i only feel you
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
there will be scrapes and sutures; viciousness and victory
Longheat stretches its fingers through the open windows of the Tramezzino, stroking golden morning light along the beams and windowsills. It smooths warm palms across the walls, twinkling among trinkets, chipped cups and the dew gathering on herbs in jaunty pots. Soon, but not too soon, it creeps over floorboards and finds a discarded shirt here, a sock there, and eventually the posts of a bed gauged with old claw marks and carved with sweet nothings.

And it's to the figures sleeping in this bed that we'll turn our attention, however dozy and reluctant they may be to rise to wakefulness.

Ronin, for his part, has stretched a bare leg out of bed in an attempt to escape the warm nights without properly leaving their sanctuary of blankets, but the sunlight will soon send him retreating back to the shade. Not yet, though - for now he's still very much asleep, sprawled on his front with a pillow clutched close to hide from the dawn. Dark hair (snowy around the temples now as it might be) obscures much of his expression; he's been letting it carelessly grow for the past season, just because he can.

All of this is just because they can, in fact, and to say that the former Commander of the Storm is enjoying his retirement would be an understatement.
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i wish I could say I am a light that never goes out.
but i flicker from time to time
There's a certain restlessness that can come from predictability; like the sort of phantom pain which accompanies the loss of a limb. It's hard to define and based in irrationality, sure, and yet the disruption it can cause in the lives of those who feel it is quite real. One might think that for two men who have spent so many years together, that such a feeling might begin to weave its way into their bones, coring out spaces between the marrow where it can rot and fester. Indeed it's happened to better and worse couples than the Taliesins, who, as far as their relationship goes at least, are not particularly unique or masterful.

Having shoved away his pillow sometime in the night, much preferring his own forearm and the curve of Ronin's shoulder, Remi sprawls at an awkward angle to his husband to similarly try and remain nested but cool. It isn't any one thing in particular that rouses the Lullaby from sleep, and so it's with a slow awareness of his surroundings -- his hair brushing against his nose, the husssssssssssssssh of the waterfall outside, the warm streak of light that heats only part of his arm -- that he cracks his eyes open, as if opening them fully might commit him to wakefulness.

At first, it's hard to tell just what he sees: It's a golden ridge, marred by silver crags, but there are filaments of white dancing along its ridges, like very fine tendrils of seaweed. The sun behind this particular mountain is massive and bright enough to blot out his vision if he looks at it too long. After a moment the entire mountain rises and falls, and Remi realizes with sleepy affection that the cordillera he'd been looking at was not a mountain at all, but the jut of his husband's shoulder. Leaning over gently, Remi presses his lips softly against his husband's shoulder blade, inhaling the drowsy and sun-warmed scent of sleep and pine clinging to Ronin's skin.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
And yet, for Ronin at least, it isn't restlessness he feels at all. It's like the settling of sand on the seabed; it's like the long exhale after an eternity of holding one's breath. The Tramezzino has made hermits out of them, that much is true, and he can see the changes in their habits in the small jaunts they've begun to take outside, but for a large part the Huntsman is still happily wrapped in his completed puzzle, where every piece fits seamlessly against Remi no matter the shape.

Where a marching band outside might not have roused Ronin more than to give a cursory fuck off, the veil of sleep is gently parted by little more than the brush of his husband's lips across shoulders decorated with freckles and bronzed from the sun. He hums out his next breath, soft and slow, in acknowledgement of the affection but without fully deciding how to respond.

Eventually, just before he can fully doze off again, one scarred and calloused hand comes sneaking back, intending to snag hold of Remi's arm to draw it against his chest. Nothing says good morning like mandatory spooning, after all.
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Content to simply read his husband's skin as if it were lined with brail - and it was, in ways which were both obvious and not - Remi stills as Ronin's breathing changes. It isn't because he's afraid he's woken his husband, but more so because the Lullaby was rather enjoying having the Huntsman's body all to himself while its inhabitant was off somewhere far away. Pressing his nose against a particularly knotty snarl of scar tissue and considering whether to delve into the Huntsman's dreams, he finds his hand suddenly stolen and tugged around the crag of his husband's shoulder.

Though it was Remi's right hand that Ronin had seized, the Lullaby was fairly confident that his ghostly limb was too lazy to wreak much havoc just now. Splaying his fingers across the Huntsman's chest, Remi finds his eyes closing as he imagines shining threads of light spilling from his fingers and embroidering abstract tableaus over the bronzed plains of Ronin's skin.

Ever present is the urge to slip free his soul and drift into Ronin's body where he might tangle seamlessly against the essence of the Huntsman, though always it's the pull of the physical that keeps him tethered in his own skin. Knowing how warm their bodies tend to run without any assistance from Longheat, presently the Lullaby keeps his lower half at an angle from Ronin's even as his lips begin their slow wander over his shoulder once again.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
His fingers splay through the spaces created by Remi's hand, and though it's vague and sleepy and somewhat squashed by the pillow, a smile does begin to curl across Ronins lips. He doesn't even have it in him to playfully complain about coming around to wakefulness; while much of their relationship has been built (and survives) on the ability to make light of the grotesque and unfair, this morning Ronin has nothing to complain about at all.

Eventually - and very much assisted by the slow dance of warm lips across his skin, the Huntman's head tilts back, as if to try and sneak a glimpse of the man doing the kissing. His eyes are little more than blue slits masked by a mop of dark hair, but the smile is fully visible by now. "This must be a dream," he says, his voice soft enough to almost be a whisper. "There's no way I'm waking up in bed with someone as handsome as you."
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Almost as if it were choreographed, Remi pulls back as Ronin twists; there's little more than a spark of blue amidst salt-peppered darkness and sun-blushed skin, but gods if it doesn't fill the Lullaby's chest with a swell of euphoria just the same. The feeling doesn't reach all the way to his toes however, if only because the Lullaby's waking mind hasn't really stretched out to inhabit the full length of his body just yet. As it is, Remi is nothing more than sleepy green eyes, greedy lips, and a mostly well-behaved right hand.

Does that mean you dream me better looking than I am in real life..? The Lullaby wonders, not bothering to halt the progression of his lips with something as cumbersome as speaking. The path of his kisses has finally made its way to the summit of the Huntsman's shoulder and now begins the laborious process of ascending Ronin's neck.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"I think it's more that I rarely dream of you being in bed," Ronin counters, having no qualms about letting the sleepy rumble of his voice grace the air. He'd joined the Attuned party relatively late compared to his husband, and it still doesn't occur to him automatically that he might use thought as a substitute for vocalisation. (That, and his lips are not doing anything nearly so important). "We're usually off on some adventure somewhere." Granted, he can see how his compliment might lose its weight when given to the type of dreamer Remi happened to be.

Blue eyes slip shut again as warm lips sneak ever closer towards his own, Ronin helpfully tilting his head as if that might assist his husband in his endeavours. "It's only dawn," he murmurs, a touch wonderingly, though he has never and will never be the type to say no to such affections, no matter where they might lead. (It's either going to be somewhere pleasant or somewhere weird, depending on the mood of Remi's hand - that's Ronin's experience, anyway).
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Mmmmm." The Lullaby hums (though really it's more of a vibration in the back of his throat), somewhat skeptically. At least 99% of the accompanying emotions are lazily playful, but there is (and always will be), a little bit of disbelief that the Lullaby carries with him. It's the part that had its breath stolen when first the Huntsman slipped (naked) from the sea, charmingly dishevelled as ever he had been. It was the part that viewed Ronin as something permanently out of reach for reasons that went above convention and social status. It was the part that never could quit believe that such a man could ever be happy in his arms as if Ronin was just contentedly waiting for someone better to finally come along.

Opting for the soft skin behind Ronin's ear rather than his lips, the Lullaby shrugs loosely at the mention of the time. Retirement had brought with it a rather welcome dissociation from doing things at conventional hours. The pair ate when they wanted, slept when they wanted, and went out when they wanted. "I know, but I have something to do later." Remi agrees, forming the words around soft exhalations down the back of his husband's neck.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
It's this very disbelief that Ronin spends his days fighting to wipe away, however impossible the task. It's every gift, every surprise, every affectionate touch. It's the second proposals, the birthday parties, the let's carry our houseboat up to the Cordilleras. At this point even if he felt nothing but warm affection from his husband at all times, he's not sure he'd be able to stop. Ronin's life is as dedicated to Remi's as it had been the day they leapt through fire and shared a kiss under the stars, and he wouldn't have it any other way.

"Something to do?" he mumbles, the words shivering out in the wake of the breath skating down the back of his neck. Gently rolling back and into Remi's chest, Ronin glances up at his husband, exposing stubbled cheeks and messy hair to any shenanigans still going on. "Like what?" he wants to know, evidently wondering whether it's him. He'd like it to be him.
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Propping himself up on his left elbow somewhat that he might properly gaze down at the Huntsman, Remi's eyebrows raise softly as he takes in the man with whom he shares tangled sheets every night. There was something so painfully charming about how boyish Ronin looked in the morning when he hadn't yet steeled his blue gaze or set his chiselled jaw. He looked all the more perfect for his wild hair and messy eyebrows; felt all the more real for his sluggish movements and sleepy tone.

"Mhmmm." Remi hums back as he shifts and dances the fingers of his right hand in cascading patterns across his husband's chest. "I am going to andare a cercare qualcosa di speciale perché si dà il caso che sia il tuo compleanno." The Lullaby sings, having lowered his lips toward the Huntsman's ear; the purpose of this was to be able to say, when Ronin asked what it was Remi was going to do, that he had told him.

"And no, you cannot come with me."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Remi's eyebrows raise and Ronin's softly furrow in confusion; he's about to ask his husband what's wrong (because he's still too dozy to notice Remi being smitten when he sees it) when wicked lips drop down to purr into his ear. Stuttering in a breath, it still surprises him just how flustered the travelling tongue trilling from the Lullaby's throat makes him. Surprise isn't enough to ward away the pink flush that feels as though its shooting from his cheeks and down onto his neck, though, and Ronin's finds himself moving quite without giving his body permission.

Warm hands reach out as he rolls atop his husband, the temperature be damned, their mess of blankets tangling further with his movement. "Well, then," he mumbles against Remi's chest, stretching along the length of his body until there are no parts of them that can't somehow be aligned. "I suppose I cannot say no to that, can I?"
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Though Remi's eyebrows remain raised, now there's a welcome challenge to his expression that hadn't been there before. Laying back quite willingly, the Lullaby shifts beneath the Huntsman before swatting away the pillow beneath his neck so that he might gaze more comfortably up at his husband.

Now it's Remi's turn to find himself coming undone as Ronin's warm body pieces itself against his own, awakening bits of himself that had previously been content to remain asleep. Stretching his hands down toward his husband's hips, Remi rakes his fingertips up either side of Ronin's spine before twisting his wrists so that he might continue the motion up and over Ronin's shoulders. It's as much to relax the Huntsman's body as it is to force them closer together.

"You could..." The Lullaby drawls, his hands having travelled back down the length of Ronin's body where they now teased against the cleft of space left between the jut of their hips. "..but I would not listen."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
It doesn't take much to relax the Huntsman's body, especially in bed being harrassed with affection by his husband, but nonetheless, Remi's hands do just the trick. Melting heavily against the other man (an act which absolutely wakes some parts of him up more than others), Ronin sighs out note of utter contentment against the hollow of the Lullaby's throat, his hands sneaking beneath Remi's arms and shoulders, as if he might clasp him close despite laying prone atop him.

"It is one of the things I love most about you," he reasons, of Remi's not listening. Even so, despite the challenge in their tones and the increasingly compromising positions they're finding themselves in, nothing about Ronin suggests that he wants to be rough or careless with his one and only. If anything, Remi going out later means they really ought to make the most of each other's company now.
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Call it ego, but the Lullaby found something utterly satisfying in being able to tease the tension out of his husband's body. Much as he was occasionally (often) the cause of said tension (with some varieties being more welcomed than others), there were few things he'd rather task his hands with than soothing away areas of tension that knotted the Huntsman's body.

Careless? Never. Rough, though? It was a difficult thing to gauge sometimes, between their godly tolerance for pain and their even more godly strength, but perhaps similarly to Ronin, no part of the Lullaby felt inclined to have to fight his way toward pleasure just now. This was not to be a swim against the current, but rather toes in the surf.

Shifting his hips upwards slightly, the ricochet of pleasure he feels from this minute increase in tension has Remi's eyelashes fluttering slightly as he closes his eyes to try and fully ride out the feeling. He found he liked these soft, anticipatory sensations the best, and if he rushed too quickly past them, what followed was never quite as good. Like eating too fast when you're hungry and realizing you haven't really tasted anything at all despite finding yourself full.

Wrapping one arm across Ronin's lower back, Remi tilts his chin upward slightly, lips parted. "Kiss me".