hair.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"You're really selling it to me," Isla drawls, grinning as she pushes herself to sit on her knees, accepting the fish he offers out. In truth she's skated along the surface of the ocean at speeds that seem impossible and in shapes that beggar belief, but they aren't memories that bring pleasure any more, so she prefers not to dwell on them at all. "I might make you a bet to see if you can go a year without getting any new scars," she teases him back.

As for how it works, Isla waits until he's opened the parchment paper and sets a fish down in each one of them. "So we season them with the herbs and lemon, and coat them in the oil, like this..." Having never been bothered to get her hands dirty, Isla gets straight to it, before folding each fish into a little parchment parcel. "And then if you dig a little hole in the sand, we put them in and cover them up again, and the sun does the rest. Apparently."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He chuckles a light laugh at her bet, immediately shaking his head to her. “I’ll pass.” He mutters, flashing her a playful grin as he moves over to the parchment. “I know I’ll probably lose, so.” He shrugs, but gets to work, opening the parchment and listens as she lists out what they’re supposed to do.

So he tries to put them together just as she had said — never having a cooking bone in his body. He lays the fish down, coats it in the herbs and lemon slices, drizzling the oil on before wrapping it up as best he can to mirror her own movements.

How deep?” He asks, already partially shifting his hand into his Pegasus hoof, using the dished edge of it to dig a hole not too deep, wide enough that it might fit all of their fish.