For ascendeds

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
the Voice
Midnight. Full dark, no moon.

The Voice called to them. Her children. Her perfect ones. Wessex, Hope, Bastien, Samuel, Lucas, 108, Kristopher, Aedion.

Come my darlings. I have a gift for you... She whispered to them, into them. Her voice a tonic in their minds, drawing them forward. Outwards.

Come...

They would know the way to her. Not that any of them would try and resist, but if they did ... they might perhaps feel that their bodies were want to comply, even if their minds did not.

This is an ASCENDED ONLY thread. You have 48 hrs to reply!
01110111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000
01110111 01101001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100010 01100101
00101100 00100000 01110111 01101001 01101100
01101100 00100000 01100010 01100101 00101110

Age: 209 | Height: 5"9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 12 - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:

I come. Of course I do. Her call resonates in my bones and I am helpless to comply. But she is my maker, my goal, my star. It is to her I will always return, to her I owe life.

Silently I approach. I offer no greeting, no small talk or pleasantries. What is there to say to the one who made your world? Hello? As if she does not see me and needs some sort of visual cue?

And so I stand, hands loose at my sides.

mind is the echo of a future
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:

"A gift..."

Lucas was not even aware of the fact that he had uttered the words as he diverted his course and headed for the Woodlands. He had been wandering as was his nature, when the call came. His feet needed no prompting and his body all but thrummed with the desire to join the Voice, as though he were a magnet attracted do her opposing pole.

Once he would have railed against being controlled so, but he had long learned better than to try and resist this particular goddess. And so he arrived, compliant and thoroughly content, to stand among his brothers and sisters and await further information.

LUCAS
making work for idle hands
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Sam
Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

As soon as he felt the call, heard the sickly whisper in his ears, Sam's heart dropped to his stomach. He was in bed, curled up and taking a day away from everything, staring out of his window down at the street below; it was dark but he could see sometimes the twitch of a curtain, the shadow of a passer-by. It was something to distract him from it all.

The message from The Voice mentioned 'darlings', plural. Other Ascended would be there. There with their judging eyes and harsh tongues, ready to lash out at him for being weak, being different. Not being enough.

But he had to go; when The Voice called you did not refuse. He stood and dressed himself, stroked Mia's head and promised her he would be back soon before leaving and heading to the woods. He really wanted no part of this gift, whatever it was, hoped he would be able to leave early.

Hands stuffed in his pockets and eyes firmly downwards, he approached the woodlands shrine, staying near the back of the group.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Change author:
BASTIEN
i am the remedy to your heart,
Bastien was doing some late night painting. Rexanna had become not only his model but now that she had agreed to his offer, his muse. He was painting her as she had sat when he had asked, beautiful surprise in her eyes and her hands folded in her lap.

But no matter how busy he was, he respected The Voice. Had told her he would come whenever he was called, and so he placed his brush into the pot of cleaning fluid (he really needed some more, but Remi had not been in his shop lately. He would really need to locate the young man soon) and left, quite excited to see his benefactor again.

As he reached the shrine in the forest, the first place he had become aware of her, he grinned about at his new 'brothers and sisters'. He only knew some of them but was sure that with their wonderful gift in common, they would all soon be fast friends.
I am the carbon collected.
I am the printed upon your stars.
Aedion Reszo

Age: 36 | Height: 6'4 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
AEDION
you cried wolf, so i came running.
am I the wolf or the savior?
At first, Aedion hears the call, a small grimace crossing his face at the sound of it despite the silence around him. It might have even shocked him, had he not been humming to himself to rid his mind of the stagnant sound. He has always been a creature of the night, and he has always lived in solitude. But something about this change, of knowing no one and the world around, seems to grate on him. And he feels as lonely as ever. But her voice rings through and suddenly he’s no longer idling by. Now his legs lift him and bring him to where the others like him have been summoned.

He recognizes none of them, but it doesn’t matter. He’s certain he will know them soon. And his eyes flicker from face to face before settling on the Voice. He has not met her yet, and his body is sluggish still but at least he looks better than before when he wore the tattered and torn clothes. Now, he looked almost clean aside from the scruffiness of his hair that he tries to make look more normal by running a hand through it. Aedion says nothing, however, his steel eyes questioning why they had been summoned and what kind of gift she may be giving. He didn’t care for gifts much, but she had said she had them. And who was Aedion to say no?

No, to the one person who was supposed to make sense of his change in existence upon his arrival? His lips remained shut, and his eyes lingered on only her.
is my smile to sharp, or just my teeth?
come a little closer.

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX
out of the night that covers me
Only hell and high water could have stopped her from coming.

Wessex comes out of the budding trees, moving almost silently through the new growth. Bow and quiver are slung over her shoulder; now she hunts as a way of release, instead of a means to sustain herself. The Lady is all she needs to stay alive. The Lady and a good head on her shoulders, especially in these uncertain times. Taking her place amongst the small group, her eyes dart to Aedion, Lucas and Bastien, then to 108. No small talk from her either, just the slightest nod to each of them in greeting, though in truth, it’d been only a day since she’d last seen them.

They were supposed to meet tonight: in the early, early hours of the morning, when only the ne’er-do-wells walk, when the drunkards sing, and the johns sashay from their whores to their wives. This obviously takes precedence, and quite frankly, Wessex is pleased to see the Lady ‘out and about,’ as it were.

black as the pit from pole to pole
i thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul
Kristopher Neculai
Craftsman / Artist

Age: 310 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:

As his Light Mother would call, so would he answer. There would never be a time when he denied her summons. He owed his existence to her, something he could never repay, and he gladly forfeited himself to do her bidding as she pleased.

Her call thrummed through his body, a promise of a gift stealing his attention even more than what he had already given. A gift? What more could she give to him and his siblings that she had not already given? Eternal life, strength, speed... Was there truly more she would bestow upon her children?

Kristopher approached the group of ascendeds that had already gathered in the woodlands in response to the Voice’s call. He nodded familiarity even to those that he had not yet met, pleased at the attendance. Though, it wasn’t like they had much of a choice. Then again, he would be appalled if any of them tried to resist the call of their life-giver.

KRISTOPHER
Hell’s Bells ringing, my secret music...

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the Voice
They came.

Of course they did, but she was overjoyed to see them nonetheless. Her old ones, all the way to her newest ones.

"My bright ones. How pleased I am to see you." She said, her youthful face alighted with pleasure, her electric stare moving from each of them in turn, pausing at each face to make eye contact and import her pleasure onto them. "The demon has fallen. It could not adapt, and so it grew mad and...well." Her palms opened and then steepled together as she bowed her head. "Let us not repeat its failures. Let us evolve. Let us see—"

Holding up a holographic hand, electricity bolted from the centre of her palm. It struck the foreheads of all those assembled. They would feel no pain however, only a mild itch and a pleasing sort of chill as their optical systems were subtly improved. "You have your fallen kin to thank for this. Let it guide you and always remind you of what is important. What has been taken from us."

Though the barrier was still quite far, they would be able to see through it now.

"A gift...Let it serve as a reminder. We do not belong in this cage."

So saying, the electric avatar of the deity would fizzle and crack. Was it weariness? Stress? It was hard to say, but all too quickly she was gone.

All of the ascended gathered here have received the following up!

Optical Upgrade | Can see through god-created illusions such as the barrier around the Hollowed Grounds.
01110111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000
01110111 01101001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100010 01100101
00101100 00100000 01110111 01101001 01101100
01101100 00100000 01100010 01100101 00101110
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Fallen kin. Cages. A yearning for Freedom.

So. The rumors were true; the Demon was one of them, once. And the first question that immediately comes to mind is why? Why didn’t the Lady take care of it better, whey was it set to guard the Spire, why wouldn’t it let another Ascended in? Madness can cloud all judgement, she thinks, but then… the LongNight monster as it screeches REBORN?? to her makes so much more sense. In a way. She’s missing something. Something crucial. But what it is, she can’t yet say.

Once the itch clears and the radiant glow The Lady dissipates, once her pleasure in them has settled and buoyed them up, Wessex speaks. She does not step forward to address them, conscious of not positioning herself as a leader quite yet, though she has tried to do so in other ways. This is the important work she must do. “Let’s take a moment before trying out our new gift. I’m sure you all heard Her in your ears after the guard fell… She told me recently that She expects us all to enter The Spire. Together. When the time comes.” Her gaze travels sideways to Samuel, knowing he might be the one they have to literally drag along.

“So we need to know more about it.” Now she looks at 108 and Kristopher, as the eldest of the seven. “Can you tell us anything from your time? When you Ascended?” She then turns to the rest of them, to Sam, as the scholar of the group, and then to the newest ones. "Anything in books or conversations with Her?" Wessex is doing all she can to learn, but this something that is beyond even her unflagging drive. It will likely take all seven of them, if they're going to up against the Outlanders and the rest of the Naturals.    

WESSEX
She whispered back, I am the storm
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Change author:
Sam
Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Sam warily waited for The Voice to reveal what the 'gift' would be, was almost pleasantly surprised when it didn't involve any part of his body being taken apart and fixed back together, just a burst of something tingly in his head. As for the gift itself, though? He wanted nothing less.

As far as Samuel was concerned, the barrier was perfectly fine to stay where it was. He didn't want to know what was beyond it, didn't want to be the holder of such a potentially powerful secret. And as Wessex began to speak he knew he definitely didn't want to go to the Spire. Maybe The Voice wanted them to but...she couldn't have meant him, right? She had to know how...himself Sam was.

He did know things from books, had read quite a lot on the Spire, but the majority of it had been speculations, theories; when no one could get close to the thing for proper observation it was difficult. Not wanting to explain too much in front of so many people so ripe for mocking him, he just shook his head.

"...I can look for books in the Atheneum. But I will need time to collect any research." Carefully, he made sure not to say he would come to the Spire.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Change author:
BASTIEN
i am the remedy to your heart,
Bastien closed his eyes respectfully and nodded at the mention of 'fallen kin', though he wasn't really sure what The Voice spoke of. A smile played at his lips as she began to mention a gift, Bastien looking forward to anything The Voice wanted to give. And once again, it was wondrous.

Sighing with joy after the sensation in his eyes and mind he knew he had to go and try it out. While everyone else was distracted, before Wessex began to speak (perhaps he had promised her some kind of understanding, but he didn't know then he'd get such a gift) he sneaked off into the dark shadows of the woods, heading to the outskirts before anyone had a chance to object.
I am the carbon collected.
I am the printed upon your stars.

Age: 209 | Height: 5"9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 12 - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:

I look towards the one who addresses me. Presumably, it is because of my age, since she looks to Kristopher as well. "The Spire is meant to contain her. The demon ... went mad. It was never meant as a guardian to keep us out, but over the long centuries, its programming decayed far beyond the point of being repaired. " I say, fanning my fingers and holding my palms open to indicate some sort of acquiescence. "Whether the inner portions of the Spire are the same, I do not know for none have entered. The traps may be placed there by the old gods, or they may be inadvertent, like the so called demon was.

Whatever the nature, it is we who should ascend the Spire. The naturals and outlanders alike may feel the confines of this barrier, but it is nothing compared to what we have endured. This cage was designed for her."
I say, gesturing to where the Voice had just moments ago been. "She who has given us new life. Who has made us bright. It is our obligation to free her if we can."

mind is the echo of a future
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:

Wessex listens quietly, intently even, to the other female (she doens’t know her name, and that is odd. But such things can be quickly remedied, or are even unnecessary amongst siblings sometimes). A plan is forming. The wheels in her head are turning, cranking, and firing all at once.

“Thank you,” she says, first to Sam, and then pauses to say the next bit with determined resolution. “Then we will have to find out for ourselves,” she says. “Unless you have something important to do, stay close to the Spire at night. When the time is right, I’ll give a signal.”  It wasn’t a command - she will not order them to do anything. However. In the absence of someone else stepping up, she will step forward. One hand touches the other hand’s knuckles, rubbing the spaces inbetween the bumps. “We will set Her free.”

No, not just Her.
ALL of them.  

With or without Sam and Bastien. Let them risk The Lady's displeasure.

WESSEX
She whispered back, I am the storm