Mini Event King Tide
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
flora

Most of them were white, were they?

Offering Hadama a look that was unwavering if only because Flora was doing her best not to cry (whether from outrage or embarrassment, only Jack and his telepathy would know), the Kaliesin feathered her jaw a few moments before rising.

With her drink still in hand, she strode confidently toward Harper, chin held high (again, to ward off tears or to look confident, only Jack could say). Thrusting her arm forward to hopefully splash the remainder of what was in her drink on her opponent's face, Flora's aqua stare narrowed. "Don't you ever use my dead twin to your advantage again." She snarled. Of course Flora could use Enzo's name and his death to her advantage all she liked. That's what sisters were for. "You're disgusting."
damn they don't make them like this anymore
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Harper
I see what lies heavy on your heart
It's not the first drink he's had thrown in his face, and given they live in Torchline it likely won't be the last. Wiping a hand over his face calmly, Harper lifts a brow at her accusation. "The only names I smeared, if any, were Remi and Ronin's. As you brought them up." He'd never mentioned Enzo's name, or made light of his death - had merely cast stones at the boy's parents for having allowed it to happen. Still cruel? Absolutely, but now she was the one twisting words. But he won't entertain her snarling any longer, not when he still - perhaps unfairly - perceives her as a child.

Allowing her to retreat with her tail between her legs to her only supporter, Harper moves on without a care for the stains now on his shirt. "Given the amount of animal attacks that have affected Torchline, I propose we consider asking Safrin for perks against them in our fights, so that events like the Kingmaker have less a chance of grievously harming our fighters." They'd also had many wounded by sea panthers, the giant hen on the beach...either way, Torchline was rather advanced, so perhaps they should focus on this first.
and the strength you still keep inside
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
JACK
Jack and his telepathy certainly know a lot, it's true, including Flora's current mental state and the way everyone had voted (watch that only supporter nonsense, while you're at it), and as the verdict is decided, he can't help but feel sorely disappointed. Sure, it's largely because life would have been hella easier if he'd been able to play puppet master with Flora, but with the vote going this way... fuck his life, its another new set of leaders.

"I propose we keep ourselves outta the gods' ways until things are more settled," he rumbles, slipping a cigarette between his lips. "Longheat's no time to be haulin' ass - no one's gonna enjoy that." Least of all Jack. "But it ain't my business no more - I've bit my tongue through our old governor in Apopo, through the Lullaby, the Flood, the Nightshade an' the Fireheart. Whatever's happenin', shit's clearly broken an' it ain't workin'. I quit."

And so, striking a match and holding it to his smoke, the captain takes himself out of the proceedings and back to his ship.

Jack out! He has also given up his place on the council.
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
flora

"Both Remi and Ronin could snuff the life out of you with hardly more than their little fingers, so why don't you just keep the names of all my family out of your mouth from now on, or I'll see that you regret it." Flora snarls in response, and gods if she knew that they wouldn't instantly use it against her, she'd have already channelled Remi to yeet Harper out to sea as a Kraken.

Feelings hurt and pride bruised, the Doubletake gives Hadama a wounded look before skulking after Jack. If they didn't want her, then fine. That was just fine. Only time would tell whether Flora would channel her hurt into something productive, or if pettiness would win out.

Flora out!
damn they don't make them like this anymore
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Hadama watched the interplay of high emotions without interfering, knowing better than to try and stop a trim ship in full sail. Besides, things had taken a decidedly personal turn between the Doubletake and the new human leader of Torchline, and he was wise enough to recognize when his words would only make things worse for one or both of his friends.

He met Flora's wounded expression squarely and then inclined his head deeply in respect for both her courage and her pain before she walked away. Jack's resignation was far less expected however, and the mermanta watched the captain leave with a disquieting sense that he was missing something important.

After all that, the gathered citizens were quiet - or at least, whispering their gossip among themselves without stepping forward with new ideas. Given all that had just happened, the Tidebreaker decided that he couldn't blame them.

"Hm. The council of Torchline is dissolved for now," he rumbled, looking to Harper for approval and receiving it* before continuing. "And Harper and I will discuss our next strokes together. Thank you for coming. The bar will be open for another hour."

Fin!

*with permission from Brit