never gonna be the one for you
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
Dantalion
but you can't be free
Or maybe he's both. (Insert the por que no los dos gif here). Phoebe will just have to spend some more time around him to be sure, clearly. "I'll be sure to let the rest of my kin know to behave themselves when they come to the Greatwood. I wouldn't want to risk any complaints from you," he says, smooth as you like.

There are a number of things Danta wants, and calling Phoebe ravishing is only the tip of that perverse little iceberg. Nevertheless, with a fanged grin, he inclines his head to her. "Well, then. Demigod of Frey or otherwise, you are ravishing," he informs her. "Though if I had known I was in the Nightingale's presence, I may have thought twice about referring to you as a snack."

No, this makes her much more of a main course, in his opinion.
'cause I'm selfish, I'm obscene
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
The Nightingale
She tilted her head and smiled a bit. "Is that so?" she said. "Are you the leader of the Ancient then?" she asked, assuming that someone so casual likely wasn't. But she had been surprised before by the politics of Caido.

The Nightingale laughed at his sudden recognition of her, watching the pieces of the puzzle click into place on his face. He was a clever one then it would seem. Clever and flirty, a potentially dangerous combination. "Why thank you for saying so." she said. Though he seemed now to wish to retract his original statement. Not a snack, hm? "A meal then?" she said with a smirk. "Depends on what you mean by that."
love is the flower you've got to let grow
the Maverick

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
"Naturally," Danta lies, because she's asked and he's never not going to make himself important given the choice. "Though really, that honour does go to our mother, Dygra." And while it's difficult for a man like him to look grave and respectful, the mention of the goddess does manage it, and it even seems sincere.

Yeah, it freaks him out too.

"A feast, you might say," he agrees; ah, yes, back to the sordid waters of his regular conversation. Much better. "And I would hope that the Nightingale herself would know exactly what I meant by that." She had previously owned a brothel, after all.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
The Nightingale
Naturally, eh? Something in the smoothness of his response had her guessing otherwise. But then he spoke of the goddess Dygra and she tilted her head curiously. He grew very respectful when mentioning her. "I don't know much about Dygra. What is she like?" she asked curiously.

But it seemed he was much more comfortable talking about other things. Phoebe smirked, well aware of where he was taking this conversation. "Oh I do." she said, putting her hands on her hips. "But I don't sleep with just anyone. It will take more than one encounter to get me into your bed." she said, setting that straight right away. She may be a demigod of Frey, but she had her own set of standards.
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
"The only way to get a true reflection of my mother is to meet her yourself," Danta remarks with a smile that shows the tips of his fangs, though since it is the Nightingale herself, he does elaborate somewhat, though how helpful it is could be anyone's guess. "She is the shadow cast by Caido. The nothing to their everything. She is as necessary and as intimidating as a volcanic eruption."

With a shrug and a sweeter smile, he gives her a pointed look up and down as she establishes her boundaries, and while no small part of him thinks the risk of trying to take is worth it, he does eventually remember himself. "Noted," he purrs. "In which case, Phoebe, would you like to accompany me back towards the Sidhe Village? I have been waiting for a skyship to catch."
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
The Nightingale
His description of Dygra is both vague and specific. She was Caido's opposite, much like Vi was to Mort. But that didn't give much of a description of the goddess herself."Perhaps I shall have to meet her myself." Phoebe said. "Is there any etiquette I should know of when calling upon her?" Each god and goddess had their own preferences after all. Dygra likely wasn't much different.

Phoebe smiled, glad that he didn't seem keen to push her boundaries. He would have been in trouble then, or at least left alone when she teleported away. But it seemed he was looking for a skyboat to board, and that she could help with. "Certainly. The village is this way." she said, turning to walk down a path that opened for her as if on command. "Where are you headed?" she asked as they walked.
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
"Perhaps you should," Danta agrees, though he (naturally) makes no mention of what the results of such a meeting might hold for either the goddess or the Nightingale coming to visit her. As for the etiquette, though, that's simple enough. "Offering yourself is quite enough for my mother," he murmurs, and though it sounds simple, it's a little more nuanced than that. As if to demonstrate, Danta flicks out his wrist to demonstrate the lines of blue veins spidering away beneath his skin.

"At least you don't have to try to source blood from some stall, mm?" he says, though that would be quite something. (Maybe he will have to try it one day).

His brows raise to see the path open so effortlessly for Phoebe, the Ancient following after her and watching it with suspicious blue eyes, as if it might close around them at any moment. "Hm? I will be flying back to Torchline," he explains, gazing over his shoulder distractedly at the clear earth beneath their feet. "Warmer," he adds by way of explanation.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
The Nightingale
Phoebe's eyes widened as he displayed his wrist. Maybe visiting Dygra was something she should consult Frey about too. It seemed there might be far more on the line than she was willing to give. "I'll keep that in mind." she said with a small smile, not wishing to offend him.

"I suppose that's true." she said with a slight shrug. It was always awkward asking butchers for blood to feed her limb plant.

Torchline, hm? "Torchline is good for warmth, even in Deepfrost." she agreed with a smile. "I heard if an Ancient gets too cold they stop being able to move. Is that true?" she asked him curiously. Maybe it was more nuanced than that, but rumors very rarely conveyed such things.
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
Humming his agreement, Danta has no intention of even being anywhere near Torchline for Deepfrost (the Climb is much more friendly to his needs during that season, he finds). But it will be enough to be back on the sunkissed islands for the time being; he can make his own way back north to home from there.

As for his kind and what happens to them when they're cold, he can't help the curl of his lip. It's automatic more than it's to do with Phoebe, and he gives a stiff nod to her, as if the earlier camaraderie is the thing that has turned to stone. "It is," he says. "The cold makes us tired and sluggish, and if we are not kept warm then we go into what we call stasis. Only true love's kiss can wake us." Okay, that part's a lie, but what do you expect?
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
The Nightingale
At the curl of his lip, Phoebe realized she might have treaded onto an unwelcome topic. Whoops. But he seemed to oblige her question, answering it with honesty...until he didn't. "True love's kiss, eh?" she said with a smirk. "Then a cassanova like you ought to be careful." she teased. Danta seemed more the type to have lots of flings rather that true love's anything.

But soon enough they arrived in the Sidhe Village and the line for the Skyboat could be seen even from the village's fringes. "Well I suppose this is where we part. Thank you for indulging my questions, Danta." she said with a smile. "Safe travels back to Torchline. Don't cause too much trouble." she added with a wink and a grin.
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
"Very much so," Danta agrees with a wolfish grin that bares his fangs, and though the thought of stasis is still an unwelcome one (and wouldn't it be for you too, after spending so long in it?) their continued banter soon seems to thaw him back out. Alas it all ends too soon, but at the sight of the village and the queue for the skyship, he's once again reminded of warm sands and bronzed bodies, and all is well in the world.

"The pleasure was all mine, Madame Nightingale," he assures her, and while the tip of his head is charming enough, there's still a predatory inkling in his blue eyes as he glances at her a final time. "And I would never dream of causing trouble, don't you worry."

That much is true, at least. Danta doesn't cause trouble.

He just is trouble.

~FIN